Jul 9, 2008
Application Filed: 01/04/2008
AOR Received: 03/25/2008
IELTS Taken: 5/22/2008
IELTS Result Submitted: 6/20/2008

ivochka

Jul 8, 2008
Thank you, Olusolalekan!

What I will do for sure is FBI report before I leave. I'm not sure if I can request that report, being in my home country. At least it will be easier now, while I'm in the US.
I'm sure that Russian processing centre is no faster than Buffalo. A few years ago it took more than 3 years to process the case. I don't know how it is now though. I will appreciate if you'll help me with the link. :)
I think I can find an address in the US, since I still have friends here. I'm sure they will help me! And I don't see any problem with flying back for an intervew to Buffalo, except visa (they might not give it to me, since I'm required to stay at my home country at least 2 years after I come back in one month). But the thing why I wanted to wait a little bit is that I just started to learn French, so I need some time to make it basic. So I'm not ready to pass the test and submit the test results to Buffalo now...

Anyway, that was a very smart idea with the American address, Olusolalekan! Thank you! :)

olusolalekan said:
Ivochka,

my recommendation is for you to apply to check if Russia's processing center is faster than Buffalo. Let me know if you need the link.
If you must file through Buffalo, then you will need to do your FBI report befofre you leave. You will also need an address in the US that you will not change on file till this is all sorted out because once you change your address on file after you move to russia, they will transfer your file to russia and that will add more months/year to the timeline. So find an address in the US if you must use Buffalo office.
And do your FBI before leaving. If they call you for an interview, you may then fly back for the interview....that will be price of applying through buffalo.

Olusolalekan

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Ivochka,

Interview is not compulsory. they rarely ask for interview unless their is a problem or an open issue. If you couldn't get the visa, change your address as at the point in time that they will ask for your address. I am sure you are within the rules if your "MAILING" address is in the US till they ask for interview. If your file is transfered to Moscow at the interview point, you will at least know that you are almost at the final point and the wait will be plesant.

BCGirl

Apr 29, 2008
July 28, received "provisional" AOR.

I call this "provisional" because it's the standard form letter, stating that the consulate received my app, and a provisional file created. I got a "BOXXXXXXXX" number to track the file. However it's still the standard, "We haven't got instructions from the Minister yet, so uh... here's a number to keep you quiet for now" kind of thing.

My one ray of hope is that they didn't return the application outright for some error in filling it out, incompleteness, etc. My money order was cashed, and I got a receipt for it.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Hi folks l mailed mine sometime around May 30th of 08 and on july 24th of 08 l recieved my files back and they asked me to do some corrections and send them back .They also included a letter saying they were waiting for instructions from the minister and will start processing apps in the order in which they are recieved as soon as they hear from the minister .So from my understanding. They are reviewing files while waiting for instructions from the minister.

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
Guys,

I am just updating information a/AOR. I got mine today, August 31st. I had applied on March 08 at Buffalo.
Good Luck! for those who are waiting ...

deepgagan

Jul 30, 2008
Ludhiana
Hi everybody,
My timelines are as follows :

1. File Submission Date : 30th May 2008.
2. AOR Date : 26th June 2008.
3. Medical Request : 29th June 2008.
4. Medical done : 1st July 2008.
5. RPPF sent : 2nd July 2008.
6. Acknowlegdment of RPPF : 22nd July 2008.
7. Passport Request : still waiting ? ? ? ?

How much time will it take to get PPR request . Any reply would be highly appreciated. thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Deep

Jul 31, 2008
Congrats to all who made it!

I am a newbie and have a few questions:
My application was sent in April 2008. I know my check has been cashed, but need IELTS scores. Any idea how long is the wait for AOR after I submit IELTS scores?

Also, I have a TRV that expires end of this year. Once I get my AOR, can I move to Canada and stay there till all my paperwork gets processed?

Thanks in advance.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
deepgagan,

Did you apply through PNP of fed skilled worker? Your timeline is unbelievable for a fed Skilled Worker applicant. You must have applied through PNP.