+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Buffalo applicants- 2008 Yr

C

cchabert

Good Day!

Application received in Buffalo (FedEx confirm) on June 16 2008, waiting for AOR

pinoybigboy

Aug 1, 2008
hello i am a new on this forum..... i keep on reading the thread but i was so confused, because i am planning to move to canada and i don't know where to start, friends told me to apply for PR at buffalo is that right... other suggestion to me is to apply for provincial nominee which faster that the PR. but it is hard to find a job if you are not in canada...... so do you think i will start applying for my PR (submitting all the necessary docs) in buffalo since i am qualified based on the point system .... can you enlighten my mind.....

appreciate you help...

sigma69x

Aug 6, 2008
Following ivochka questions, I am also a J1 subject to the 2 years rule. I have still around 10 more months left of my program (with the possibility of extending it for 12 more months. I am also a grad student in NY state. I am a venezuelan citizen.

First I was in doubt if as j1 I could apply at Buffalo, but after reading ivochka questions, now I think I can. My doubt now is that I am not sure if it is best to apply here or back in Venezuela. I check out the processing times posted in the web for FSW:

30% 50% 70% 80%
Buffalo 16 19 22 25
Caracas 14 16 20 22

So it seems that the Caracas' Office is a little bit faster that Buffalo. Despite of that, I still think here could be easier, giving that at least during the first 8 months of the processing I will be in the USA for sure. Another thing that I read is that at the buffalo consulate we can follow something called the "regular" process, rather than the simplified one. Do you have any idea of which are the differences between both process?

Thanks

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR recived.

By law firm handoling my application - 8/12/08. Notified by such firm - 8/25/08.

C

cchabert

I got the letter from CIC with my AOR number, but where is it? is the number on top of the barcode? it takes 5 months