+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi visa office applicant !

M

menge8

Dear Ntaye,

Would like to express my congratulation to you and your family, and wishing a successful endeavor in your life in Canada. I got a couple of questions to you !

1. Kindly I ask you to stay with us for a while in this forum as you may share us your experience to the end path, visa. Are you living in Kenya or where ?
2. Do you think you are the first one to be granted this visa among the post June, 2010 applicants ? How do you collect your visa ? In person or by post ?

Just wanted to get some ideas on the process, hope you dont mind to answer !

Regards

ntaye said:
Hello Everyone;

I have received my VISA Today.

Thank you every one in this forum for the help and support.

Natsmi

ntaye

Star Member
Dec 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
Med's Request
May 16,2011
Med's Done....
May 31,2011
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
May 16,2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2,2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully late August or Early Septmeber!
Hello menge8;
I definitely stay connected to this amazing forum which helped me a lot.
I do not think I will be the first to take VISA from post June applicants but guess the first from NVO for this forum.You know there may be many applicants who do not want to join this forum and difficult to guess that.
I have got a call from Canada Consulate here in Addis Abeba and was asked to appear in person with a valid identification then I collected my VISA yesterday in the afternoon.
I am a citizen of Ethiopia and Currently live in Addis Ababa.
Good luck mengie8,I think you are the next definately.
Natsmi

CACA

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear Ntaye,

Congratulations and best wishes for the future (yager leje) don't forget you need to take 3 pcs of photographs each who are landing in Canada.

Good Luck!

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
ntaye said:
Hello menge8;
I definitely stay connected to this amazing forum which helped me a lot.
I do not think I will be the first to take VISA from post June applicants but guess the first from NVO for this forum.You know there may be many applicants who do not want to join this forum and difficult to guess that.
I have got a call from Canada Consulate here in Addis Abeba and was asked to appear in person with a valid identification then I collected my VISA yesterday in the afternoon.
I am a citizen of Ethiopia and Currently live in Addis Ababa.
Good luck mengie8,I think you are the next definately.
Natsmi
congra bro.
Yes stay with us to share your landing experience Yager lije ! Just if your have time do post any information. i really happy to hear that! take care!!
with regard

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello,
I just joined this forum. I am a June applicant. I sent full set of docs in May 2010 and received a file number in June 2010. I am FSW under the profession of Accountant/Internal Auditor. So far no further reply and wonder how long the processing will take. The problem is that we do not get any information about the status. My friend who applied under Quebec skilled worker already got reply for medical requirements.

can anyone advise me on the steps that I should take to get at least an idea on my status.

Thks

Mimisha

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello Dassen

I am also from Mauritius and a FSW June applicant (Acciuntant/Internal Auditor). Still waiting hopefully.

Mimisha

Dassen

Aug 6, 2011
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
In Process April 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
October 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27 June 2012
LANDED..........
25 August 2012
Hi Mimisha,
Welcome to this forum. Glad to have another Mauritian in our midst. I am also accountant and initially applied to CIO in May 2010. I received AOR in October 2010 through the email address i provided. I forwarded my full application with supporting documents to Nairobi Visa Office in February 2011. My status on CAS is RBVO. My application is pending review. I have two questions for you:

Did you send your full application with supporting documents to Nairobi Visa office?
Have you checked your status on CAS?

The processing time for this type of application has been updated to 13 months. If your application is in order, you should have got your medicals by now.

You can contact me though phone on 7742924 or you can mail me on vyde@live.com. I work in Port Louis. You may wish to meet me some day and we can share our experiences.

Dassen.

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi Dassen,
I am glad to have contact with someone with same profession and staying in the same country. Sure we can have easy communications. BZW, I have applied through GMS. Full docs were sent on 28.5.10 & AOR is dated 10.6.10. As for my ecas, I cannot get any information despite I tried the online system many time. GMS has sent a reminder dated July 11 & a reply is awaited. The GMS official says that applicants dating back to 2009 are still awaiting a reply.

I will email you further.

Thanks for giving me your contact details

Mimisha

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello everyone on this thread,

Let us congratulate Ntaye who is the first on in this thread to get visa. He is indeed lucky and may his settlement smooth as well. As I went on the thread, I can see that most of you can view at least your status. But in my case since I received my 2nd AOR in June 2010, I can't even view my status. Can anyone tell me the steps that can be taken to view the ecas. Can I get the mailing address/CIC address/site where I can correspond with the visa office or the CIC canada for an enquiry?

Thks
Mimisha

ntaye

Star Member
Dec 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
Med's Request
May 16,2011
Med's Done....
May 31,2011
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
May 16,2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2,2011
LANDED..........
Mimisha said:
Hello everyone on this thread,

Let us congratulate Ntaye who is the first on in this thread to get visa. He is indeed lucky and may his settlement smooth as well. As I went on the thread, I can see that most of you can view at least your status. But in my case since I received my 2nd AOR in June 2010, I can't even view my status. Can anyone tell me the steps that can be taken to view the ecas. Can I get the mailing address/CIC address/site where I can correspond with the visa office or the CIC canada for an enquiry?

Thks
Mimisha
Dear All.
I was busy preparing my stiffs to land in Canada early Sept and was tough to think to move permanently.
Dear Mimisha;
Well come to this forum and thank you for your comments.
To check your status online you need a UCI: 87.... or Application: E00... number and just go to the client application status ECAS web here. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas and check the box down and you will get a form and fill it accordingly.
That is how it works.Any problem,let us know with the error message.
Good luck
Natsmi
Natsmi

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Thk u Ntaye.

My status is only RBVO after 14 months of my 2nd AOR. My objective is the enhancement of studies for my children in Canada. By the way where are u going to settle? Please do maintain contact so that we can get ideas of what is ahead? (eg housing, education, health and job facilities)

Good luck for your new journey.

Mimisha

Dassen

Aug 6, 2011
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
In Process April 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
October 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27 June 2012
LANDED..........
25 August 2012
Hi Ntaye and Mimisha,

Congratulations Ntaye. Wish you and your family success in Canada.

Mimisha, I see that you finally succeeded in obtaining your status on ecas. Hope your status will soon change.

In my case, I forwarded my full application to Nairobi only 6 months back. I have to be patient. I am learning quite a lot from your experiences.

By the way, Mimisha I think CACA is also a pre June 2010 applicant. He sent full application in September 2010 and his status has already changed to In Process. If your application is in order your status should also have changed. Please inquire.

Dassen.

M

menge8

Dear Ntaye,

Good time for you to travel in sept to canada as the weather is comfortable at this time but So quick for you to travel in sept, may be that's why u are busy packing yourself. Please tell us where are you landing ? You are the only one on this forum to have completed the visa and we happy to hear your landing experience. Hope all will be well with you !

Regards

ntaye said:
Dear All.
I was busy preparing my stiffs to land in Canada early Sept and was tough to think to move permanently.
Dear Mimisha;
Well come to this forum and thank you for your comments.
To check your status online you need a UCI: 87.... or Application: E00... number and just go to the client application status ECAS web here. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas and check the box down and you will get a form and fill it accordingly.
That is how it works.Any problem,let us know with the error message.
Good luck
Natsmi
Natsmi

ntaye

Star Member
Dec 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
Med's Request
May 16,2011
Med's Done....
May 31,2011
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
May 16,2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2,2011
LANDED..........
Dear Mengie8;
Thank you for the compliments.
Don't you think I have to catch the summer?I am so worried about the weather since it is a big issue for the new like us.
It is also difficult to grant a job in Winter(Information from fried) and I think I have to move fast and arrange many things for my family.
I will first be landing in Calgary and then god knows where I might settle.
Any change in your status so far?I am hoping you will be the second in this forum for MR and VISA.
Good luck,
Natsmi

M

menge8

Dear Ntaye,

As for me nothing is changed so far. According to your timeline, I should have gone through 'in process' at this time but our visa office looks slowed down the pace. May be visa officers are in vacation or busy with issuing student visa or the quota for skilled immigration visa is over for this year. God knows, i am worrying much now as it is delayed. I am wondering to write asking the status.

By the way, how did you make your payment order for the visa ? is it cash payment order payable to Canadian embassy in addis ababa ? and my other curious question is where medicals is done in addis ababa ? Just wanted to know in advance.

cheers

ntaye said:
Dear Mengie8;
Thank you for the compliments.
Don't you think I have to catch the summer?I am so worried about the weather since it is a big issue for the new like us.
It is also difficult to grant a job in Winter(Information from fried) and I think I have to move fast and arrange many things for my family.
I will first be landing in Calgary and then god knows where I might settle.
Any change in your status so far?I am hoping you will be the second in this forum for MR and VISA.
Good luck,
Natsmi