+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife visitor visa refused

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
Since she applied to visit you so soon after you started your studies there is likely concern that she isn’t truly planning on visiting she is wanting to relocate to Canada. The fact that she recently studied abroad (due to Covid when there wasn’t a lot of studying abroad her studies would be considered quite recent) and the fact that she did apply and get a German work visa she has shown interest in relocating abroad. Is your degree a postgrad college degree? What is your previous work and education history (brief overview). The postgrad college business degrees tend to be taken by people wanting to settle in Canada so it is somewhat assumed that your wife will want to relocate to Canada. Is that your plan? If so, does she want to come to Cahada permanently?
She did not apply for a German work visa, it was a family visit visa (Tourist visa), and she did not want to relocate, and her study started in June 2016 and completed in January 2019. I have a pharmaceutical company (Family business), and I have a bachelor's in pharmacy (Cyprus), a Master's in pharmacology (united kingdom) and. I study a diploma in Business Management to run my business. I recently finished my bachelor's in 2018 and my master's in 2020. no, I don't want to relocate or live in Canada because all my life, work, and family are there, and she does not want to come to Canada permanently. If that was our plan, we could apply for it together as I am PGWP eligible, and I can bring her over on an open work permit, but no, we don't want to settle in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She did not apply for a German work visa, it was a family visit visa (Tourist visa), and she did not want to relocate, and her study started in June 2016 and completed in January 2019. I have a pharmaceutical company (Family business), and I have a bachelor's in pharmacy (Cyprus), a Master's in pharmacology (united kingdom) and. I study a diploma in Business Management to run my business. I recently finished my bachelor's in 2018 and my master's in 2020. no, I don't want to relocate or live in Canada because all my life, work, and family are there, and she does not want to come to Canada permanently. If that was our plan, we could apply for it together as I am PGWP eligible, and I can bring her over on an open work permit, but no, we don't want to settle in Canada
What country are you from? A college degree in business is an unusual choice to run a business and should be offered in most countries. If you were studying for an MBA then that is much more common for those wanting run a pharmaceutical company. Think timing is one of your biggest issues. Applying so soon after arriving likely created concerns that your wife wants to relocate to Canada. Did your wife live with you in the UK when you did your masters? If she didn’t that could provide proof of a history of living apart while studying for 2 years. Your choice of degree also isn’t helping your case. It is very unusual for someone to do a postgrad in business from a college if they want to be the CEO of a pharmaceutical company. An MBA would be more believable in terms of a degree you are studying abroad so that you can return to your home country and run your pharmaceutical business. In terms of prestige and level of difficulty your masters would be considered more advanced than your diploma in business. There are likely doubts that you actually plan on returning to your home country because you sought out a postgrad diploma in business in Canada especially after doing a masters. Are there no colleges or universities in your home country? Do they not offer a business program?

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
I am from Iraq
And I don’t think it is a standard to study MBA to be able to run your business!! and your right this program is offered in multiple countries but I choose Canada because the program as it is affordable, and it is an English-speaking country. No my wife did not live with me in UK and my master in UK was one year program

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
What country are you from? A college degree in business is an unusual choice to run a business and should be offered in most countries. If you were studying for an MBA then that is much more common for those wanting run a pharmaceutical company. Think timing is one of your biggest issues. Applying so soon after arriving likely created concerns that your wife wants to relocate to Canada. Did your wife live with you in the UK when you did your masters? If she didn’t that could provide proof of a history of living apart while studying for 2 years. Your choice of degree also isn’t helping your case. It is very unusual for someone to do a postgrad in business from a college if they want to be the CEO of a pharmaceutical company. An MBA would be more believable in terms of a degree you are studying abroad so that you can return to your home country and run your pharmaceutical business. In terms of prestige and level of difficulty your masters would be considered more advanced than your diploma in business. There are likely doubts that you actually plan on returning to your home country because you sought out a postgrad diploma in business in Canada especially after doing a masters. Are there no colleges or universities in your home country? Do they not offer a business program?
What do you suggest to do to fix that and what is the best way to fix those mistakes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you suggest to do to fix that and what is the best way to fix those mistakes?
Did your wife live with you when you studied in the UK? I would suggest waiting a while before reapplying. When you reapply I would suggest you reapply to visit during a specific time maybe an anniversary, when you are on a break from your studies, etc. I would have a detailed itinerary although a realistic one it doesn’t need to involve traveling throughout the whole country. You need to include proof that she (and you) are planning on making a life in your home country. For example is there a succession plan for you to take over the family business? Does she have longterm plans for example for the physiotherapy clinic she owns, etc. Would explain why you both have had to study abroad although you plan on returning to your home country. Is she caring for any family member in your home country? If there is proof of needing to care for a family member that can be a reason she needs to return home although you would need to mention how it is possible for her to travel. You can mention a visiting schedule during your studies in Canada. If you did something similar while you studied in theUK that would be helpful.

Reactions: mariwan86

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
Did your wife live with you when you studied in the UK? I would suggest waiting a while before reapplying. When you reapply I would suggest you reapply to visit during a specific time maybe an anniversary, when you are on a break from your studies, etc. I would have a detailed itinerary although a realistic one it doesn’t need to involve traveling throughout the whole country. You need to include proof that she (and you) are planning on making a life in your home country. For example is there a succession plan for you to take over the family business? Does she have longterm plans for example for the physiotherapy clinic she owns, etc. Would explain why you both have had to study abroad although you plan on returning to your home country. Is she caring for any family member in your home country? If there is proof of needing to care for a family member that can be a reason she needs to return home although you would need to mention how it is possible for her to travel. You can mention a visiting schedule during your studies in Canada. If you did something similar while you studied in theUK that would be helpful.
No she stayed because my program was only one year she did not come with me to live in UK.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No she stayed because my program was only one year she did not come with me to live in UK.
Would highlight this in your application. I believe spouses are able to join international students in the UK. The fact that your wife did not join you in previous studies provides a history of you not living together while you studied. Did she visit you during that time?

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
No she did not, as I said it was only one year and I went back home two times during 11 months of my study and when I was in the middle of my course lockdown happened in UK

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
guys today I had my wife's (GCMS Information Request: Application) back and to be honest, I cant understand anything, any one can help me with this?

thefallenstar

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Melbourne, Australia
NOC Code......
guys today I had my wife's (GCMS Information Request: Application) back and to be honest, I cant understand anything, any one can help me with this?
I applied through gcmsapply.com, simple and straight forward details only required (UCI no, Application No and few personal information, nothing to upload also). Paid only $6 and received in 25 days this earlier it took 35 days.

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
I applied through gcmsapply.com, simple and straight forward details only required (UCI no, Application No and few personal information, nothing to upload also). Paid only $6 and received in 25 days this earlier it took 35 days.
Thank you, but I do not mean how to apply, I already applied and got the notes back, but I do not know what to do with them and how to use them to help with the new application or if it is a good idea to appeal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you, but I do not mean how to apply, I already applied and got the notes back, but I do not know what to do with them and how to use them to help with the new application or if it is a good idea to appeal.
Can you please post the detailed reason for refusal without any detailed information so we can try and help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I ordered the notes once, a few years ago, when my wife's TRV was refused for first time (third refusal arrived recently). I received about 50 pages of garbage. But, the word on this forum is that, deep within the notes, you will find buried, a wealth of information and detail as to the VO's thinking on the matter, not revealed in the form letter refusal. If you read here as much as I have, you will find many, like me, who have found the notes to be a complete waste of time. In our case, all that was set out in the notes as to reasons was word for word what was set out in the letter. Nothing more.

Of course, having been assured through reading here that the notes must contain SOME nuggets of information, I thought I was simply failing to see that which was there to be seen. Although a lawyer myself, I am not an immigration lawyer. I reckoned maybe immigration lawyers are given some divine power to see in the notes that which eluded me. So, I paid an immigration lawyer to subject the notes to microscopic scrutiny. Alas, she found nothing. She agreed that the notes contained not a scintilla of information not set out in the refusal letter.
Most GCMS notes have more detailed information about grounds for refusal/concerns.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Spammer. Advice is not to be trusted. Poster has been reported to the moderator.