+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of province after PNP

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

I have received the OINP Nomination under Masters Stream and submitted my file in Non express PR Portal on 22JUL2024, Can I move to the different province and still get the PR?
No , if you move your nomination will be revoked and PR application will be refused.

Akshay999

Aug 3, 2023
I recently arrived in Canada on a Alberta Pnp-PR visa and have been living in Calgary for five months. Despite applying for numerous jobs, I haven't received any responses, but I was fortunate enough to receive a remote job offer from a Toronto-based employer. Since I am also working part-time in Calgary for two days a week, I plan to remain in Alberta in the future. Is it acceptable to accept this remote job offer, or could it pose any issues when I apply for citizenship?

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
I recently arrived in Canada on a Alberta Pnp-PR visa and have been living in Calgary for five months. Despite applying for numerous jobs, I haven't received any responses, but I was fortunate enough to receive a remote job offer from a Toronto-based employer. Since I am also working part-time in Calgary for two days a week, I plan to remain in Alberta in the future. Is it acceptable to accept this remote job offer, or could it pose any issues when I apply for citizenship?
go ahead and accept it. You ae not planning to leave Alberta. the job can be good experience for you to get a job in alberta. i would advise to not stop trying to look for work there.

Gurghum

Aug 26, 2024
Hello there,

I would like your opinions backed by experiences if possible on my situation. I landed in Edm Alberta in 2019 studied there for 2 years, got a job in my field of study in an Alberta rural city in the far north close to Alberta/BC border. I worked there for a year after which I got my PNP approved through Alberta Opportunity Stream which is for people who have studied and have work experience in their field in AB. After which I also applied for my PR and got it approved ( I worked in that job through the process for almost 1.5 years now). After 6 months being a PR I was offered a better role (not better salary per say) but better overall role with responsibilities for my growth in the same group of companies that I work for. But for this role I would have to relocate to a city an hour away from where I currently lived and that city happened to be in rural north BC. I moved there and have been there ever since. I am approaching the time to apply for citizenship is there any issues I can encounter? I do not remember signing any stay obligation with AB govt through pnp only intention, which was already explained due to me being there for almost 4 years before this.

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hello there,

I would like your opinions backed by experiences if possible on my situation. I landed in Edm Alberta in 2019 studied there for 2 years, got a job in my field of study in an Alberta rural city in the far north close to Alberta/BC border. I worked there for a year after which I got my PNP approved through Alberta Opportunity Stream which is for people who have studied and have work experience in their field in AB. After which I also applied for my PR and got it approved ( I worked in that job through the process for almost 1.5 years now). After 6 months being a PR I was offered a better role (not better salary per say) but better overall role with responsibilities for my growth in the same group of companies that I work for. But for this role I would have to relocate to a city an hour away from where I currently lived and that city happened to be in rural north BC. I moved there and have been there ever since. I am approaching the time to apply for citizenship is there any issues I can encounter? I do not remember signing any stay obligation with AB govt through pnp only intention, which was already explained due to me being there for almost 4 years before this.
Well you have already moved. What do you plan to do? move back to alberta if you learn that it might cause any issues. At this point just take your chances when you apply for citizenship and see what happens.

Kikoboi

Jul 21, 2019
Hello,

I think am in a somewhat similar case to some of you and I would like to know your thoughts. I obtained my PR in January of this year through PNP Express Entry Stream (Student pathway) which I applied for right after I graduated on a 2-year diploma program here in New Brunswick. I have a good job with similar salary that I had when I was working in the Middle East a CAD Technician/Drafter. Lately however, I am thinking of moving to AB or BC due to a few factors/reasons such as better opportunities in those province, getting depressed in this province as I have been living in busy/bigger cities all my life, and I have been wanting to change career that studying and doing part time job could be way better if I am in bigger cities. Here in New Brunswick I find it a bit difficult to work and study unless you are ok with meager jobs for part time and then studying. Cities here in NB are still smaller compare to bigger cities in other provinces I mentioned so opportunities as you may know are very limited and competition is really high even for menial jobs. So I wonder if moving out of NB could be an issue in the future (e.g. PR renewal/applying for citizenship). I'm planning to inform IRCC of my plans but this might be a wrong move. I've heard that those who landed in Canada with PR but under Provincial Nominations did not stay even for a year in the province where they got nominated are the ones usually facing challenges in the future but not the students who already stayed in the province and obtained their PR through nominations.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

I think am in a somewhat similar case to some of you and I would like to know your thoughts. I obtained my PR in January of this year through PNP Express Entry Stream (Student pathway) which I applied for right after I graduated on a 2-year diploma program here in New Brunswick. I have a good job with similar salary that I had when I was working in the Middle East a CAD Technician/Drafter. Lately however, I am thinking of moving to AB or BC due to a few factors/reasons such as better opportunities in those province, getting depressed in this province as I have been living in busy/bigger cities all my life, and I have been wanting to change career that studying and doing part time job could be way better if I am in bigger cities. Here in New Brunswick I find it a bit difficult to work and study unless you are ok with meager jobs for part time and then studying. Cities here in NB are still smaller compare to bigger cities in other provinces I mentioned so opportunities as you may know are very limited and competition is really high even for menial jobs. So I wonder if moving out of NB could be an issue in the future (e.g. PR renewal/applying for citizenship). I'm planning to inform IRCC of my plans but this might be a wrong move. I've heard that those who landed in Canada with PR but under Provincial Nominations did not stay even for a year in the province where they got nominated are the ones usually facing challenges in the future but not the students who already stayed in the province and obtained their PR through nominations.
No , as a PR , you can move anywhere in Canada. It won’t have any impact in future on anything specially on your citizenship.

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
We are in Charlottetown, PEI and my wife got a job here through which we got our PNP and then PR. Now the employer has told us that she won’t be having the job. So, can we move to another province. Thanks in advance!

Kodi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are in Charlottetown, PEI and my wife got a job here through which we got our PNP and then PR. Now the employer has told us that she won’t be having the job. So, can we move to another province. Thanks in advance!

Kodi
Yes