ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
Hello, i just received request for aditional document, they ask for me to submit colored scan for all my passport pages and translation of visa's ,stamps... , after reviewing my file i noticed i did not declare two of my travels ( i don't know how this happened) but i still meet the 1095 treshold , i have some questions:

1-Do all applicants needs to submit scan of their passport or just biometric page and later agent will determine if scan is necessary ?

2-How it is possible to translate all stamps? i have many stamps in many languages, should i go to 10 diffrent translators ?

3-I'm thinking to withdraw my application and submit again, due to the fact that i did not delare all my travels it might raise question on why i failed to declare on time , is that right thing to do ?

Thank you

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hello, i just received request for aditional document, they ask for me to submit colored scan for all my passport pages and translation of visa's ,stamps... , after reviewing my file i noticed i did not declare two of my travels ( i don't know how this happened) but i still meet the 1095 treshold , i have some questions:

1-Do all applicants needs to submit scan of their passport or just biometric page and later agent will determine if scan is necessary ?

2-How it is possible to translate all stamps? i have many stamps in many languages, should i go to 10 diffrent translators ?

3-I'm thinking to withdraw my application and submit again, due to the fact that i did not delare all my travels it might raise question on why i failed to declare on time , is that right thing to do ?
When the applicant fails to accurately or completely report travel history, the big issue is whether or not the applicant still meets the physical presence requirements after corrections are made. You state you still met the 1095 days credit threshold to qualify for a grant of citizenship, after correcting your travel history, so this application is still viable, assuming of course that you meet all the other requirements.

The next big question is to what extent the discrepancy between what was submitted and what was in error raises questions about the applicant's credibility, the extent to which the applicant can be relied on to be an accurate reporter of the facts. In this, whether the omissions are apparently due to error, or appear to be misrepresentation, can loom large. Hard to judge this, other than realizing that IRCC is well aware that citizenship applicants make mistakes.

Whether or not to withdraw the application and re-apply, given that you meet the presence requirement (if short, there is no doubt, the best approach is to withdraw and re-apply), is a more personal and, depending on the circumstances, potentially difficult decision. That said, if you are considering withdrawing, it would be a good idea to respond to the request, acknowledge the mistakes made, provide an updated and FULLY corrected physical presence calculation, and passport stamp translations, BEFORE withdrawing.

Key factor in your decision making is the scope of the errors and omissions made, including the impact on the physical presence total credit. Others have reported NO problems despite making mistakes of three weeks or more WHEN they applied with a good margin over the minimum, enough to still have a good margin over the minimum after correction for omissions.

But, basically, if other than a minor mistake, or two, the application is solid, and there is no reason to apprehend that IRCC might have serious credibility concerns, should be OK to stick with the current application. That said, mistakes, no matter how innocent, compromise a person's credibility at least to the extent it indicates the applicant is not an entirely reliable reporter of facts. In contrast, if evasion or deception are suspected, that can severely undermine the case. And, it warrants noting, it is to help quash any concerns about this that makes following through and fully responding to the request a good idea.

In this latter regard, there can be a big difference in how things go after withdrawing and re-applying. Many times this will result in the second application easily sailing through the process, largely due to the combination of the first and second application amply shows the PR meets the requirements. But if IRCC has substantial credibility concerns based on the first application, that could lead to elevated scrutiny of the second application and non-routine processing potentially involving lengthy delays in the processing timeline.

SO . . .

Not all applicants will need to submit copy of all passport pages. Many will.

Well, anything that is in a known language and is legible can be translated. How many different translators might be needed will of course depend on the actual languages in the passport stamps. Probably best to search for a reputable translator with significant experience in providing translations to IRCC and in addition to using their services to the extent they can translate what you have, consult with them about how to approach this with the other stamps that they cannot translate.

Again, as long as after FULLY correcting the travel history, you clearly still meet the presence requirement, this is a personal decision . . . as I discuss above.

Reactions: medkarim

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
When the applicant fails to accurately or completely report travel history, the big issue is whether or not the applicant still meets the physical presence requirements after corrections are made. You state you still met the 1095 days credit threshold to qualify for a grant of citizenship, after correcting your travel history, so this application is still viable, assuming of course that you meet all the other requirements.

The next big question is to what extent the discrepancy between what was submitted and what was in error raises questions about the applicant's credibility, the extent to which the applicant can be relied on to be an accurate reporter of the facts. In this, whether the omissions are apparently due to error, or appear to be misrepresentation, can loom large. Hard to judge this, other than realizing that IRCC is well aware that citizenship applicants make mistakes.

Whether or not to withdraw the application and re-apply, given that you meet the presence requirement (if short, there is no doubt, the best approach is to withdraw and re-apply), is a more personal and, depending on the circumstances, potentially difficult decision. That said, if you are considering withdrawing, it would be a good idea to respond to the request, acknowledge the mistakes made, provide an updated and FULLY corrected physical presence calculation, and passport stamp translations, BEFORE withdrawing.

Key factor in your decision making is the scope of the errors and omissions made, including the impact on the physical presence total credit. Others have reported NO problems despite making mistakes of three weeks or more WHEN they applied with a good margin over the minimum, enough to still have a good margin over the minimum after correction for omissions.

But, basically, if other than a minor mistake, or two, the application is solid, and there is no reason to apprehend that IRCC might have serious credibility concerns, should be OK to stick with the current application. That said, mistakes, no matter how innocent, compromise a person's credibility at least to the extent it indicates the applicant is not an entirely reliable reporter of facts. In contrast, if evasion or deception are suspected, that can severely undermine the case. And, it warrants noting, it is to help quash any concerns about this that makes following through and fully responding to the request a good idea.

In this latter regard, there can be a big difference in how things go after withdrawing and re-applying. Many times this will result in the second application easily sailing through the process, largely due to the combination of the first and second application amply shows the PR meets the requirements. But if IRCC has substantial credibility concerns based on the first application, that could lead to elevated scrutiny of the second application and non-routine processing potentially involving lengthy delays in the processing timeline.

SO . . .

Not all applicants will need to submit copy of all passport pages. Many will.

Well, anything that is in a known language and is legible can be translated. How many different translators might be needed will of course depend on the actual languages in the passport stamps. Probably best to search for a reputable translator with significant experience in providing translations to IRCC and in addition to using their services to the extent they can translate what you have, consult with them about how to approach this with the other stamps that they cannot translate.

Again, as long as after FULLY correcting the travel history, you clearly still meet the presence requirement, this is a personal decision . . . as I discuss above.
Thank you so much, i really appreciate it , this will help me

Yvr2022

Feb 21, 2022

Thank you
I also had to submit every page of my passport along with the foreign stamps. I travelled extensively and had a lot of foreign stamps. All I did was scanned the pages that had stamps and pages that needed to be translated and I sent them to a certified government approved translation agency. The agency I used is Igor Isaev Translation.

Reactions: medkarim

mrabet41

Jul 16, 2024
Is it possible to apply for citizenship with passport renewed 2 years ago ?
I renewed my passport 2 years ago, and I did not keep the old passport. Note that I have been in Canada since 2017. Can I start the process only with the current passport ? I wonder if it will have any impact since the citizenship process requires at least 5 years of travel history ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Is it possible to apply for citizenship with passport renewed 2 years ago ?
I renewed my passport 2 years ago, and I did not keep the old passport. Note that I have been in Canada since 2017. Can I start the process only with the current passport ? I wonder if it will have any impact since the citizenship process requires at least 5 years of travel history ?
Do you have scan copies of old passport?

mrabet41

Jul 16, 2024
Do you have scan copies of old passport?
only the first page of the old passport (bio page with photo), do you think it's not enough ? I am afraid if it will impact the process. I have been in Canada since 2017 .

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
only the first page of the old passport (bio page with photo), do you think it's not enough ? I am afraid if it will impact the process. I have been in Canada since 2017 .
In some cases they are interested in the stamps on the passport to validate it with the entry and exit records. You can attach whatever you have and then mention about your old passport situation in letter of explanation and attach it with your application.

mrabet41

Jul 16, 2024
In some cases they are interested in the stamps on the passport to validate it with the entry and exit records. You can attach whatever you have and then mention about your old passport situation in letter of explanation and attach it with your application.
yes I will request ATIP for my travel records and include them the application along a letter of explanation document.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
yes I will request ATIP for my travel records and include them the application along a letter of explanation document.
Don't do that.
IRCC explicitly ask applicants to not request the travel records for the citizenship application. They will ask for those themselves after all.
If you wanna do so because you have some doubts regarding your own recording of the exits/entries, yeah why not, but keep it to yourself, and as I said in the other thread you created, apply with a very good buffer and a precise accounting of your days.

mrabet41

Jul 16, 2024
Don't do that.
IRCC explicitly ask applicants to not request the travel records for the citizenship application. They will ask for those themselves after all.
If you wanna do so because you have some doubts regarding your own recording of the exits/entries, yeah why not, but keep it to yourself, and as I said in the other thread you created, apply with a very good buffer and a precise accounting of your days.
ok thanks :)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I wonder if having 2 full time job at the same will cause any issue during the background check process for citizenship application ? because I read somewhere that is completely legal to have two jobs at the same time with PR status. can someone confirm please ?
IRCC do not care if you have multiple jobs. full time or not.