File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
It also mentions OB570 elsewhere so not sure.
This post suggests it is just shorthand for the procedure they use to decide which visa office. I missed my secondary education off my Schedule A and they asked me to resubmit with it included, so presume they just mean they were waiting to decide where to route based on my complete Schedule A (suggests the triage criteria for OB570 looks at that in part then). They eventually decided Mississauga, which I am still pleased about despite the lack of movement!

Apr 27, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-04-2018
File Transfer...
09-05-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-05-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Got my GCMS notes, they tell me very little other than:

Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: not started
Medical: passed
Info sharing: complete

Only thing clearly written by an actual visa officer was this:

Just out of curiosity, what type of evidence did you provide for your intent to return to Canada?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Got my GCMS notes, they tell me very little other than:

Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: not started
Medical: passed
Info sharing: complete

Only thing clearly written by an actual visa officer was this:

Hi there,
With respect, I think you applied for GCMS note at a really early stage.
It’s best to apply for GCMS note once the process of the application has taken more than 12 month.

Good luck

Last edited:

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Hi there,
With respect, I think you applied for GCMS note at a really early stage.
It’s best to apply for GCMS note once the process of the application has takeken more than 12 month.

Good luck
Yes, I guess I did. I saw others with similar timelines doing it and thought it couldn't hurt, so let my curiousity get the better of me. $5 to let myself know that indeed, nothing was happening and also nothing was wrong!

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Yes, I guess I did. I saw others with similar timelines doing it and thought it couldn't hurt, so let my curiousity get the better of me. $5 to let myself know that indeed, nothing was happening and also nothing was wrong!
You are absolutely right and I understand.
Hope things go smoothly with your application.

Good luck

Regards

Revenant:)

Reactions: ursus

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Just out of curiosity, what type of evidence did you provide for your intent to return to Canada?
My partner wrote a letter explaining why she wanted to move back - family ties, it's her home, she wants to spend the rest of her 20s with her friends that she moved away from, she can't afford to study in the UK and wants to study back home where it is free, but also primarily because she only intended to be over here for a year or so and then she made the mistake of meeting me :D. Her (Canadian) parents are retired in the UK so that's why she was over.

We also provided letters from both sets of parents stating that we wanted to settle in Canada. She also has savings in Canada that she has not sent over here, so that was evidence.

Oh, and her ancestral working visa that she ended up staying here on expires in about a year.

I think that was about it. Fingers crossed it's enough, though we have more letters and planning we could submit now if asked for more. She reeeeally hates it here in London - if only it was possible to get that across in official documentation!!

Reactions: anxiously.waiting

obt

Apr 26, 2018
I have a question - not sure if people here will have the answer, but just in case.

We got our PPR letter, asking us to submit photocopy of passport and two new pictures to Paris. The only thing is that PA is currently visiting me in Canada for a few months... I believe I've seen somewhere that people have received information saying that if they are currently in Canada they can submit their passport information to Ottawa, but there was nothing to that effect in our letter. As well, there is nowhere to provide the address you would like it shipped to, and nothing about a pre-paid envelope (which I've seen some people reference - maybe just Americans?). I would really prefer to have the CoPR sent to my address in Canada so we can have him land as soon as possible.

Anyone have any thoughts? I will try giving IRCC a call but then I also don't feel very comfortable spending most of my morning at work waiting on hold...

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
I have a question - not sure if people here will have the answer, but just in case.

We got our PPR letter, asking us to submit photocopy of passport and two new pictures to Paris. The only thing is that PA is currently visiting me in Canada for a few months... I believe I've seen somewhere that people have received information saying that if they are currently in Canada they can submit their passport information to Ottawa, but there was nothing to that effect in our letter. As well, there is nowhere to provide the address you would like it shipped to, and nothing about a pre-paid envelope (which I've seen some people reference - maybe just Americans?). I would really prefer to have the CoPR sent to my address in Canada so we can have him land as soon as possible.

Anyone have any thoughts? I will try giving IRCC a call but then I also don't feel very comfortable spending most of my morning at work waiting on hold...
On the address front, I think it is sent to the correspondence address listed on the application - the one on the PA's ecas, top left when you are logged in. There's an option to contact them to change it there, too.

obt

Apr 26, 2018
On the address front, I think it is sent to the correspondence address listed on the application - the one on the PA's ecas, top left when you are logged in. There's an option to contact them to change it there, too.
Thank you. I'm wondering if it is better to just go ahead and send it to Paris anyways and just have a friend send it to us in Canada... I'm so scared of confusing things or causing delays!

Reactions: ursus

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Indeed it does...

Also saw your other post about the callcentre. Try again with a different agent. I've spoken to a few and some were helpful; others weren't. I had one really go into detail about every aspect of the application to make sure all was good. It really depends on the agent.

It also helps how you phrase the questions. I don't just ask what the status is, but I try to be more specific and say things like, I haven't heard anything in a while, would it be possible that you're still waiting for a document from me? -or- I received a letter saying my application would be processed in Mississauga; is this still the case?
So I finally got to talk with a decent agent (two hours process) but it was worth it, kind of. She checked our file and said that everything is in order, it is in Mississauga, they initially assessed genuine relationship (apparently it s a two step process, preliminary before bgc and in depth after) and started background checks that are ongoing. Nothing is out of the ordinary, they don't need anything, we just need to wait.

Now with all due respect and happiness for people who got PPR in two months, why the f**k they don't clear the backlog instead than going forward with later on applications???

Reactions: ursus and evdm

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
So I finally got to talk with a decent agent (two hours process) but it was worth it, kind of. She checked our file and said that everything is in order, it is in Mississauga, they initially assessed genuine relationship (apparently it s a two step process, preliminary before bgc and in depth after) and started background checks that are ongoing. Nothing is out of the ordinary, they don't need anything, we just need to wait.

Now with all due respect and happiness for people who got PPR in two months, why the f**k they don't clear the backlog instead than going forward with later on applications???
Glad you could get some more specific information!

ajmcanada

Apr 23, 2018
Hi, I am posting this here as well as in the December applicants because I am at a loss of what to do. We are also being processed at CPC-Mississauga. Any help anyone can give is much appreciated.

I have posted on this forum before about our problems with the medical. We began the process in March. The panel physician here is frankly incompetent and so are his staff. They sat on our medical results for 3 weeks before submitting to Canada despite us receiving a final notice warning that they were due.

Today, after submitting the other day (finally), the test results which were x rays 3 months apart and 3 consecutive sputum spears, Canada has come back and said they won't accept the sputum smears/cultures and that we must do another x ray in September to prove 6 months no change. I have no faith in this doctor here, he is incompetent, his staff don't return our calls or messages, it disgusts me as they're playing with our lives.

I am pregnant unexpectedly (I am my husband's sponsor, he is the primary applicant) and need to move back to Canada to get my OHIP coverage for the birth of the baby. Can my husband come with me under dual intent and finish his medical with a panel physician in Canada? Is it possible to change doctors?

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hi, I am posting this here as well as in the December applicants because I am at a loss of what to do. We are also being processed at CPC-Mississauga. Any help anyone can give is much appreciated.

I have posted on this forum before about our problems with the medical. We began the process in March. The panel physician here is frankly incompetent and so are his staff. They sat on our medical results for 3 weeks before submitting to Canada despite us receiving a final notice warning that they were due.

Today, after submitting the other day (finally), the test results which were x rays 3 months apart and 3 consecutive sputum spears, Canada has come back and said they won't accept the sputum smears/cultures and that we must do another x ray in September to prove 6 months no change. I have no faith in this doctor here, he is incompetent, his staff don't return our calls or messages, it disgusts me as they're playing with our lives.

I am pregnant unexpectedly (I am my husband's sponsor, he is the primary applicant) and need to move back to Canada to get my OHIP coverage for the birth of the baby. Can my husband come with me under dual intent and finish his medical with a panel physician in Canada? Is it possible to change doctors?
You can get the testing done at any CIC panel physician, including Canada. I don't think you're obligated to stay with one provider. The only question would be whether your husband would have any difficulty getting into the country, but as he's American I don't see any issue. I can't see any problem with you selecting a different panel physician if you feel uncomfortable with the one you've been dealing with. If someone else here has more info on this, hopefully they will add on.

Reactions: ajmcanada

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018

What mrs_december said sounds good and I'd also consider making a complaint to IRCC about them once you're clear of that panel physician as if they're doing this to you they'll be doing it to others, and being one of their approved physicians seems to have huge financial benefits for them so they should be doing a perfect job for the amount you have to pay them. Understand that isn't your top priority here though. Good luck with the baby!

Reactions: ajmcanada