+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I just heard back from the MP office

I spoke to IRCC regarding your citizenship applications. The advised that they are conducting additional verifications at this time, hence the delay.”

This confirms LPP completed doesn’t really mean anything.

I guess there’s nothing else left for me to do other than wait.

jsbach

Apr 10, 2024
I just heard back from the MP office

I spoke to IRCC regarding your citizenship applications. The advised that they are conducting additional verifications at this time, hence the delay.”

This confirms LPP completed doesn’t really mean anything.

I guess there’s nothing else left for me to do other than wait.
OMG... I feel hopeless..

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Me too :( This wasn’t the response I expected and that makes me sad. Going forward I will check the tracker only weekly and try not to stress too much about it.
That’s unexpected and frustrating. I don’t know what to say. I hate uncertain situations. Sorry to hear that.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
That’s unexpected and frustrating. I don’t know what to say. I hate uncertain situations. Sorry to hear that.
Yeah I’m disappointed because in all my time in Canada I’ve always followed ALL the IRCC rules when I was with both study and work permit, I’ve always paid my taxes, I don’t have any criminal record and now they still have to verify stuff after my LPP is completed?!

Thank you for the support though. I really hope you’re GU wasn’t a fluke and your oath invitation is around the corner.

Reactions: billsnjays416

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Yeah I’m disappointed because in all my time in Canada I’ve always followed ALL the IRCC rules when I was with both study and work permit, I’ve always paid my taxes, I don’t have any criminal record and now they still have to verify stuff after my LPP is completed?!

Thank you for the support though. I really hope you’re GU wasn’t a fluke and your oath invitation is around the corner.
Same here. Tried to do everything right but no idea what’s going on. I believe it was a fluke. It’s been 11 days what kind of GU is that I didn’t get any actual updates. They just playing with us

• Sad
Reactions: Debby25

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
I had GU on may 10 but no luck. That’s quite insteresting
I know.. IRCC has the most random queue to process applications, specifically Mississauga. While we see other offices like Niagara promptly give oath, it is extremely frustrating to be left behind.

No harm in trying to email the scheduling office as it has definitely helped mine and few other people I know in moving to the next steps. Do what makes you feel at ease.

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I know.. IRCC has the most random queue to process applications, specifically Mississauga. While we see other offices like Niagara promptly give oath, it is extremely frustrating to be left behind.

No harm in trying to email the scheduling office as it has definitely helped mine and few other people I know in moving to the next steps. Do what makes you feel at ease.
To test invitation email right ? What should I put on the subject. Can you help me on that please