+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military letters- notarized?

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
My husband got his
Official document from
The Israeli army that he was released and no longer needs
To serve. Is getting this document professionally translated enough? Do I really need to pay to notarized?

Also- I'm wondering if all photocopies need to be certified?

Thanks! Happy thanksgiving!

FYI- I'm sponsoring him under family class from abroad as I'm Canadian and we live in Israel.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
BeccaShar said:
My husband got his
Official document from
The Israeli army that he was released and no longer needs
To serve. Is getting this document professionally translated enough? Do I really need to pay to notarized?
Translations into French or English must be certified translations. The documents do not need to be certified or notarized.

BeccaShar said:
Also- I'm wondering if all photocopies need to be certified?
Normally that is not the case, no. But the rules are visa office specific, so make sure you review the requirements in the checklist. In my experience the only thing they want are either copies (e.g., marriage certificate) or originals (e.g., police clearance certificate). Translations do need to be certified, however (so it authenticates the party doing the translation)

Good luck, and happy Thanksgiving!

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks...the more I read regarding this, the more confused I get! Thanks for ur advice.
So it seems
Like if I have a professional translator do the translations and then give copies of original documents, it should be okay. I really hope so!! ;)

Michalie

Oct 8, 2012
Hi BeccaSHar

Literally just finished the process of sponsoring my husband from Israel.

Advice: translate everything!, if providing copies notarized everything otherwise provided originals! If u want a smooth and stress free experience!

Your welcome to ask any further question. ;)

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
Hi, Great to hear from you. How was the process? Smooth? How long did it take? I would really love to hear the circumstances.

Are u both in Israel now?

Michalie

Oct 8, 2012
Really can not complain! I am Canadian Citizen meet in Israel and we did outland process (quicker).

So satisfied with the process was smooth and VERY FAST!! Took almost 3 months for my approval (Sponsor) and less than a month for my hubbie :)

I'm also a Paralegal and prepared an immaculate file ;)

Any questions I'd be glad to help!

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
WOW- ONLY 4 MONTHS! that's incredible! I think I gave up a good week of research before I really understood that I have to NOTARIZE everything that's copied. I figured this out due to the COUNTRY SPECIFIC requirements from Israel. Because for me, I'd be fine..but i guess for my husband...they are pretty strict. So, I am estimating that for the translations and notaries, I'm looking at about 800 shekels...I also was surprised that the medical test cost 1000 shekels! I hope to get everything mailed out next week...Did you pay with a bank draft? I didn't understand how the payment works, but I guess the bank will know. I just tell them to pay it in Canadian Dollars to the Receiver General Of Canada.

Are you moving to Toronto? with kids? I'm getting excited at the idea of moving back!

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
oh ....another question. when my husband filled out the Teyoudat Yosher (or the police did), it was sent automatically to Canada. So, I'm assuming that it was in English?

Michalie

Oct 8, 2012
teudat yosher goes directly to the embassy, it will never go through the applicant. you wont see it and yes it's both henbrew and english.

I left Israel and moved back to Canada and started the process from here. SOOOOO much easier as I was already working didnt have to prove our intent to settle in Canada and explain what we would do for work.

Problem is I'm sure you know this EVERYTHING in Israel is a headache!

About the payment again I did this online via visa as this was an option for me (as the Spounser being in Canada).

We don't have any kids as of yet and when we will they will be CANADIAN!!! :)

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
thanks for your quick response. providing proof is a little difficult- since neither of us will have jobs to go to (as we've been here for 13 years). However, I've written a letter and have my friends and family in Toronto also writing on my behalf. I'm including that once we find out a landing visa date, we'll be in touch with a real estate agent...and that we both have lots of connections in toronto, and so on. I hope that should be enough.

Michalie

Oct 8, 2012
Realistically it helps if you guys have a good level of English (which I'm sure you do).

Not sure you wanna answer this question on here, what field r u and your hubbie in? You can send me your email and we can chat some more :)

abde

Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
AOR Received.
and approval 28-11-2012
Interview........
hope not
outland sponsorship

hey guys, i am about to send my application in 2 weeks to CPC-M while living in vancouver and my second stage will be processed in west Africa Senegal Dakar.
i am really excited and nerveous because i don't know if i included all the supporting documents but i think i do but would like to hear from other ppl what they sent as supporting document beside proof of joint bank acct pictures, calls histories. i would really appreciate it.
one last question should i do a criminal check in canada also?

Michalie

Oct 8, 2012
BeccaShar I got received you private message but I can't reply!!???!!? No reply button??

Anyways send me your email I'm glad to help and/or advise :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Michalie said:
BeccaShar I got received you private message but I can't reply!!???!!? No reply button??

Anyways send me your email I'm glad to help and/or advise :)
Site functionality is restricted for people with fewer than 10 posts.