CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Chrillan said:
Yes it looks like we are in the same situation. It's good to have company and yes I think you are right, lets stay positive - yesterday was a hard day but today was great - seeing these PPR's makes me happy for everyone... ours will come. :)
By the way, does your "application received" show that they have received your Medicals? That just goes to prove it's only the updating of the Ecas that is behind because my status "application received" doesn't show they received my husbands medicals but they have emailed me (on September 25th) and told me they have it with his file... ;D
For the newer members here...

This comment highlights the fact that unfortunately ECAS is not a reliable method to track the progress of your application... also, in tinyaries' case, as an example, she now has her PPR which indicates a Decision Made (DM) but ECAS still doesn't reflect that. My guess is it'll change by the time they get the passport back with visa and COPR.

The best proof of how your application may be progressing is the direct email communication from the VO and GMCS notes. After AOR2 no communication is likely a good sign. It means everything is moving along and they aren't looking for additional info. It's just normally going through the various stages of Eligibility review, Medicals review, Security and Criminality checks.

These latest 4 PPRs are a good indication of a normal timeline for what CIC considers a "routine" application... 8-9 months from application rec'd to PPR...very straightforward, applicant and spouse roughly the same age, no children?, lots of good evidence of relationship, a well prepared, detailed application, no additional documentation required, no medical issues, no criminal or security issues, etc.

In my own case, our application is likely, at least now, non-routine. We have a large age difference which makes passing eligibility more difficult (though I do think we are now beyond that). In hindsight, in light of the fact that they asked us for more documentation, we didn't complete Schedule A question 8 (Activity) in sufficient detail. They wanted more information about the timeframes of a long motorcycle trip we took (10 months) to ensure my wife had not been in any one country for more than 6 months which would have required a criminal record check from that country. We HAD provided a photocopy of every page of our passports so they could see the dates we entered/exited the various countries, but that apparently was not good enough. We also obviously didn't provide them with enough evidence of MY intent to re-establish back in Canada. In our minds it was clear that we were/are truly going to re-establish, but we didn't make it clear enough for the officer, thus the request for more proof.

So, we are now, as of today, exactly 10 months into the process, with people who applied more than 2 months after us already receiving PPRs. And understandably so, they probably had more complete and routine applications. And we are very happy for them! I expect we could be another 2 or 3 months yet... as every document request results in further delay of processing as they put a new BFD (bring forward date) on the application. I suspect they are doing criminality and security checks now. the GMCS notes should reveal that in a few weeks.

We'll see how it all works out! ???

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
CANzanillo said:

This comment highlights the fact that unfortunately ECAS is not a reliable method to track the progress of your application... also, in tinyaries' case, as an example, she now has her PPR which indicates a Decision Made (DM) but ECAS still doesn't reflect that. My guess is it'll change by the time they get the passport back with visa and COPR.

The best proof of how your application may be progressing is the direct email communication from the VO and GMCS notes. After AOR2 no communication is likely a good sign. It means everything is moving along and they aren't looking for additional info. It's just normally going through the various stages of Eligibility review, Medicals review, Security and Criminality checks.

These latest 4 PPRs are a good indication of a normal timeline for what CIC considers a "routine" application... 8-9 months from application rec'd to PPR...very straightforward, applicant and spouse roughly the same age, no children?, lots of good evidence of relationship, a well prepared, detailed application, no additional documentation required, no medical issues, no criminal or security issues, etc.

In my own case, our application is likely, at least now, non-routine. We have a large age difference which makes passing eligibility more difficult (though I do think we are now beyond that). In hindsight, in light of the fact that they asked us for more documentation, we didn't complete Schedule A question 8 (Activity) in sufficient detail. They wanted more information about the timeframes of a long motorcycle trip we took (10 months) to ensure my wife had not been in any one country for more than 6 months which would have required a criminal record check from that country. We HAD provided a photocopy of every page of our passports so they could see the dates we entered/exited the various countries, but that apparently was not good enough. We also obviously didn't provide them with enough evidence of MY intent to re-establish back in Canada. In our minds it was clear that we were/are truly going to re-establish, but we didn't make it clear enough for the officer, thus the request for more proof.

So, we are now, as of today, exactly 10 months into the process, with people who applied more than 2 months after us already receiving PPRs. And understandably so, they probably had more complete and routine applications. And we are very happy for them! I expect we could be another 2 or 3 months yet... as every document request results in further delay of processing as they put a new BFD (bring forward date) on the application. I suspect they are doing criminality and security checks now. the GMCS notes should reveal that in a few weeks.

Thank you CANzanillo - it is true that all our situations are different but the one thing we do have in common is that we would love to be with our loved ones as soon as possible, and in your case - bring your loved one home. I hope that you have a very kind and understanding processing officer who speeds up the process for you. Thank you for all your help on this forum. :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Chrillan said:
Thank you CANzanillo - it is true that all our situations are different but the one thing we do have in common is that we would love to be with our loved ones as soon as possible, and in your case - bring your loved one home. I hope that you have a very kind and understanding processing officer who speeds up the process for you. Thank you for all your help on this forum. :)
Thank you for your kind comments Chrillan. Those like me who are actually with their spouse, whether in Canada or their country of origin are the lucky ones. Couples who are separated face the desperation of having to wait to be together. I would prefer to wait a month or two extra if that would speed up their applications...

Speedy processing all!!

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Live1001 said:
Hi Tinyaries,

Can you tell me how many days/weeks did it take to go from In Process in your ECAS to decision made. I know the system is very unlikely to be updated. But more importantly whats the date they said they started processing your application for the last stage to when they emailed you PPR? If you don't mind sharing… Thanks in advance :)
Good morning Live1001,

Sure, happy to share my timeline.

My eCas status still shows 'In process' today Nov 20th.

This is how it happened:

Aug 25 - My eCas status changed to 'In process' - In my eCas says, we started processing your application Aug 25 and 85 days later (12 weeks and 1 day) Nov 18 - I got PPR.

We sent a bullet proof application, with hope and faith to believe that it was not going to take 18 months to be finalized.

We are happy to see how people with similar timeline started getting PPR too, and wish everybody gets the golden email really soon.

Sending the passport today, let's see how long it takes to come back.

Best of luck :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
IMPORTANT!!

This website/facebook page is reporting that Canada has now removed the visa requirement for Mexican visitors based on the eTA portal information. See here...

http://demexicoacanada.com

Not sure if it is true, but it may be...

Edit: there appears to be conflicting information on the CIC website as one page still lists Mexico as a 'visa required" country. Trying to get confirmation of this through a couple different sources.

Edit 2: It appears that there may be a problem with the CIC ETA portal as it appears no country requires visa. Also Mexico still appears on the list of visa required countries.

Edit 3: False alarm. The website indeed had a problem and the visa requirement has been restored.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
CANzanillo said:

I truly understand your frustration, you are in my (long time application team) i'm almost sure that in less than 2 months you'll have an answer. If they call you for an interview i think is even better as you'll get the chance of ending everything the very same day with ppr and copr that day like i did.(But let's hope you'll get ppr without the need of an interview)
I'm sure you filled a way better application than me. My app was terribly filled. With lack of relationship proof and all the stuff. As i have been telling we are a very you couple and it didn't help. I don't believe you'll get an answer way longer than 2 more months. Be strong!!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
CANzanillo said:
IMPORTANT!!

This website/facebook page is reporting that Canada has now removed the visa requirement for Mexican visitors based on the eTA portal information. See here...

http://demexicoacanada.com

Not sure if it is true, but it may be...

Edit: there appears to be conflicting information on the CIC website as one page still lists Mexico as a 'visa required" country. Trying to get confirmation of this through a couple different sources.

Edit 2: It appears that there may be a problem with the CIC ETA portal as it appears no country requires visa. Also Mexico still appears on the list of visa required countries.

Edit 3: False alarm. The website indeed had a problem and the visa requirement has been restored.
The problem was that Trudeau had a meeting with Peña and they discussed about the TRV requirement. Many portals' headings were: "Canada to remove Visa requirement for Mexico". I think it was a planned as a click magnet as neither of those two fellows said something like that. Trudeau said that he was going to send a recommendation to re-assess the need for a TRV for Mexicans... that's it. Unfortunately many sites reproduced the information (visa removed) all over the web.

How will this work?

1. Trudeau sends the recommendation.
2. The recommendation is assessed by parliament.
3. If the recommendation is assessed then it is schedule for floor discussion (next period starts next year, so... 6 months?).
4. After deliberations end they will say nay or yay.

What needs to happen for the TRV to be lifted? Basically that the reasons for the implementation have changed for the good. The TRV was impossed because many Mexicans requested "refugee" status due to violence (drugs mainly). So... answer yourself the question... has the situation in Mexico improved to waive the requirement?

What I do think is going to happen (personal opinion, absolutely) is that if you have a valid USA Visa you will be able to use it to enter Canada. IMO this is not bad at all, as the CAN+ helped a lot of travelers but wasn't enough for new travelers.

Live1001

Jun 24, 2015
calyn19 said:
I´M SO HAPPY TOO
WE GOT THE GOLDEN E-MAIL
PPR, :D :D :D
THANK GOD
THEY ASK US SOME QUESTIONS THOUGH.
CONGRATULATION TO the other couples.

BE POSITIVE AND KEEP PRAYING.
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I was wondering what questions did they ask you with your recent email from Mexico VO?

Also did you notice in your ECAS the date they started processing your Application in Mexico (after you received AOR2) to when you received the last amazing email how many days/weeks did it take for them to tell you to send the passport now?
Thanks in advance! I am noticing in my ECAS they opened and processing my file from 10 days ago. But I have not heard anything yet.

Live1001

Jun 24, 2015
Tinyaries said:
Good morning Live1001,

Sure, happy to share my timeline.

My eCas status still shows 'In process' today Nov 20th.

This is how it happened:

Aug 25 - My eCas status changed to 'In process' - In my eCas says, we started processing your application Aug 25 and 85 days later (12 weeks and 1 day) Nov 18 - I got PPR.

We sent a bullet proof application, with hope and faith to believe that it was not going to take 18 months to be finalized.

We are happy to see how people with similar timeline started getting PPR too, and wish everybody gets the golden email really soon.

Sending the passport today, let's see how long it takes to come back.

Best of luck :)
Thanks SO much for your timeline information. I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS btw!!! it's SO exciting!

We also have a bullet proof application I feel. I didn't realize it was gonna take 12 weeks to get that golden email as you call it :)

I noticed your timeline and I sent my application on April 13. I received AOR2 on September 28 and now my file is in process since November 10. Where is your spouse from… If you don't mind me asking?

I know Mexico VO deals with 17 countries and DR being the newest one.
Thanks!!!

calyn19

Sep 28, 2015
Luna21 said:

What is your time line?? Congratulations :)
[/quote

Thank you++my wife´s time line is:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 26, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 21, 2015.
Medical results have been received

they haven´t updated it yet

calyn19

Sep 28, 2015
CANzanillo said:
BOOM!! Well, congratulations Tinyaries and nreilly and calyn19!!

Do your ECAS status say Decision made yet??

Excellent week!

Thank you so much CANzanillo,
I wish you the best with your app.
The ECAS status says "in process"

calyn19

Sep 28, 2015
Live1001 said:
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I was wondering what questions did they ask you with your recent email from Mexico VO?

Also did you notice in your ECAS the date they started processing your Application in Mexico (after you received AOR2) to when you received the last amazing email how many days/weeks did it take for them to tell you to send the passport now?
Thanks in advance! I am noticing in my ECAS they opened and processing my file from 10 days ago. But I have not heard anything yet.
thank you, we are so happy,
they asked my wife these questions in the email: (familiar status changes)
•Have you married?
•Have you lived with a common-law partner for at least 12 months?
•Have you separated or divorced?
•Have you given birth or adopted a child?
•Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
•Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

it says if the answer is yes, she had to notify, if not send the passport and other requirements.

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
So happy for all your PPRs, congratulations again to all!! :D

I'm a little bit worried now as I think our application is also straight forward, same age, never married before, etc but they haven't requested any additional information like most people and didn't get ppr :( I hope everything is fine, I'm scared now they might request an interview or sth :(

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
CANzanillo said:
Thank you for your kind comments Chrillan. Those like me who are actually with their spouse, whether in Canada or their country of origin are the lucky ones. Couples who are separated face the desperation of having to wait to be together. I would prefer to wait a month or two extra if that would speed up their applications...

Speedy processing all!!
Yeah... a little bit of movement... Today (on a FRIDAY) my Ecas finally changed to "Processing" - it did say "since November 17th" - but it's all good.... any movement is GREAT!!!! Happy Weekend Everyone! :D

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Luna21 said:
So happy for all your PPRs, congratulations again to all!! :D

I'm a little bit worried now as I think our application is also straight forward, same age, never married before, etc but they haven't requested any additional information like most people and didn't get ppr :( I hope everything is fine, I'm scared now they might request an interview or sth :(
Don't worry! I'm sure you will get ur ppr very soon!