Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
margarita esperanza said:
Fantastic news!! Hopefully things continue to move along for you!
Thanks! =) I probably won't hear anything for months and tear all my hair out.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Alesinha said:
More than just work, I am sure we will get news really soon!! :D
That would be fabulous!! I hope you all get your PPRs soon.

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Welcome! What's your story? :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! I’m so happy to have found this forum it’s all I’ve been talking about to friends and family since I joined a few days ago. I feel more calm to know there’s a great group out there to help and support others in similar situations thank you all for being here!!

I was married to my husband in Mexico in February and our papers were submitted March 23rd. We had a beautiful wedding in Playa del Carmen with all our close family. We were advised we would only be waiting 30 days so were pretty upset when the reality hit it would be 90 days. But from the sounds of it looks like we should be hearing something any time now. I was also advised step 2 should take 6-8months for Mex. I was really thorough with our application I must have sent in a 10lb box filled with photos, plane tickets, skype chats, msn, facebook, phone cards, wedding cards and everything I could think of… I may have over done it but didn’t want to have any regrets.
I am really excited for all of us to be starting our new lives with the ones we love soon!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Great story! :) Aren't Mexican men wonderful? Are you of Mexican heritage as well? I'm a white girl who thought corn tortillas were awful because I didn't know you were supposed to warm them. Lol. Now I love them! As well as beans and rice. Such a satisfying meal!

You didn't overdo your application. I just saw approval stats for Mexico and its 85%. So no worries - you just have to survive the wait. Will you be separated during the process?

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Great story! :) Aren't Mexican men wonderful? Are you of Mexican heritage as well? I'm a white girl who thought corn tortillas were awful because I didn't know you were supposed to warm them. Lol. Now I love them! As well as beans and rice. Such a satisfying meal!

You didn't overdo your application. I just saw approval stats for Mexico and its 85%. So no worries - you just have to survive the wait. Will you be separated during the process?
Hahaha yess I think you summed it up well! I am from Toronto and was born here and I am SOOO happy to be married to a Mexican man!! He is amazing and I have met some wonderful people from Mexico and they have taught me what it really is to live. My husband has been so positive and calm throughout this process and ive been a complete nut job its too funny how different cultures can be but how great he is at making me feel like everything will be ok and everything is meant to be.. as he says.. the better days are coming!!

But yes I am a pure Canadian who attempts to be as Mexican as possible being in Canada lol. Yes we are separated during the process  I try to fly out and visit him as much as my bank account and my work will allow me which unfortunately is not enough!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Chuladaa said:
Hahaha yess I think you summed it up well! I am from Toronto and was born here and I am SOOO happy to be married to a Mexican man!! He is amazing and I have met some wonderful people from Mexico and they have taught me what it really is to live. My husband has been so positive and calm throughout this process and ive been a complete nut job its too funny how different cultures can be but how great he is at making me feel like everything will be ok and everything is meant to be.. as he says.. the better days are coming!!

But yes I am a pure Canadian who attempts to be as Mexican as possible being in Canada lol. Yes we are separated during the process  I try to fly out and visit him as much as my bank account and my work will allow me which unfortunately is not enough!!
We live in California so at least we are together. My husband is a lot more calm about the process too. But he is a little sad to leave even though I know we will have a better life in Canada.

We have a daughter, we call her our MexiCanadian baby. We even got her a onesie made that says "Made in America with Mexican and Canadian parts." It is fun being a pseudo-Mexican. My last name doesn't match me at all! =)

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
We have a daughter, we call her our MexiCanadian baby. We even got her a onesie made that says "Made in America with Mexican and Canadian parts." It is fun being a pseudo-Mexican. My last name doesn't match me at all! =)
hahahaha lmao i LOVE this!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Chuladaa said:

Is your husband from Quintana Roo? My SO's has lived in Cancun for the past 12 years before coming to Canada..we are currently located just outside Toronto. The great thing about here is that there is a big Mexican Community and a lot of Mexican Specialty Shops :) Have you thought about a visitor visa? My SO is waiting with me here in Canada since being in Mexico wasn't an option for us right now. I love love love being with a Mexican man. He cooks and cleans and opens doors, what a catch :p Mexican culture has also taught me so much about myself and what it means to truly live. :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
My husband also cooks and cleans. Not so great a cook but the cleaning is awesome. I have friends with husbands who refuse to do that stuff. Like it is women's work or something. I'd kick him out!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
mc1234 said:
Is your husband from Quintana Roo? My SO's has lived in Cancun for the past 12 years before coming to Canada..we are currently located just outside Toronto. The great thing about here is that there is a big Mexican Community and a lot of Mexican Specialty Shops :) Have you thought about a visitor visa? My SO is waiting with me here in Canada since being in Mexico wasn't an option for us right now. I love love love being with a Mexican man. He cooks and cleans and opens doors, what a catch :p Mexican culture has also taught me so much about myself and what it means to truly live. :)
lol I remember being smacked on the back of my head a few times by my dad for not opening the door to a lady when I was a young boy.

As a Mexican I'm flattered to read all these comments, of course we do have our fair share of as$holes, but I'm glad you all found nice husbands (It seems I'm the only guy in here LOL)

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
Chuladaa said:

[/quote}
Nice story! Better days arARE coming! It is really interesting how all of us Canadian women are stressing while the Mexicans are relaxed, knowing that "better days are coming". I have discovered through this process that I am not a very patient person and our standards of immediate gratification make it hard to adapt to the flow of life in other places...this is my experience anyway. I was living in Mexico with my husband last year and then went back to Canada to wait out the process but I was so depressed I had to come back to Mexico to get through at least 6 months of the waiting. I am going back to Canada to start a new job at the end of the month but I feel better about it now, knowing that we have the majority of the wait behind us. We actually bought a plane ticket for my husband to go with me since there was a great seat sale, we thought we'd take a chance.... HOPEFULLY the PPR will come in the next few weeks and then we can leave together! Cheers to hoping!! Anyway, I definitely agree that this forum is really supportive and I love knowing there are others who are also going through this, and we can share information and experiences...everything from where to find good tortillas in Toronto to any changes made to the PR process. Thanks everyone!

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
We live in California so at least we are together. My husband is a lot more calm about the process too. But he is a little sad to leave even though I know we will have a better life in Canada.

Yes that’s for sure. Honestly I never knew how fortunate I was to be born in Canada until I met my husband and dealing with things over there however, I am so proud to be part Mexican now as well.. well I feel part Mexican.. Although my Spanish is terrible and I certainly don’t look Mexican but I FEEL it! Haha

That is tooooo cute about the onesie!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing more about your story!!

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
mc1234 said:
Actually my husband is from Mexico City originally but he is in Playa del Carmen now.. I’m just outside of Toronto actually just north of Toronto. Where are the Mexican specialty shops that you know of? Would love to know them.

We wanted to do a visitor visa but we were told it wouldn’t be granted due to the nature of our relationship and were advised it would be best to stay in our countries until the paperwork was processed. Its been tough L

Haha yes he sounds like a catch! I find they are have great family values and culture and they sure LOVE their women! J yay for us marrying a Mexican guy is truly life changing in an amazing way!!!