Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
this is off topic a bit
but in canada can you order a new birth certificate online too ??
i have no idea, because i still have my original from when i was born. ive never had to order a new one.
i just want to know out of curiosity.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
LeisaP said:
haha yeah no problem
his mom got the last one for us. and the more im looking into things. we already sent in the ssp. we just havent done the pgr yet.

once you get your visa issued will cic return the original birth certificate?? i want to get one for us to take to canada, in case they dont return his original.
No they didn´t return anything except pictures and other stuff we sent in as proof of relationship.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Nessa said:
No they didn´t return anything except pictures and other stuff we sent in as proof of relationship.
really? hmm
okay so i am going to look into getting another "original" for us to have than. its probably a good idea. :)

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Argh - that makes it unclear if 6 months was 6 months or still means issued this year. Alas, I would call them and ask, LeisaP before going (or just get a new one)
I can´t be sure, but I don´t think he was referring to 6 months because it was May. Because he told my husband this when he was asking a bunch of questions in general about the PGR process.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nessa said:
I can´t be sure, but I don´t think he was referring to 6 months because it was May. Because he told my husband this when he was asking a bunch of questions in general about the PGR process.
I get that. May, June, 6 months, close enough that I'd probably call to clarify if I was going, just to avoid having to go back.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
LeisaP said:
this is off topic a bit
but in canada can you order a new birth certificate online too ??
i have no idea, because i still have my original from when i was born. ive never had to order a new one.
i just want to know out of curiosity.
hi LeisaP....yes you can order your birth certificate online and you can get expedited service for a fee if needed!!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
hi LeisaP....yes you can order your birth certificate online and you can get expedited service for a fee if needed!!!
Haha thanks!! Wow I honestly had no idea you could do that.
I like it though! Makes things so easy!
:)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
LeisaP said:
Haha thanks!! Wow I honestly had no idea you could do that.
I like it though! Makes things so easy!
:)
yes it does......and you know they get it right away cause you get a confirmation #!!!!

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Does anyone have any advice for learning Spanish? It's been a struggle for me. I found one course online and it was sooo boring I couldn't motivate myself to do it. I'm looking at a Rosetta Stone course now. Does anyone know of this course? How has everyone learned Spanish??

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
Does anyone have any advice for learning Spanish? It's been a struggle for me. I found one course online and it was sooo boring I couldn't motivate myself to do it. I'm looking at a Rosetta Stone course now. Does anyone know of this course? How has everyone learned Spanish??
Let's see....I have taken spanish 1 & 2 at local college....have had a semi-private tutor for 7 months.....I can read, write and usually follow a conversation somewhat...but still trying to speak!!!! I know a ton of vocabularly but the hard part is jumping in a conversation because by the time you formulate your sentence the topic has changed three times!!! I understand Rosetta Stone is the best and for what I have paid for the above it would be about the same as the Rosetta's program!!! Spanish Translator on-line is a good program and I enjoy that. I am know at the stage where I have to find people to talk to verbally.....that is the only true way to learn so I can't wait till my husband gets here and then my lessons will begin in earnest!!!

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
KJG said:
Let's see....I have taken spanish 1 & 2 at local college....have had a semi-private tutor for 7 months.....I can read, write and usually follow a conversation somewhat...but still trying to speak!!!! I know a ton of vocabularly but the hard part is jumping in a conversation because by the time you formulate your sentence the topic has changed three times!!! I understand Rosetta Stone is the best and for what I have paid for the above it would be about the same as the Rosetta's program!!! Spanish Translator on-line is a good program and I enjoy that. I am know at the stage where I have to find people to talk to verbally.....that is the only true way to learn so I can't wait till my husband gets here and then my lessons will begin in earnest!!!
Yeah I'm the same.. I know a lot of words, but can't put a lot of sentences together. I'll look at the Spanish Translator. I've started looking at Spanish Dict as well, which is pretty decent considering it's free.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
Yeah I'm the same.. I know a lot of words, but can't put a lot of sentences together. I'll look at the Spanish Translator. I've started looking at Spanish Dict as well, which is pretty decent considering it's free.
yeah it is.....i've done a little with that as well......!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TSauretBaxter said:
I have observed several people have absolutely amazing results with Destinos. I had friends go through it during college (it was the program used for the Spanish classes) and people were functional at the end of one semester - as in I would feel comfortable they could make their way around in Spanish. In fact, at the end of the first week folks were having me review a paragraph introducing themselves purely in Spanish (every semester, I was shocked). It really was spectacular and seemed almost magical. I've also heard of people that used it on their own also with astonishing results.

It's written as a soap opera that teaches you Spanish as you go along the strory. The TV program is based on immersion - it's almost entirely in Spanish. From what I've been told, it's well done so that it pushes you pretty quickly but aren't frustrated that you don't understand what's going on. The full program includes episodes, exercises, and a computer program associated with it.

I've heard it airs on PBS in the US every so often so you may be able to look into that if you don't want to buy it and that libraries are increasingly carrying it.

ETA: Amazon US sells the material, and one of the reviewers mentioned that the videos are available for free at http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html. In fact, the first episode is at http://www.learner.org/vod/vod_window.html?pid=366 ... start watching!

ETA2: They use characters from various countries so you gain exposure to the various Spanish accents ;)

Buena suerte :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
OhCanadiana said:
I have observed several people have absolutely amazing results with Destinos. I had friends go through it during college (it was the program used for the Spanish classes) and people were functional at the end of one semester - as in I would feel comfortable they could make their way around in Spanish. In fact, at the end of the first week folks were having me review a paragraph introducing themselves purely in Spanish (every semester, I was shocked). It really was spectacular and seemed almost magical. I've also heard of people that used it on their own also with astonishing results.

It's written as a soap opera that teaches you Spanish as you go along the strory. The TV program is based on immersion - it's almost entirely in Spanish. From what I've been told, it's well done so that it pushes you pretty quickly but aren't frustrated that you don't understand what's going on. The full program includes episodes, exercises, and a computer program associated with it.

I've heard it airs on PBS in the US every so often so you may be able to look into that if you don't want to buy it and that libraries are increasingly carrying it.

ETA: Amazon US sells the material, and one of the reviewers mentioned that the videos are available for free at http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html. In fact, the first episode is at http://www.learner.org/vod/vod_window.html?pid=366 ... start watching!

ETA2: They use characters from various countries so you gain exposure to the various Spanish accents ;)

Wow what a great idea!! I'm gonna check it out.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
OhCanadiana said:

awesome...thank you so much!!!!