+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

OhCanadiana said:
I've noticed a Summer one pops up .... so hopefully just after they process your docs and Edgar's and Aleshina's and canadiangirl78's and as many others as possible that have all the docs already so your files are complete ;).
Re-meds done June 7. Precautionary FBI request fedexed June 14. We are ON IT Summer Batch !!!!!!!! :)

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
Re-meds done June 7. Precautionary FBI request fedexed June 14. We are ON IT Summer Batch !!!!!!!! :)
Mrs. Romero I got a question(s) :)

I'm going tomorrow to the PGJ to get my fingerprints done and send everything to Tijuana. My dad will then buy the money order and send the info from San Diego along with a prepaid envelope for overnight shipping so they can send it back to my uncle's address in California (Doing as much as we can to expedite the process!)

Where it says "Reason why you are requesting the document" I was thinking putting something along the lines of "I have never lived in the USA, and the last time I went there was for a day trip in 2001 on a tourist visa, but since I'm applying to immigrate to Canada, they have requested that I give them an FBI police clearance because I'm originally from Tijuana. I'm giving you a copy of my passport and Mexican ID as well as a copy of my last tourist visa to the USA in order to facilitate your search and to receive the document as soon as possible. I appreciate your time"

Obviously if it doesn't fit, I will type a letter and sign it. And as you noticed I was thinking of adding copies of those documents mentioned. I have never dealt with anything USA-related. Do you think it will help? Any suggestions?

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
OhCanadiana said:
I've noticed a Summer one pops up .... so hopefully just after they process your docs and Edgar's and Aleshina's and canadiangirl78's and as many others as possible that have all the docs already so your files are complete ;).

Ohhhh please let there be a summer one! ;D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
edgarsitow said:
Mrs. Romero I got a question(s) :)

I'm going tomorrow to the PGJ to get my fingerprints done and send everything to Tijuana. My dad will then buy the money order and send the info from San Diego along with a prepaid envelope for overnight shipping so they can send it back to my uncle's address in California (Doing as much as we can to expedite the process!)

Where it says "Reason why you are requesting the document" I was thinking putting something along the lines of "I have never lived in the USA, and the last time I went there was for a day trip in 2001 on a tourist visa, but since I'm applying to immigrate to Canada, they have requested that I give them an FBI police clearance because I'm originally from Tijuana. I'm giving you a copy of my passport and Mexican ID as well as a copy of my last tourist visa to the USA in order to facilitate your search and to receive the document as soon as possible. I appreciate your time"

Obviously if it doesn't fit, I will type a letter and sign it. And as you noticed I was thinking of adding copies of those documents mentioned. I have never dealt with anything USA-related. Do you think it will help? Any suggestions?
Honestly you just need to put Canadian immigration requirement. You don't really need to explain, they don't care that much. Don't worry.

M

mrandmrsromero

We wrote "Canada Immigration purposes" both times we requested FBI. As canadiangirl says - from the U.S. side they really don't need a lot of detail. As long as your prints are acceptable and the fee is paid, that's all they really care about. Good luck getting everything done!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Honestly you just need to put Canadian immigration requirement. You don't really need to explain, they don't care that much. Don't worry.
mrandmrsromero said:
We wrote "Canada Immigration purposes" both times we requested FBI. As canadiangirl says - from the U.S. side they really don't need a lot of detail. As long as your prints are acceptable and the fee is paid, that's all they really care about. Good luck getting everything done!
So... No extra documents? And do I write N/A in the SSN box? Sorry for all the questions guys, I guess that since it was a royal pain in the a$$ to get other documents, I want to be extra safe.

M

mrandmrsromero

edgarsitow said:
So... No extra documents? And do I write N/A in the SSN box? Sorry for all the questions guys, I guess that since it's was a royal pain in the a$$ to get other documents, I want to be extra safe.
I can totally relate to the document paranoia thing, no worries.

Yes, just write "not applicable" in the SSN box. As for documents, just send what they need for processing - the signed form, fingerprint cards (don't forget to sign those too!); and the fee.

Here's the checklist to help double check: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/fbi-identification-record-request-checklist

Also, if you use google images for FBI fingerprint cards you can see how it should look filled out :)

M

mrandmrsromero

p.s. At the bottom of the form my husband handwrote a notation that "X number of fingerprint cards are enclosed to ensure you have an acceptable set for processing".

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
So I just got back from getting my fingerprints done and I must say that paranoia is haunting me.

There are some smudges, but not on the fingerprints, just outside. I got 3 sets just in case, however the guy put a huge government seal that overlaps on my right thumb and index. I really hope this won't be an issue.

He also filled out the information on the sheet IN SPANISH!! so I'm gonna have to get whiteout and re-do that. I'm hoping this won't cause an issue. Do you guys think the FBI is so picky that they'll just send them back? It was done by a government office after all.... so if they screw up, then there's no hope :/

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
edgarsitow said:
So I just got back from getting my fingerprints done and I must say that paranoia is haunting me.

There are some smudges, but not on the fingerprints, just outside. I got 3 sets just in case, however the guy put a huge government seal that overlaps on my right thumb and index. I really hope this won't be an issue.

He also filled out the information on the sheet IN SPANISH!! so I'm gonna have to get whiteout and re-do that. I'm hoping this won't cause an issue. Do you guys think the FBI is so picky that they'll just send them back? It was done by a government office after all.... so if they screw up, then there's no hope :/
If a fingerprint is covered by a seal I would guess it will be rejected. There definitely can't be Spanish.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Edgar I wouldn't use those fingerprints. Spanish, white out, seal covering prints. I'd go back and just have them do prints. No seal. No info. Just prints. You can do it yourself so none of that matters. Also I'd have them mail it directly to you in Mexico. FedEx is fast to Mexico. But you don't want a record with your name and a US address because that could lead to problems later since you don't have a US visa. Even if you say it is your uncle's address - they may assume you're in the states illegally. I don't know - I'd just be very careful. You'll probably want to visit the US when you're in Canada.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
If a fingerprint is covered by a seal I would guess it will be rejected. There definitely can't be Spanish.
That would be my guess too, but I'm hopeful in believing that the Mexican government isn't that incompetent. It only covers a small area, like basically a letter overlapping. ........... ???

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
edgarsitow said:
That would be my guess too, but I'm hopeful in believing that the Mexican government isn't that incompetent. It only covers a small area, like basically a letter overlapping. ........... ???
I think it's risky and if they get rejected it is a major delay for you.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I think it's risky and if they get rejected it is a major delay for you.
I don't plan on visiting the USA until I get a Canadian passport. I just don't know where to buy the ink. I would do it myself and include both sets. But where to buy the ink? This is so damn confusing it's driving me nuts.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
edgarsitow said:
I don't plan on visiting the USA until I get a Canadian passport. I just don't know where to buy the ink. I would do it myself and include both sets. But where to buy the ink? This is so damn confusing it's driving me nuts.
I can't help there sorry. Hopefully someone in Mexico can.

Even if you have a Canadian passport they'll know everything about you.