Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
edgarsitow said:
Also I just called the PGR and my document is ready! :D I'll go pick it up in an hour and hand everything in tomorrow morning.
Congrats!!! 8)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
Nessa said:
Yes it´s the one on Xola. We actually asked some police where the SSP was without showing them the address and they told us it was near the glorieta de insurgentes. So we went there and asked another police officer who told us they no longer do it there and we have to go to Xola.

It´s easy to get there! You can take the Metrobus and get off at Piedad and then just ask someone around there what way to go. You have to walk a few blocks and it´s a huge grey building with a bunch of police outside. :)

They knew exactly what it was...I think that´s all they do bewtween 2 and 7. Pretty much everyone that was there, was there to get that paper.
Thank you for that Nessa!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
We have been in process so long I really don't remember what happened in eCas at the outset.

Seems to me that after sponsorship approval and receipt of the AOR letter; eCas updated to "in process" . Very much looking forward to eventually seeing "medical results received" so we know this waiting craziness is finally over! :)
So it's 1) AOR from Mexico VO 2) In Progress on ecas 3) medicals received on ecas 4) police record request 5) PPR?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
So it's 1) AOR from Mexico VO 2) In Progress on ecas 3) medicals received on ecas 4) police record request 5) PPR?
Theoretically, yes. 1 & 2 should be simultaneous.

Required disclaimer: you know how much to rely on e-case ;)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Ecas is all I have!! Lol. :(

Listening for the mailman - hoping to get the approval letter today. When we get it, we are going for ice cream!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Congrats edgarcitow!

We went to the embassy this morning to hand in the SSP form I was kind of nervous that they wouldn´t accept it since they haven´t requested it yet. But the guy was really nice and he said good thinking that we are getting stuff before they even ask haha ;D So got that handed in!

We asked if they had received the PGR which says on DHL that it was signed for on Thursday, and he checked in the computers and said it wasn´t there yet...I am hoping it just hasn´t been opened and entered in the system yet!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
canadiangirl78 said:

My ecas said medical received about a month before I got AOR from Mexico, and then like a month after I got AOR from Mexico it said in process. So I wouldn´t trust Ecas too much on this stuff it seems kind of random!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nessa said:
Congrats edgarcitow!
+1

Nessa said:
We went to the embassy this morning to hand in the SSP form I was kind of nervous that they wouldn´t accept it since they haven´t requested it yet. But the guy was really nice and he said good thinking that we are getting stuff before they even ask haha ;D So got that handed in!

We asked if they had received the PGR which says on DHL that it was signed for on Thursday, and he checked in the computers and said it wasn´t there yet...I am hoping it just hasn´t been opened and entered in the system yet!
Congrats!!! Hopefully they process your PGR soon :)

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Nessa said:
Congrats edgarcitow!

Thanks Nessa and everyone else, with support groups like these, immigration is a little less horrible :)

I already have my PGR document and everything else. I went to the PGR building to pick it up and noticed that I had left the receipt they give you at home! (oops!) :eek: So I had to run home and get it, luckily I live only 4 blocks away! I have all of my documents and I already put them in an envelope ready to be handed in tomorrow. I also typed a letter with a checklist and I explained there the reason why I'm also giving them the SSP document (police check update, preventing further delays, etc.)

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
edgarsitow said:
Thanks Nessa and everyone else, with support groups like these, immigration is a little less horrible :)

I already have my PGR document and everything else. I went to the PGR building to pick it up and noticed that I had left the receipt they give you at home! (oops!) :eek: So I had to run home and get it, luckily I live only 4 blocks away! I have all of my documents and I already put them in an envelope ready to be handed in tomorrow. I also typed a letter with a checklist and I explained there the reason why I'm also giving them the SSP document (police check update, preventing further delays, etc.)
Ohh lucky you live close! Good thing you were able to get it! We also wrote a letter explaining that according to the Operational Bulletin (whatever number it was) they would require the SSP certificate, and that they didn´t ask for it yet but we were in mexico and decided to take advantage of the trip and submit in case it´s required later! We had no problem with this.

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Good evening,

My file was transfer from buffalo to los angeles on dec 1 2011, I got medical requested on April 24. But they also ask for "Original Federal police certificate". I follow the steps to request the federal certificate from outside Mexico and I get my medicals done as well. But do I need the state police clearances as well? They didn't metion it but I was wondering if you guys can help me figure this out. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Thank you,
Miranda

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
My ecas said medical received about a month before I got AOR from Mexico, and then like a month after I got AOR from Mexico it said in process. So I wouldn´t trust Ecas too much on this stuff it seems kind of random!
Oh ok. Well I will try not to check ecas too often but any change will be encouraging. I guess we will just wait for emails.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
I am so happy to hear so much progress going on in all of your cases and how close you are all to the end.. The day one of you gets approval will be awesome.

In case anyone was wondering about the birth certificate.. Turns out we can send it to my SO's family in cancun for 665 pesos and it would get there in 5 business days and then from there my SO's family will DHL it to us which costs another 500 pesos.. So all together 85 can dollars. Expensive? Yes, but much better than getting a third party to do it and a lot less time than two months so I am happy!!!

For those who have gone to get the pgr recently, how old does the birth certificate have to be? 3 or 6 months? We are debating when to order this, because as nice as it would be to get it in 6 days, well.. It's Mexico and we have our doubts, lmao.

Gracias a todos!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
For those who have gone to get the pgr recently, how old does the birth certificate have to be? 3 or 6 months? We are debating when to order this, because as nice as it would be to get it in 6 days, well.. It's Mexico and we have our doubts, lmao.

Gracias a todos!
It used to be that it had to be issued in the same calendar year as the application. The instructions no longer state this in the new website so I don't know whether it's an oversight or they've relaxed that requirement.