+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical urgent query

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does a history of depression make an applicant inadmissible? I saw is marked as a grade B IME ... And what about polycystic ovarian syndrome? Urgent please

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
I got grade B FOR Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, I am very scared about my medicals.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snig said:
I got grade B FOR Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, I am very scared about my medicals.
When did you do your medical? What's your status in your application?

People with experience and seniors, please weigh in on this grade B thing PLEASE

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm a grade B.

Did the dr order any extra tests? When did you have your medical? Was it e-medical?

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
I did my medicals on Jan 9,2017 where doctor found blood in my urine.
I disclosed him that I have PCOS and he called me again on Jan 16,2017 for extra blood work.
after that he uploaded my results to CIC , my medicals say that patient has PCOS and found some spotting though no period which is common in PCOS and he gave me grade B.
I submitted my application on Feb 13,2017 no movement as of yet

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
there is no medication for this condition except for weight loss and proper diet for keep your hormones in balance.
PCOS is a condition where cysts are formed over ovary which prevents ovulation to take place(purely women problem).
Also I searched in the internet and I did not find anything about this condition

Reactions: navreetkaurbti05

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
snig said:
there is no medication for this condition except for weight loss and proper diet for keep your hormones in balance.
PCOS is a condition where cysts are formed over ovary which prevents ovulation to take place(purely women problem).
Also I searched in the internet and I did not find anything about this condition
Then in theory you won't be an excessive demand on Canada so your medical will pass.

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
thanks Kryton for your response.
hopefully I will pass the medicals

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Then in theory you won't be an excessive demand on Canada so your medical will pass.
One must not forget diagnosed Pcos increases the risk of hbp, high cholesterol, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, miscarriages, dermatological issues etc. And there are meds for pcos which are mainly hormonal stabilizers. So there are costs associated with meds FOR pcos but also for meds for other health issues associated with pcos.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Considering 6 to 10 percent of women in their child bearing period have pcos, I find it very hard to believe absolutely no woman other than snig on this forum who has applied for fsw didn't have pcos at the time of their IME

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
PCOS leads to insulin resistance which is a common cause of diabetes. Many women with PCOS find it difficult to lose weight and are thus overweight or obese which can have it's on share of ailments. Women with PCOS can conceive naturally but some need assisted reproductive techniques like IVF, etc which can be very expensive. I think some provinces offer 1 free IVF cycle in a woman's lifetime but they have to pay for the drugs themselves. IVF hormones and injections can cost around $5000.

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
xpressentry said:
PCOS leads to insulin resistance which is a common cause of diabetes. Many women with PCOS find it difficult to lose weight and are thus overweight or obese which can have it's on share of ailments. Women with PCOS can conceive naturally but some need assisted reproductive techniques like IVF, etc which can be very expensive. I think some provinces offer 1 free IVF cycle in a woman's lifetime but they have to pay for the drugs themselves. IVF hormones and injections can cost around $5000.

so is it beyond threshold and will be become a problem to Pr process?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
johnmunch said:
Considering 6 to 10 percent of women in their child bearing period have pcos, I find it very hard to believe absolutely no woman other than snig on this forum who has applied for fsw didn't have pcos at the time of their IME
We are not in the pool yet. My wife has PCOS and that is how I am aware of the issue. I would like to know if this could cause an issue of going over the threshold.

My wife says she doesnt have the problem of blood in the urine unless it is during menstruation as snig mentioned. However, she has a medical prescription to help her ovulate regularly. This medicine is used for diabetics. Everytime my wife picks up her medicines from the pharmacy, she has to remind the pharmacy that she has to pay for her prescription. Diabetics in the UK have free prescription. My wife doesn't have diabetes and is not even close like pre diabetes. Sometime ago, kryt0n had posted a link of the cost of tablets and the cost of my wife's tablet costs a few dollars. The medication will surely not go over the threshold but we cant say what will happen next, whether we would need assisted reproduction or would need treatment for endocrines, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases or dermatological issues.

Now I am wondering whether to disclose or not. I want to disclose as it shouldn't amount to misrepresentation.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there any list of medical condition which list all the not admissible medical condition ?

I am facing similar situation where I don't know if my medical will pass or fail ?

My X-ray showed some abnormal growth around my first rib and so PP asked for CT scan. I submitted CT but even CT report says it's either benign (non cancerous tumor) or it could be malignancy so I am not sure that CT report I submitted to IRCC will be enough.

If only there was anyway for me to check if either of these condition can cause rejection or not