+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

pltr2021

Jul 30, 2024
@hssrp We received GCMS notes and see that LPP has not yet started though, test was completed by Aug 8th according to the notes (I think notes were pulled on Aug 30th). Also no update to file since the test was completed. The file is in Vancouver office. Is this type of processing delay normal? Do you know how long it typically takes from test completed to LPP in Vancouver?

Reactions: hssrp

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
Hello guys. This question is irrelevant to this group but I need some help please. I am a May applicant for citizenship and all stages have been cleared since Sept 11. I am planning to book my ticket for India and for that I will be using my current Indian passport. Hopefully I will have my Canadian passport when travelling. Is there a problem with this or is it okay to give the airline your current passport details and show up with a Canadian passport? Please advise.

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Hello guys. This question is irrelevant to this group but I need some help please. I am a May applicant for citizenship and all stages have been cleared since Sept 11. I am planning to book my ticket for India and for that I will be using my current Indian passport. Hopefully I will have my Canadian passport when travelling. Is there a problem with this or is it okay to give the airline your current passport details and show up with a Canadian passport? Please advise.
It should be fine, as long as you travel with both passports.

Rectification: It seems to be a violation of indian law to hold a foreign passport? You would have to surrender your indian passport.

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
It should be fine, as long as you travel with both passports.

Rectification: It seems to be a violation of indian law to hold a foreign passport? You would have to surrender your indian passport.
Yup I won’t have my Indian passport at that time. So travelling with Canadian should be fine even after giving details of my Indian passport while booking?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yup I won’t have my Indian passport at that time. So travelling with Canadian should be fine even after giving details of my Indian passport while booking?
In normal cases you need to contact customer care of airline and change the passport details but in your case citizenship is changing so you should check with the airline first if they allow it before booking the ticket.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
@hssrp We received GCMS notes and see that LPP has not yet started though, test was completed by Aug 8th according to the notes (I think notes were pulled on Aug 30th). Also no update to file since the test was completed. The file is in Vancouver office. Is this type of processing delay normal? Do you know how long it typically takes from test completed to LPP in Vancouver?
It is pretty normal for Vancouver office. Few cases are processed faster but mostly they take 1-2 months for LPP after test completion.

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
We are just unlucky and got stuck for apparently no reason. Yours is even weirder, and it makes me wonder how these people really work. How is it possible to get BG cleared and still
have PROHIBITIONS in progress?
Apparently, background checks are RCMP but prohibitions is done by CSIS (This is what the IRCC agent on the phone told me)