+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

DSGTD

Jun 6, 2024
Got my second ghost update today June 26th. But no change in application status. everything is still under in progress!
I think the way it works is there is a two business day delay to when you actually see any updates they make reflect in your tracker.

For example for my Citizenship test progress update to completed. I checked on June 21st and saw that it said updated June 21st at the top but no actual change in the test status. After two business days (on June 25th) I could actually see the test status updated to completed but the date it said they updated it to completed was June 21st.

Reactions: Ann01

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thanks! Yes I’ll start preparing.
Is there a way to know which office is processing my application just yet?

Or is it only after I get the test invite email?
you can request ATIP notes or call IRCC and inquire but some applications get moved around to different/multiple offices. My primary office is scarborough and secondary office is sydney prior to and after my backgorund being completed, per ircc agent i spoke with and also from my ATIP notes but my test and in person interview were from mississauga. i seems like thats where my oath may come from also.

i request notes after my test so i will if it says the same or it changed to missi office.

chachacanada

Apr 29, 2024
you can request ATIP notes or call IRCC and inquire but some applications get moved around to different/multiple offices. My primary office is scarborough and secondary office is sydney prior to and after my backgorund being completed, per ircc agent i spoke with and also from my ATIP notes but my test and in person interview were from mississauga. i seems like thats where my oath may come from also.

i request notes after my test so i will if it says the same or it changed to missi office.
Thanks for the detailed response. Was there a specific reason you were called for an in-person interview? And was this before your background check?

Only asking so I’m prepared if requested.

Reactions: Yuki.03

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thanks! Yes I’ll start preparing.
Is there a way to know which office is processing my application just yet?

Or is it only after I get the test invite email?
Generally, you can find this out when you get the test invite. It will have the email address of the processing office. You can also call IRCC to get details about your application and processing office.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thanks for the detailed response. Was there a specific reason you were called for an in-person interview? And was this before your background check?

Only asking so I’m prepared if requested.
it was recently, like a month after my background. it says something about verifing my ids that's it. i havent been to it yet. will update you tho.

sansa7

Dec 17, 2016
@sansa7 - Did you get an update on your AOR by calling IRCC? Others who had this issue were able to get the application # from the agent by calling IRCC.
I have not. I cannot even reach any agent as IRCC auto attendant reached the application status and then says "Your call cannot be connected to an agent as we are receiving high volume of inquiries for this type of inquiries". I have no way that I know of for getting status of my application in anyway. Worried sick.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
I have not. I cannot even reach any agent as IRCC auto attendant reached the application status and then says "Your call cannot be connected to an agent as we are receiving high volume of inquiries for this type of inquiries". I have no way that I know of for getting status of my application in anyway. Worried sick.
I can totally understand, getting to talk to an agent on the call is very difficult but you have no other option. Keep trying, you might be lucky in 10-12 attempts.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
try calling early like around 8-9 am and close to closing time 3-3.30pm.

ms2237

Oct 21, 2021
Have 3 family members in the application.
Today Background check completed for wife and daughter (18 years) but no update on my son's background check. He is 13 years old. Is this normal?
Two days back, both wife and daughter got a ghost update but there has been no update on my son's application since AOR from May 8th

Reactions: Yuki.03