+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Have 3 family members in the application.
Today Background check completed for wife and daughter (18 years) but no update on my son's background check. He is 13 years old. Is this normal?
Two days back, both wife and daughter got a ghost update but there has been no update on my son's application since AOR from May 8th
That is perfectly normal. Minors do not have a lot of updates in the tracker as they are exempt from most of the steps. They will see update only at the last stage during Prohibitions/Oath when all steps will be marked completed. So you do not have to worry about that.
I've updated the BG check status on the spreadsheet, good luck on the test invite!

sansa7

Dec 17, 2016
I can totally understand, getting to talk to an agent on the call is very difficult but you have no other option. Keep trying, you might be lucky in 10-12 attempts.
So finally after 19 attempts, call got connected to an agent. Agent said file is not lost it is visible, and there is no indication or notes that said the officer needed additional documentation or anything but officer still did not mark your application complete. She said you will get your AOR only after whoever opened my file marks it complete or might request for additional documentation. I do not understand the delay in this.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
So finally after 19 attempts, call got connected to an agent. Agent said file is not lost it is visible, and there is no indication or notes that said the officer needed additional documentation or anything but officer still did not mark your application complete. She said you will get your AOR only after whoever opened my file marks it complete or might request for additional documentation. I do not understand the delay in this.
Oh that's unfortunate and strange. Keep calling every 2 days on this and ask the agent to put a note on the file for the officer to review and close it as its been more than 50 days now. Did she share an application # or she said it is still pending?

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Update: Background completed on May 27th.
I think you mean June 27th? :)
Could you please check and confirm the updated date against the "Background Verification Completed" in the Application History section at the bottom of the tracker. I suppose it might be June 25 and not 27, as the tracker has a delay of 2 business days. I've updated the spreadsheet.

Reactions: madrazi

Upesh07

Jun 20, 2017
Canada
Hi

Submitted the file for a family of 2 adults on 29th May, received AOR on 6th June. No updates, after that.
Hope it's going well with the timeframe and nothing to worry

sansa7

Dec 17, 2016
Oh that's unfortunate and strange. Keep calling every 2 days on this and ask the agent to put a note on the file for the officer to review and close it as its been more than 50 days now. Did she share an application # or she said it is still pending?
she said application number cannot be generated until the officer marks the application complete. I have just double checked my application for any over looked errors or missing info/documents. I do not see any.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi

Submitted the file for a family of 2 adults on 29th May, received AOR on 6th June. No updates, after that.
Hope it's going well with the timeframe and nothing to worry
Yes, nothing to worry, everyone around that AOR are still waiting.
Which city did you apply from and what is your Physical Presence so that I can update the spreadsheet.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
she said application number cannot be generated until the officer marks the application complete. I have just double checked my application for any over looked errors or missing info/documents. I do not see any.
oh ok, keep following up every 2-3 days on the phone line.

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi, I received fingerprint request as well and I am also in Calgary. May I ask where do you plan to do it? I checked online, but they do not seem to have a RCMP office in Calgary. Thank you.
You can give your fingerprints at any RCMP Accredited Fingerprint Centers. Please use the below link to find your nearest one.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/private-fingerprinting-companies-accredited-by-the-RCMP

Did you apply in May? If yes, please share your timeline and I can update in the spreadsheet.

madrazi

Apr 27, 2017
I think you mean June 27th? :)
Could you please check and confirm the updated date against the "Background Verification Completed" in the Application History section at the bottom of the tracker. I suppose it might be June 25 and not 27, as the tracker has a delay of 2 business days. I've updated the spreadsheet.
You're correct. It says BG completed on June 25th 2024 :)