ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
ok so update from the phone call:

- eligibility = passed
- criminality pending biometrics
- security = passed
- infosharing = passed
- medical: the strange mismatch of data between assessments section, medical section and officer notes section is still unresolved. She said it's not an error that the officer noted "Medical: Passed"but then she also said the medical officer is the one that would set the assessment section's medical entry to passed (that currently says "in progress").

I have seen someone else post their GCMS notes here and their latest note said "approval pending biometrics". My latest note says "file pending biometrics"

I asked if this is just different writing styles, or if this should be interpreted as "there might be medical review and PFL after biometrics is done" for me. I was told that these two ways of writing the note mean the same thing, it's just a style difference. So, if true, that would mean my file *approval* is pending biometrics. So theoretically medical is passed and no further review needed for that... But she couldn't say for certain.

So either all is well pending biometrics, or I may still face PFL. Which is fine because my costs are below the threshold. It would just mean paying a lawyer to write the response and a little more waiting time.

I also asked about whether I should bother applying for BOWP if we're this close to finished, or if the wait for biometrics might actually take longer than my WP expiration (end of dec). The agent couldn't say for sure so it's best to apply for BOWP. But said that all the applications are linked in terms of visibility to the reviewing officers, so when they are looking at your BOWP they will look at your PR app progress. If it's close to finished they might hold off on the BOWP and let me go into implied status for a short while to finish it up then automatically cancel the BOWP.
May I ask your AOR plz thanks!

okirazli

Star Member
Dec 4, 2019
Just called IRCC about my status. CEC May 16 AOR:

Eligibility: Passed

Criminality: in progress

Security: not started

Visa office: Ottawa

No ETA at the moment.

Reactions: s.simhad

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I have seen this change today morning.

From this update:

Review of additional documents
  • July 14, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
It changed to this:

• Not Applicable.
Is it a matter of concern? My AOR is May 30th.

Thank you!

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi everyone, I have seen this change today morning.

From this update:

• July 14, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
It changed to this:

• Not Applicable.
Is it a matter of concern? My AOR is May 30th.

Thank you!
Usually means you have passed the eligibility checks! Only way to know for sure is to call IRCC or order GCMS notes.