+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

ovooj16

Jan 9, 2017
Hi all,

I just used the online tool to check my application(I am the sponsor) and its been on like this since we submitted.

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor ********************* on May 24, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 31, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2019.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received ******************* application for permanent residence on May 24, 2019.
Nothing updated since May 30. We were able to link the PR application but not the OWP. It can't find the OWP application. After we submitted, it got returned due to incomplete fees (which by the way we paid immediately we noticed and they acknowledged the web form we sent to that effect) and we resubmitted it June 10th. We haven't had any movements since then and I am starting to get worried.

Do we receive a different acknowledgemnt for Sponsorship and PR?

Do we get an email before the work permit is sent in the mail?

LittleNinja

May 21, 2019
Hi all,

I just used the online tool to check my application(I am the sponsor) and its been on like this since we submitted.

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor ********************* on May 24, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 31, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2019.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received ******************* application for permanent residence on May 24, 2019.
Nothing updated since May 30. We were able to link the PR application but not the OWP. It can't find the OWP application. After we submitted, it got returned due to incomplete fees (which by the way we paid immediately we noticed and they acknowledged the web form we sent to that effect) and we resubmitted it June 10th. We haven't had any movements since then and I am starting to get worried.

Do we receive a different acknowledgemnt for Sponsorship and PR?

Do we get an email before the work permit is sent in the mail?
I think you just have to wait if it has not been returned again, some people managed to link the OWP with the PA UCI number, some other people got it in the mail without even linking it and without notice from IRCC, it's pretty messy. You were one of the lucky ones that got AOR in like 1 week. Many in may are still waiting for AOR or waited for AOR for over 50 days and most haven't heard about the OWP yet.

Reactions: ovooj16

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
does anyone knows if there is a difference between police certificate and criminal record check?
Because i have sent the criminal record check but they returned my app stating, "police cerificate missing".
Did you check which type of police check certificate you needed through the IRCC website? They tell you which one they require on there, with a link to the relevant site.

evaz

Aug 6, 2014
I have AOR and was able to link my application online on August 5th but even now I can't link my OWP... is there a guide or something for common mistakes I might be making? I'm asking because I saw multiple people say that you should be able to link OWP a few days after linking the initial application and I'm anxious about being able to continue working.

Aman.ghafar

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
I have AOR and was able to link my application online on August 5th but even now I can't link my OWP... is there a guide or something for common mistakes I might be making? I'm asking because I saw multiple people say that you should be able to link OWP a few days after linking the initial application and I'm anxious about being able to continue working.
I received AOR June 26th and I still cant link OWP application.

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
I got my AOR August 3rd, but I haven't been able to link my application at all, so don't worry you guys aren't alone! For anyone else having issues, I'd suggest writing down what combinations you've been using whenever you try to link it. Here are a few posts that I hope will help everyone with getting their application linked.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/success-linking-application.510384/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

jhaye18

Jun 11, 2019
Good Morning Everyone!

How many days you got OWP approval after you link it online? Im able to link my OWP last Aug 06 but status still showing “submitted”.

Thank you.

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Good Morning Everyone!

How many days you got OWP approval after you link it online? Im able to link my OWP last Aug 06 but status still showing “submitted”.

Thank you.
I received the OWP in the mail about a week after. The system never updated the application has "Approved". It's still sitting open as well so don't worry

Reactions: jhaye18

Eheheh

Mar 14, 2019
Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you.
Hello, may i ask how did u link ur owp application? Thank u so much.

jhaye18

Jun 11, 2019
Hello, may i ask how did u link ur owp application? Thank u so much.
Hi!

Using my GCKey account.
Selected Temporary residence, subcat: work permit and extension.

Application details: UCI and family name
Applicant’s personal information: Place of birth
Details of intended work in Canada: Open (initial application or extension)
Information about the applicant’s work in Canada:
Current Country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: married
Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada