File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
marcm said:
Hi all,

I got the dreaded brown envelope in the mail today... puts me in a bit of a pickle...

According to the letter attached, my application was considered complete... but returned to me because my wife's application was not considered complete (somehow I missed the fact that she accidentally signed in the wrong box on the application. It was my job to check the forms :( ).

Apparently I have 3 options:

- Resubmit my old application with family members who meet the new requirements (my wife doesn't meet the new requirements, so this option doesn't count)
- Resubmit my own application, and it'll be processed according to the old law (pre- June 11th).
- Wait until we both meet the requirements under the new law.

This is obviously very frustrating, especially that it's my fault for not checking the application fully. Should I submit without her? Will this cause any issues later on? She has about 13 months until she's eligible under the new law.

Also, for those who have resubmitted... should I just send back what they sent me, with a cover letter? Totally confused tbh, since we paid for the application together, and if I apply on my own, we'll also need a partial refund.

:eek:
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. Although I'm unable to suggest you what's the best option but I can share my experience about the returning package.

If you decide to continue your application ( with any other family members who's eligible this time ) then send the application(s) back with the mail CIC sent to you. There should be a place that you can put check mark (continue processing). If you and other family members decide to wait for your wife, then you only need to send back the mail from CIC, check mark on withdraw and refund, but I don't know when you'll be able to receive the refund.

Honestly, I will encourage you to continue your application cause we do not know when CIC will change the law again. Just personal opinion.

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
I wonder what the significance of the April 1 date is for processing times? I thought they would make a distinction between post and pre Jun-11 applicants

Philbrook

Jul 3, 2015
Can anyone tell me which office will my file be going to to be process after it leaves Sydney ,i am from Etobicoke west.
From my own correspondence from CIC and reading other people experiences on this forum i believe
that CIC opens package and check for relevant info first then send AOR ,then their be no need to send
you book and inform persons about Test and Oath etc,etc....

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashirale said:
I wonder what the significance of the April 1 date is for processing times? I thought they would make a distinction between post and pre Jun-11 applicants
I don't think that April 1st is in any way a "special" date.
They want to deal with the backlog.
And as the "end of backlog" they arbitrarily chose April 1st.
Everything before that date they consider part of the backlog,
and they want to remove the backlog by the end of March next year.
On the other hand every application received after April 1st is considered a "current" application,
and will be processed normally, according to the new expected processing times.

k1

Jun 19, 2015
Today my ECAS shows in process!

"We started processing your application on July 14, 2015"

What would be the next step?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I was about to freak out with these people that applied on the 29th getting AORs. But I checked the spreadsheet and saw that there is still plenty of people from the 27th that still didn't get their AOR, just like me.
So I guess I will leave the freaking out business for next week.

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
I was about to freak out with these people that applied on the 29th getting AORs. But I checked the spreadsheet and saw that there is still plenty of people from the 27th that still didn't get their AOR, just like me.
So I guess I will leave the freaking out business for next week.
I have the same timeline as yours and called CIC's call centre recently. The agent told me to check with them again if i didn't hear from them 6 weeks from now.
I also checked general status of applications at the call centre, the message says 'if your application was received on and after May 29th it is not being processed yet'

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
ottawanboy said:
I have the same timeline as yours and called CIC's call centre recently. The agent told me to check with them again if i didn't hear from them 6 weeks from now.
I also checked general status of applications at the call centre, the message says 'if your application was received on and after May 29th it is not being processed yet'
Ok, so we have 6 weeks to freak out?

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Ok, so we have 6 weeks to freak out?
I think it is the worst case scenario. As you said, we should get an email in next week or in the week after at max. I believe the agent is required to say 6 weeks to the applicant probably as per their procedures.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
E-CAS updated today:

In-process: July 15, 2015

What's the next step? Any idea of timeline further?

Thanks everyone for being a great support.

All the best to you guys :)

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, no need to freak out yet :)

Check the timeline sheet, there are people who got their AORs 64 days after the delivery date.
There is a column in there that says by which date at the latest you should be expecting your AOR.
For May 27th it is June 30th.

This is based on currently known data, it could be even later than that - you could be the "lucky" person whose application defines the new max delay ;)
Not to mention that there are a few people that should have gotten their AORs already.
It may be simply because they didn't come back to report that they got one, or that their AORs are taking even more than 64 days.

Bottom line is, given what we know by now, that there is absolutely no reason to freak out at the very least until that "Expected AOR By" date passes.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
sjakub said:
Guys, no need to freak out yet :)

Check the timeline sheet, there are people who got their AORs 64 days after the delivery date.
There is a column in there that says by which date at the latest you should be expecting your AOR.
For May 27th it is June 30th.

This is based on currently known data, it could be even later than that - you could be the "lucky" person whose application defines the new max delay ;)
Not to mention that there are a few people that should have gotten their AORs already.
It may be simply because they didn't come back to report that they got one, or that their AORs are taking even more than 64 days.

Bottom line is, given what we know by now, that there is absolutely no reason to freak out at the very least until that "Expected AOR By" date passes.
You are right. Sounds reasonable. And besides... it does look like MK is opening the envelopes slower than DL.

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mike is still the king of the White
It has the largest number of color white whole
Please judge justly
Sir Mike​

gireep

Star Member
May 1, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2011
LANDED..........
23rd sept 2011
Hello, Received AOR email today. will update spreadsheet.

thanks
gireep