File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
I'm not sure. Think it was check application status / PR / Family Class and then asked me for my CID.

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
Steph C said:
Welcome to the forum, Silent Hill - if that's really your name. Hmm, registered and posted in the same 2 minutes, yet you seemed to have read the whole thread already. I'm guessing you're too chicken to reveal your real user name and for such mild words, too! :p
dkera said:
NASA is re-enacting the space program and currently hires exceptionally smart people. Just call them, I think you are job-settled mate. Good luck.

(likely that is something to think about)

You people should start being so caustic, your comments are toxic and that's not what this forum is about. This resource is meant to be useful for sharing information, tips, advice and support, yet you insist in wasting your energy and time in negativism and infantile retorts.

Obviously you care about the outcome of your respective applications, but turning your frustration against fellow posters is not an acceptable way to vent that frustration, so I'd suggest you to take a break from logging in to this forum and come back only when you have something positive and constructive to say. If you are objective you'd realize that May applicants as a whole are better off in terms of approvals than June ones: 47% (20 out of 43) of May applicants in your list have received sponsorship approvals as of today Aug. 1 versus 9% (3 out of 33) applicants in June.

I'm one of the June applicants waiting to get my approval, it can go either way yet I'm patiently waiting although I feel like I deserve more from CIC, but I patiently drudge and wait, wait, wait, but I see no reason to turn my anger to CIC and dump it onto others.

So this is my advice, if you can swallow it: chill, take a deep breath and a dose of your preferred stimulant/relaxation substance and enjoy the ride, because this promise to be a long and bumpy one.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Seriously.. I'm not being caustic but I keep getting attacked as though I am. Best of luck to you too.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Farfelu said:
You people should start being so caustic, your comments are toxic and that's not what this forum is about. This resource is meant to be useful for sharing information, tips, advice and support, yet you insist in wasting your energy and time in negativism and infantile retorts.

Obviously you care about the outcome of your respective applications, but turning your frustration against fellow posters is not an acceptable way to vent that frustration, so I'd suggest you to take a break from logging in to this forum and come back only when you have something positive and constructive to say. If you are objective you'd realize that May applicants as a whole are better off in terms of approvals than June ones: 47% (20 out of 43) of May applicants in your list have received sponsorship approvals as of today Aug. 1 versus 9% (3 out of 33) applicants in June.

I'm one of the June applicants waiting to get my approval, it can go either way yet I'm patiently waiting although I feel like I deserve more from CIC, but I patiently drudge and wait, wait, wait, but I see no reason to turn my anger to CIC and dump it onto others.

So this is my advice, if you can swallow it: chill, take a deep breath and a dose of your preferred stimulant/relaxation substance and enjoy the ride, because this promise to be a long and bumpy one.
Haha, gotta love the gaul of a keyboard warrior.

Here's my advice to you... don't take it personally. It has NOTHING to do with you.

"If you are objective you'd realize that May applicants as a whole are better off in terms of approvals than June ones" - As they should be. But, if you have any compassion, you would understand the frustrations of the early May applicants.

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
Steph C said:
Seriously.. I'm not being caustic but I keep getting attacked as though I am. Best of luck to you too.
No intention to offend you Steph C. Let's just keep waiting patiently. If you care about my story, you'd realize that I've been put through a lot of hell by CIC in the recent past, yet that doesn't entitle me to trash other people, instead I've found a lot of support and helpful information on this forum. Let's keep it that way: civilized, neutral, supportive and objective.

Good luck with your application and remember, for some weird reason CPC-M decided to start processing May applications backwards chronologically speaking, so wait for your turn. My sixth sense tells me you'll get approval way before I do.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Farfelu said:
No intention to offend you Steph C. Let's just keep waiting patiently. If you care about my story, you'd realize that I've been put through a lot of hell by CIC in the recent past, yet that doesn't entitle me to trash other people, instead I've found a lot of support and helpful information on this forum. Let's keep it that way: civilized, neutral, supportive and objective.

Good luck with your application and remember, for some weird reason CPC-M decided to start processing May applications backwards chronologically speaking, so wait for your turn. My sixth sense tells me you'll get approval way before I do.
My partner and I have been apart for 3 years, so maybe you can imagine personally the hell that feels like. We all have our sob stories and with all due respect don't need to be spoken down to or reminded to wait for our turn ::)

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
bonitanita said:
Haha, gotta love the gaul of a keyboard warrior.

Here's my advice to you... don't take it personally. It has NOTHING to do with you.

"If you are objective you'd realize that May applicants as a whole are better off in terms of approvals than June ones" - As they should be. But, if you have any compassion, you would understand the frustrations of the early May applicants.
Apparently that's the difference between you and me, bonitanita: I am NOT taking it personally. Though I felt that you folks are saturating the bandwidth with useless commentary instead of being supportive to each other even though you demand the same from others.

And this is not about compassion either: I don't know you personally and you don't know me personally either, so that emotion is irrelevant. Yet, we can be understanding, prudent and empathetic, something that is not being shown here at all. I understand your frustration, in fact I'm in a better position than yourself to understand your own frustration: having lived a hellish experience with CIC recently which obligated me to resubmit my application after wasting lots of time, effort and money, they made wait several months without a resolution and here you have me going to the same whole ordeal all over. Don't you think I know and understand what frustration with CIC is about?

So my advice to you: be empathetic, not hurtful. Listen before you say a word. Wait and your turn will come.

Cheers.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Could be worse, people in April have been waiting over 120 days. That's not telling anyone to calm down.. just stating that it could be much worse.

I come to the thread to keep up with what's going on... but the constant toxicity around here is just bringing me down.

It sucks, we're separated from loved ones, it's taken forever and will take even longer... everyone has a right to talk about that, but at some point, you have to stop spamming a thread with 'woe is me' and anger because at this point, it's not saying your feelings and getting support, but rather throwing a pity/rage fit for yourself like because you're from the first days you're entitled to be first -- nope, and attacking anyone who tries to help you see things more positively by supporting you as a community... which you just see as being attacked by us.

We're trying to help. (well, maybe not Silent Hill... that was uncalled for) But, you're not entitled to have it done any faster than those in April who've been waiting 120-130 days... and you're not entitled to be angry at the other people in May or June because they came before you. At this point I'm not even being sympathetic to your plight... just get over it and take a break from this place for awhile.. your negative attitude is NOT helping anyone, not even yourself.

The fighting needs to stop or I'm just going to start reporting the thread to be looked at by moderators because this is ridiculous to see everyday. I'm not attacking anyone, this goes to all this negativity and arguing between all... This forum does not condone it, nor do I, so if it doesn't stop I'll just shift it to a mod. Use the thread for what it's for.... to talk about things, get support, give support and find out real information --- if all you're going to do everyday is complain, then don't bother to post. You're entitled to post every once in awhile with frustration... but everyday and attacking anyone who opposes your way of thinking is ridiculous. Stop.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Farfelu said:
Apparently that's the difference between you and me, bonitanita: I am NOT taking it personally. Though I felt that you folks are saturating the bandwidth with useless commentary instead of being supportive to each other even though you demand the same from others.

And this is not about compassion either: I don't know you personally and you don't know me personally either, so that emotion is irrelevant. Yet, we can be understanding, prudent and empathetic, something that is not being shown here at all. I understand your frustration, in fact I'm in a better position than yourself to understand your own frustration: having lived a hellish experience with CIC recently which obligated me to resubmit my application after wasting lots of time, effort and money, they made wait several months without a resolution and here you have me going to the same whole ordeal all over. Don't you think I know and understand what frustration with CIC is about?

So my advice to you: be empathetic, not hurtful. Listen before you say a word. Wait and your turn will come.

Cheers.

Actually, the May applicants have been very supportive of each other. This forum has helped me cope a lot. It's the idiots who come into the thread without reading the history of the thread that are saturating the bandwidth with BS.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonitanita said:
Actually, the May applicants have been very supportive of each other. This forum has helped me cope a lot. It's the idiots who come into the thread without reading the history of the thread that are saturating the bandwidth with BS.
Agreed

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
not taking your own advice I see... not surprising.

anyway, still no news for May yet today........ hopefully we hear something by the end of the day :)

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Farfelu said:
And your logic is staggeringly faulty itself. Would you care to show me how would you perform that comparison yourself? Maybe you are the one who'd qualify for a NASA job, though it's not certain whether the agency will be interested in your services.

Good luck with your application and stop being inane.
People file before you. First in first out process (at least for step 1). Saying that because less percentage of people filing one month after bonitanita has gotten Approval therefore it's ok is just driving her crazy. Seems to me that were you objective it would be easy to see that the earlier you file the earlier you should get stage 1 approval.

In any case too much said almost always means too little understood. Ciao

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Moving on.....

bonitanita said:
anyway, still no news for May yet today........ hopefully we hear something by the end of the day :)
Since there isn't much news this week, I'm hoping by end of week there will be a day where there's a good chunk done. I usually see (looking at the Buffalo thread history/US thread history) where at the beginning of week there's several who get news and then it's really quiet toward the end of the week... maybe it'll be reversed this week! :) Fingers crossed!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiri said:
Since there isn't much news this week, I'm hoping by end of week there will be a day where there's a good chunk done. I usually see (looking at the Buffalo thread history/US thread history) where at the beginning of week there's several who get news and then it's really quiet toward the end of the week... maybe it'll be reversed this week! :) Fingers crossed!
Agreed

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.