Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I am doomed :(

Listening 8.0
Reading 7.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5

Should I go for revaluation? What are the consequences of the same? Is there a chance that my score will be reduced? (Say Listening 8 to 7)

Please help :(

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I'm on the East coast of the US and mine just became available within the last hour.

Listening: 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing: 8.5
Speaking: 9.0

Overall: 8.5

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mo2016 said:
IELTS.. again in the coming 5th of March. I open this thread so we can share ideas and strategies.

1- what are you aiming for..CLB I guess !
2-Have you taken the exam before ? what are you your band scores ?
3-What are the resources you use , Cambridge 1-9 ?
4- Do you have any weakness points in specific , how do you plan to improve them ?
5- Any recommendations

People who are thinking of taking the IELTS later than March 5th may join as well , let us do it guys,

Cheers
Hey you! How did yours go?

oceanpie8

Mar 19, 2016
Hello Guys,
i am so glad to be here, i am in Lagos Lekki.
please i want to write General IELTS for Canada skilled jobs.
please i need to have study materials please i need to know what the exam is like and the techniques needed.
my email is oceanpie8@gmail.com

vtox_g@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
wenfeizh said:
Hey I just took the IELTS General today here in Vancouver DT.

About four years ago I took Academic and got 7. I started preparing for the General about 3 weeks before the test. Mainly to get in the testing mood (very important).

I was really sleepy in the morning so probably missed 2-3 questions in listening. Reading is easier than the Academic which I am very happy about lol. Writing wasn't too difficult either but time management is the key. I found myself a bit rushed towards the end and made some silly mistakes that could have been avoided. The old gentleman who interviewed me for speaking was a bit of a poker face. I wasn't sure if he likes me or not. But in the end he did tell me "keep up with the good work". So I hope this is a good thing?!!!

Best of luck to everyone!

hey i have my test on 2nd april.. I am very nervous about this can you pleas share some tips and also can you pleas let me know how big was the reading essay for all the sections(I am little weak in reading)

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
My score

Listening 7.5
Reading 8
Writing 7
Speaking 7

Missed CLB 9 by 0.5, have to book again, congratulations to those who made it through and best wishes for the rest runners, hopefully will make it guys..soon

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hello. I'm gonnatake my GT on April 01-02, 2016. Can somebody tell me the usual questions for speaking? Thanks

Maxi7681

Feb 18, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loriejane812 said:
If anyone wants to get more General IELTS Practice Tests or Online Practice Tests, just leave your email here, I will forward my IELTS materials for you which I used for my IELTS preparation to get band 8.5 :)
Can you share your material on m.babrawala@gmail.com

crbit9

Mar 4, 2012
uetian119 said:
My result of test on 5th March is withheld..any body can tell the expected date of getting result?
Mine too witheld result of 5 march,any update??????

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
loriejane812 said:
If anyone wants to get more General IELTS Practice Tests or Online Practice Tests, just leave your email here, I will forward my IELTS materials for you which I used for my IELTS preparation to get band 8.5 :)
Would you please forward practice material at harpreetsandhu286@gmail.com

Thank you!

budobuda

Feb 15, 2016
Hello there. Please send me a copy if your IELTS practice tests or online links/websites. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Br33zer said:
I am doomed :(

Listening 8.0
Reading 7.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5

Should I go for revaluation? What are the consequences of the same? Is there a chance that my score will be reduced? (Say Listening 8 to 7)

Please help :(
If you honestly feel that you did a better job in your writing test than 6.5, then you should request a re-evaluation. There are no consequences of this; in fact, you may stand to gain if your writing score increases by as little as 0.5 points. Either way, you need CLB 9 or more to get a high CRS score for Canada, and your current results are not sufficient.

IELTS will only reassess the section which you asked for (i.e. writing test) and they won't look at your other scores; So you are not at any risk of losing points in other sections. And if your writing score increases they will refund you of the fees you paid for the reassessment. I know this because I also requested a re-evaluation of my scores, I was very sure that my writing was better than 6.5 and indeed my scores went up. And I got my money back within 5days of the new result ;D

Anyways, this is just my own experience, whatever you decide is up to you. Good luck