+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ada747

Jul 23, 2024
We are in the same boat. Everything in progress in the tracker account. No update since Oct 27, 2023. I call the client center and file web forms but it is useless. They just told me to wait for the decision. :(o_O Nothing can do.

• Sad
Reactions: Canmigration

Canmigration

Apr 16, 2019
Hi all. Background marked completed in August 2024, then couple of day later switched back to in process. Everything else (language, test, physical presenc) was marked completed during March 2024. I had my fingerprints requested and submitted in June 2023. I am a March 2023 applicant. Does switching back background check mean they need new fingerprints taken? I havent received a new request for fingerprints. Thank you
The same thing happened to us. We had submitted the fingerprint in June 2023 and my wife's background was marked completed and mine was in progress. Later in April 2024, we were asked to submit the fingerprint again and at that time my wife's background changed to in process and after the fingerprint submission it's again switched back to completed! Mine is still remaining in progress! So I guess there's some kind of issues with our application.☹ It's been almost 1.5 years and except the test nothing is completed!!

Reactions: Moodstocanada

Moodstocanada

Apr 14, 2017
The same thing happened to us. We had submitted the fingerprint in June 2023 and my wife's background was marked completed and mine was in progress. Later in April 2024, we were asked to submit the fingerprint again and at that time my wife's background changed to in process and after the fingerprint submission it's again switched back to completed! Mine is still remaining in progress! So I guess there's some kind of issues with our application.☹ It's been almost 1.5 years and except the test nothing is completed!!
Thank you for replying. Do you know if your wife's switched back to in process after they requested the second set of FP or before? Mine changed to in process but they haven't requested new set of prints. Well they havent yet.

Canmigration

Apr 16, 2019
Thank you for replying. Do you know if your wife's switched back to in process after they requested the second set of FP or before? Mine changed to in process but they haven't requested new set of prints. Well they havent yet.
Not sure when did they change it. I think, I noticed it after receiving the fingerprint request! Your case may be different. Anyway wait for few more days to see any updates from their side.

Last edited:

Sreecan

Nov 1, 2018
Around 10 of my acquantiances all of whom applied in 2024,got their oath ceremony 2-3 months from date of applying.

Should have waited for 2024:)

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
I am March 2023 applucant. I gave interview on Aprul 4. Language, Citizensgip test, Background are completed but Physical presence and prohibition are in progress...when i contact irrc they say there no timess process as my processing time was already over and all.i need is to be patient.

Anyone with similar situation..
Asking so that if anyone is there with similar situation i can feel somewhat relaxed :)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I am March 2023 applucant. I gave interview on Aprul 4. Language, Citizensgip test, Background are completed but Physical presence and prohibition are in progress...when i contact irrc they say there no timess process as my processing time was already over and all.i need is to be patient.

Asking so that if anyone is there with similar situation i can feel somewhat relaxed :)
Mustafa, you might be in a security screening. have your ordered your notes to see?

nabd1

Nov 10, 2018

Same boat buddy, still waiting. I received GCMS notes this week but still no progress.

AnkitNiceP

Sep 6, 2024
I am also waiting from July 2023. Everything completed except Background verification and Prohibitions. GCMS shows Security Screening as blank. How much time security screening take normally ? year or more than that?

AnkitNiceP

Sep 6, 2024
March 2023 all green no oath since December 2023
Spouse
Ss progress in gcms
Prohibited in progress
Other not started

Kids nothing changed.
As per my understanding, if everything is completed for you and your spouse, then it is parental assesment for Kids which should be done as next step. I feel this can be expedited by local MP intervention on your behalf. Have you tried that route?

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
As per my understanding, if everything is completed for you and your spouse, then it is parental assesment for Kids which should be done as next step. I feel this can be expedited by local MP intervention on your behalf. Have you tried that route?

Mine all green

Wife Criminality is done Security clearance prohibited still in proces.

Gcms note security clearance in progress prohibited in progress. Kids file does not move at all.Since march twenty twenty three.

I did not try mp

AnkitNiceP

Sep 6, 2024
Mine all green

Wife Criminality is done Security clearance prohibited still in proces.

Gcms note security clearance in progress prohibited in progress. Kids file does not move at all.Since march twenty twenty three.

I did not try mp
Then it make sense... Mine is also in same condition. Mine is done, wife security pending from July 2023. I approached MP office, they told me that background is something which is not controlled by IRCC, as it is managed by third party (CBSA/CSIS), so they told that is where file struck, as clearance of kids is just a couple of days activity (more like routine work). This will be started once both parents are cleared in all sense.

Reactions: Smithlee9019