+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***March 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Is it normal to just receive a Biometric Instruction Letter, and no AOR yet? Or should I link the application first, to see all the processing details?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Is it normal to just receive a Biometric Instruction Letter, and no AOR yet? Or should I link the application first, to see all the processing details?
The normal sequence of events has gone out the window since covid came along. Since you have a BIL with the application number you can consider you have AOR. You might or might not get the actual AOR letter. With the app and UCI #'s you should be able to link it.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
The normal sequence of events has gone out the window since covid came along. Since you have a BIL with the application number you can consider you have AOR. You might or might not get the actual AOR letter. With the app and UCI #'s you should be able to link it.
Thanks! That's what I thought. For linking, I still need to wait for a few days, right? Before I can actually link the application? I actually tries using the online tool, it seems the application is not yet updated in the system. Besides, I just received the BIL today.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I have a GCKey account from my PR and Citizenship application, can I link my wife's PR application to my account, as well? I asked her to create her own account, and was supposed to link her application to that account. Is it possible to link her application to both our separate accounts?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a GCKey account from my PR and Citizenship application, can I link my wife's PR application to my account, as well? I asked her to create her own account, and was supposed to link her application to that account. Is it possible to link her application to both our separate accounts?
Can only be linked to one I believe.

Reactions: ashraf07 and MBTS

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
My spouse gave her medical exam sometime ago and its past the deadline but i see no change in the application status. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

paulson001

Jun 16, 2021
Is it mandatory for PA to create account and link application? Is there anyone who received SA,Medical or other request without creating PA account?

We have received AOR and linked application to Sponsors account. But no other updates after that.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Hi Fellows,

Just a question. Does it matter which Visa office they send the PA application? Is it really usually on the Visa office of the PA's citizenship, not on the current residence? (e.g. PA's British, but residing in Russia)

Thanks and Regards,

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Is it mandatory for PA to create account and link application? Is there anyone who received SA,Medical or other request without creating PA account?

We have received AOR and linked application to Sponsors account. But no other updates after that.
Refer to this link, as this would definitely help you in anticipating how the process works.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-outland-sponsorship-process.639134/

If the application is linked to either the Sponsor or PA, it is enough already, as you can't link it into 2 accounts.

Reactions: ashraf07

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Fellows,

Just a question. Does it matter which Visa office they send the PA application? Is it really usually on the Visa office of the PA's citizenship, not on the current residence? (e.g. PA's British, but residing in Russia)

Thanks and Regards,
All family class outland spousal applications where the PA is living outside Canada are submitted to Sydney.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-sydney-nova-scotia.html

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
All family class outland spousal applications where the PA is living outside Canada are submitted to Sydney.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-sydney-nova-scotia.html
Sponsorship Application is already approved, so the Principal Applicant’s application is now sent to the Visa Office for processing. The question is, do CPC Sydney usually send the PA’s application to the visa office of the Country of Citizenship and not the current Country of Residence?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Sponsorship Application is already approved, so the Principal Applicant’s application is now sent to the Visa Office for processing. The question is, do CPC Sydney usually send the PA’s application to the visa office of the Country of Citizenship and not the current Country of Residence?
Sorry. guess I missed your real question. Would normally be country of citizenship but these days they are sending them to other VO's to share the work load.

Reactions: ashraf07 and MBTS

misterfeather

Apr 1, 2020
Hey, you can check the status by putting the receipt number of your payment receipt.
It’s been a while since you replied but I tried this and the menu does not give me an option to use the receipt number. It asks me to press a certain number if the application number starts with a certain letter (in my case the number on the receipt starts with R) but R is not an option in the menu. Im not sure if I’m just being dumb but I still cannot figure how where I’m supposed to enter the receipt number… I tried filling out a web form to contact them but I haven’t heard back in over three weeks through that method either.

Still no contact after the application was accepted on March 5th. By now I’m sure we did something wrong but I just haven’t heard anything at all. Very frustrating…

Uzma21

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
It’s been a while since you replied but I tried this and the menu does not give me an option to use the receipt number. It asks me to press a certain number if the application number starts with a certain letter (in my case the number on the receipt starts with R) but R is not an option in the menu. Im not sure if I’m just being dumb but I still cannot figure how where I’m supposed to enter the receipt number… I tried filling out a web form to contact them but I haven’t heard back in over three weeks through that method either.

Still no contact after the application was accepted on March 5th. By now I’m sure we did something wrong but I just haven’t heard anything at all. Very frustrating…
The receipt number of our payment also starts with R000000 Write the complete number and you'll surely get the status from ECAS