+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
It does seem that for some applications the Medical is completed more towards the end of the process; I’ve seen speculation that this is often due to the PA country of origin and that the medical is deferred to later as the processing time is longer for those countries, although I’ve seen no concrete evidence to back this up.
however here in kuwait i have checked and medical office for kuwait is opened and even i called just to get pricing and they told me they could book us in next day if we have the letter. so im not sure its because of the country regulations here or due to corona.... usually outland applications medical is done beginning and inland its near the end. this is why im confused to why i havent got it yet.

Reactions: armoured

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
however here in kuwait i have checked and medical office for kuwait is opened and even i called just to get pricing and they told me they could book us in next day if we have the letter. so im not sure its because of the country regulations here or due to corona.... usually outland applications medical is done beginning and inland its near the end. this is why im confused to why i havent got it yet.
If you have a look through the trackers for last year, there are definitely some Outland applicants who received their medical much later on in the process. I wouldn’t be overly concerned as it does appear to vary.

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
I called IRCC again. They gave me a file number starting with Letter F. The lady on the call said that I may not be able to link it yet. File received at NS on 24th March.

Reactions: Gam14

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I called IRCC again. They gave me a file number starting with Letter F. The lady on the call said that I may not be able to link it yet. File received at NS on 24th March.
Awesome! Did you ask anything else?
Also did she say that was a temporary number?

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Awesome! Did you ask anything else?
Also did she say that was a temporary number?
No. I felt there was no point in asking about AOR1 as I presumed that there wont be any satisfactory answer.
She said its too early to link it but this will be my file number.

Reactions: rrss13

neptune18

Sep 16, 2020
Hey! Hoping someone here might've gone through this already / someone knows the answer. My spouse and I currently live in the UK and applied through Outland spousal sponsorship (app recieived 12th March), we haven't heard anything yet but plan to travel to Canada in January where my spouse will stay as a visitor as long as they allow (up to 6 months).
I am a Canadian citizen, but the rules/regulations aren't that clear on IRCC's website about landing in Canada as a foreign national (my spouse). It says foreign nationals are exempt from the restrictions if they have an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, it doesn't say whether that Canadian citizen needs to be in Canada or whether we can travel together... does anyone know if they'd let my spouse in with me, since it's technically not us "reuniting" but rather us reuniting with my family. Thanks in advance for any info!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey! Hoping someone here might've gone through this already / someone knows the answer. My spouse and I currently live in the UK and applied through Outland spousal sponsorship (app recieived 12th March), we haven't heard anything yet but plan to travel to Canada in January where my spouse will stay as a visitor as long as they allow (up to 6 months).
I am a Canadian citizen, but the rules/regulations aren't that clear on IRCC's website about landing in Canada as a foreign national (my spouse). It says foreign nationals are exempt from the restrictions if they have an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, it doesn't say whether that Canadian citizen needs to be in Canada or whether we can travel together... does anyone know if they'd let my spouse in with me, since it's technically not us "reuniting" but rather us reuniting with my family. Thanks in advance for any info!
You can travel together.

Reactions: neptune18

sonia1091

Jun 27, 2017
Did anyone have idea how Indians will do biometrics as all VFS are closed in India, As some ppl get biometrics request on september 15th