+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone! How long does it take to get a medical request for outland sponsorship applications after submitting biometrics?
Hey! Have you gotten AOR? What’s your timeline? Looks like none of the March applicants have gotten medical requests yet

Reactions: DiiDii

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding biometrics for spousal sponsorship. I am a permanent resident of Canada and will be sponsoring my wife who is in India currently to come to Canada as a PR. In the google spreadsheet, I see that there is a column for biometrics and lots of people are getting request for that even before sponsor approval. Isn't biometrics request for spouse and has to happen at spouse's visa office (India in my case) after sponsor has been approved and files moved to India visa office? I am confused. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question regarding biometrics for spousal sponsorship. I am a permanent resident of Canada and will be sponsoring my wife who is in India currently to come to Canada as a PR. In the google spreadsheet, I see that there is a column for biometrics and lots of people are getting request for that even before sponsor approval. Isn't biometrics request for spouse and has to happen at spouse's visa office (India in my case) after sponsor has been approved and files moved to India visa office? I am confused. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Biometrics can be done at any office worldwide - not visa offices but the visa application centres or other third parties (n.b. different in Canada). For outland the biometrics request has generally been around the same time as AOR1 / spouse approval, and well before file gets moved (although decision to move file may be in system after spouse approval). So there's no formal link between the visa office getting the file and the biometrics request or submission of bio.

Covid may be changing the precise ordering and not something you should worry about timing of, esp if earlier. Also note, not all files get moved to visa offices abroad, some get shifted to eg Mississauga.

(As spouse approval has a human doing evaluation i.e. subject to delays and staff availability, and bio request more automated, order of what happens may be adjusted internally.)

At any rate upshot is the same, shouldn't bother you if you get biometrics request earlier.

Reactions: Abhinandhan7

Enb123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi
In January my husband applied PR for me and later in feb i got biometric and medical request and i completed the medical as well ..later in march i did not receive any updates bcz of covid lockdown
Can anyone let me know what would be the next process after VFS opened in INDIA

neetaadigoel

Sep 18, 2020
Hi - i see 5 people got aor on sep 15. Is this real or someone is messing with our feelings again?
Hi All,
I have submitted my husband sponsorship outland file on 17 June but I have not received any AOR yet. Is it normal? Anyone who applied in june received their AOR?

Rizwan.169

Star Member
Apr 27, 2020
Feb 28, 2020: File received
Mar 12,2020: AOR1
Medical: waiting
Fingerprint: waiting
Complete silence
7 month passed
Anyone who applied in February received fingerprint or medical request ?

Reactions: drainer

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020

Ammar306

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hey guys can you add me to the spreadsheet

outland sponsorship application received March 19, 2020. PA from Pakistan