05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
harulion said:
Mine was returned less than a month after they had received it. By the time I got the application back in my mail it was exactly a month from when I had initially sent it to cic.
if you don't find me asking
what was wrong with your application?

did IRCC let u know that they were sending back the application?

thanks

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
No AOR1 yet. March 7 victim here.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
iSuperman said:
No AOR1 yet. March 7 victim here.
what is this March 7 victim im hearing?

DID IRCC make mistake or something?

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
ojofar said:
what is this March 7 victim im hearing?

DID IRCC make mistake or something?
Many March 07 applicants haven't received an AOR1 yet and many got. So I fall under first category.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
When speaking with CIC yesterday i raised a concern about not receiving my SA yet... and she told me that it can take 30-40 days for SA... she said if i hear nothing my april 1 (because my app was received march 1) to call back and see what the issue is... i got a request for schedule a yesterday and updated photos of my husbands son which i have to send to mexico.... so im assuming things are good they are just delayed in sending the notifications.. dont get discouraged guys and try not to compare yourselves to others.. i know its tough but everyone is different and unique :)

harulion

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
leahbird said:
March 7 victim here too, however, we just received our AOR. I guess the third time was a charm. Stay hopeful!
Sorry, can you give us more details about this" being your third time"?
- Was your application sent back to you twice?
OR
-Did you mean you called cic three times?

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
A quick update after yesterday's freak-out. I heard from someone else on the forum who forgot to include a form in their application and was told by CIC to mail it in and hope (no guarantee) that it could be attached to their file before it was processed. Not sure what their outcome was. So, after mailing in my app yesterday and discovering that I may have needed the Use of a Representative form or it may get sent back due to the mailing address we listed for me - I overnighted that form to them today. So they received my app today, and will be receiving that form tomorrow. No idea at all if that will do me any good... but it's worth a shot. I at least feel a little better now that I've done everything I can. I will still be super bummed if it gets sent back (but I am mentally prepared for that at this point.) As someone who got all straight A's in school, getting this application sent back once (and now, potentially twice) is making me feel like a pretty big dummy :-[

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
viva-c said:
A quick update after yesterday's freak-out. I heard from someone else on the forum who forgot to include a form in their application and was told by CIC to mail it in and hope (no guarantee) that it could be attached to their file before it was processed. Not sure what their outcome was. So, after mailing in my app yesterday and discovering that I may have needed the Use of a Representative form or it may get sent back due to the mailing address we listed for me - I overnighted that form to them today. So they received my app today, and will be receiving that form tomorrow. No idea at all if that will do me any good... but it's worth a shot. I at least feel a little better now that I've done everything I can. I will still be super bummed if it gets sent back (but I am mentally prepared for that at this point.) As someone who got all straight A's in school, getting this application sent back once (and now, potentially twice) is making me feel like a pretty big dummy :-[
hey correct me if i'm wrong the form : Use of a Representative isn't mandatory?
why is the CIC asking for Use of a Representative form from you?
Did u use lawyer?

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
ojofar said:
Did u use lawyer?
I am staying in Canada with my husband as a visitor, but technically I am still a U.S. resident. So for the part of the application where you put your mailing and residential addresses, we put my U.S. address as my residential address and his Canadian address as my mailing address. As you can imagine, this is a very common thing to do. However, there have been many people on this forum who have had their applications sent back to them if they did this, which I was not aware of until yesterday after I had already mailed in my application. CIC sends back the application and requests the Representative form so that your spouse can receive mail/communications on your behalf, since you put their mailing address as your mailing address. Pretty dumb, eh? It seems like a toss-up if the application gets sent back or not, but I saw many many posts from people who this has happened to over the past year or so, so I went ahead and sent in the form just in case.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
to those in the group who have their AOR1 and SA, what does the table on GC key say under background check and application status?

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
ojofar said:
Did u use lawyer?
no she made a mistake by using spouse address instead of hers. to cic its like you are using someone else contact so it counts as use of representative and they expect u to submit d use of rep form. a few pple made that error and got their forms returned. she submitted d form yesterday, came to this forum and realize she made an error and quickly sent d use of rep form in before they will return her file