Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
maledil said:
Hello other March people!

I'm trying to find out why I can't get any information from the online system (ECAS I think?). Just a quick background my Common-Law Husband is from the US. We submitted our outland application in March. So far all I've received is an email on May 11th. It is an automated message confirming they received my application on March 23/16. The email came with a UCI number and an Application No. I've tried using both to check the status of our application but it just says it can't find it. Its frustrating because I'm not sure if I use the UCI or the App No. or if the name and info I enter is mine or my Husband. I've even seen some info that the UCI is supposed to have a hyphen in it and the letter doesn't show that.

I'm pretty sure that by now I should have known whether I was approved for a sponsor.

Anyway if you guys have any help with this I'd really appreciate it!

more than likely you won't be able to access ECAS until AFTER sponsor approval. ECAS really isn't the best resource to find out what's happening with your file since usually it's updated AFTER CIC has already contacted you. Also, if neither the sponsor or the applicant has ever dealt with immigration before, then it is even more likely there won't be access until after SA. Generally, the people who can see information have had previous CIC applications (ie: visitor, study, work visas, extensions, etc.)

If you still want to try, usually only the sponsor can access it through the AOR. also, the UCI# on the AOR is the sponsor's, not the applicant's, so you'll want to use the sponsor's personal info. The applicant may not be able to access it until the file is actually picked up for processing. Again, ECAS isn't reliable, and it's really not going to tell you anything you don't already know.

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
So I have a question for all you Paris VO applicants that have gone through this already or anyone that has any suggestions.
We just got an email stating to fill out this form and send back. Supplementary Information: Your Travels Form IMM 5562
It's my understanding that this form is only required by the Paris VO ::)
My husband is the Principal Applicant and I am the Sponsor...
On the section of Spouses travel for the past 10 years I'm not sure how to fill this out...
On a couple of my trips to Canada I stopped off in other places in the USA to visit family while enroute to or from visiting my immediate family in Canada.
New York for a week to visit a cousin on my way back home to Spain. Another trip I went to Denver 1st for a week visiting family then on to Canada for a month....
My question is, do I need to detail separately these visits enroute or just put destination Calgary, Canada and leave out the detailed enroute visits??
Any suggestions for me??

BTW: We haven't received SA yet on Sponsor but I guess Paris VO asking for this additional form means that we got it??... They started working on our application April 19, 2016 and both sides still say "In Process"

Def Patrick

Apr 28, 2016
Singh23 said:
You are approved and they have already started processing the PR application of your spouse !!
buonqua said:
yep you were approved for SA on April 26th. congratz. Did you receive e-mail? Check your junk mailbox but otherwise you got SA.
Wow! That is good news! I never received an email. So what should I be expecting now? My wife did not do medical yet, is that what's next?

Kanadianm

Jan 31, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-05-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-07-2016
yijiequ said:
holy... you are way past the processing days. did you find a MP for help?
No I didn't, how do I go about getting help? I'm just so frustrated as I can't even call CIC properly as I work during all of their call hours. I can sometimes cut it REALLY close in the morning and call them 8:00am but depending on how long it takes I can't always stay on the line to be calling in on a more regular basis. I've called maybe 8 times so far in the past couple months.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Kanadianm said:
No I didn't, how do I go about getting help? I'm just so frustrated as I can't even call CIC properly as I work during all of their call hours. I can sometimes cut it REALLY close in the morning and call them 8:00am but depending on how long it takes I can't always stay on the line to be calling in on a more regular basis. I've called maybe 8 times so far in the past couple months.
forget about the call centre.. time to ask your MP's help.. google where your local MP office is; go there with your cic acknowledge letter and ask them for a help.

singviet

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016, AOR2: 24-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015, Re-medical: 5-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2017
LANDED..........
12-05-2017
No status change for me this week:

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor <MY WIFE> on March 8, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 2, 2016.
We started processing your application on April 1, 2016.

PR

We received <MY WIFE's> application for permanent residence on March 8, 2016.
We started processing <MY WIFE's> application on April 25, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

So if I'm understanding some of the other comments here, my SA application is already approved? That would be great, but I haven't received any SA notification from CIC by email or snail mail about it.

Either way, what would be the next steps? DM? Anybody know roughly how long the rest of the process takes?

stebuwilson

May 9, 2016
I filed to sponsor my wife sometime in late March and I already got the "CSPO final request" (less than 2 months... really?) email today asking her to submit her passport. I'm confused about the Appendix B where it says she needs to list her spouse on the form "whether accompanying with her to Canada or not"... does she need to put me, her sponsor?

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
I think your SA is approved.. otherwise it would be like mine "application received" on the PR side.
singviet said:
No status change for me this week:

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor <MY WIFE> on March 8, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 2, 2016.
We started processing your application on April 1, 2016.

PR

We received <MY WIFE's> application for permanent residence on March 8, 2016.
We started processing <MY WIFE's> application on April 25, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

So if I'm understanding some of the other comments here, my SA application is already approved? That would be great, but I haven't received any SA notification from CIC by email or snail mail about it.

Either way, what would be the next steps? DM? Anybody know roughly how long the rest of the process takes?

Kanadianm

Jan 31, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-05-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-07-2016
yijiequ said:
forget about the call centre.. time to ask your MP's help.. google where your local MP office is; go there with your cic acknowledge letter and ask them for a help.
Ok I sent an email. Called, no answer and their hours of operation are flippin' 5 hours a day 4 days of the week, right in the middle of the day, when I am of course working :/. So ridiculous, I *need* to work right now, and I'm not allowed to ask for time off yet. Fresh out of University and since my husband is obviously unable to work since being asked to leave to a Global South country, things are ridiculously tight. REALLY hope he answers his email. I am so mad at CIC and the entire system right now. /end rant.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Kanadianm said:
Ok I sent an email. Called, no answer and their hours of operation are flippin' 5 hours a day 4 days of the week, right in the middle of the day, when I am of course working :/. So ridiculous, I *need* to work right now, and I'm not allowed to ask for time off yet. Fresh out of University and since my husband is obviously unable to work since being asked to leave to a Global South country, things are ridiculously tight. REALLY hope he answers his email. I am so mad at CIC and the entire system right now. /end rant.
oh my... where the heck you live? you must have a busy MP office or what? i went to my MP office. they were closed on Monday; but the staff there was kind enough and asked me to leave my contact and the case worker called me back a day later. dont be mad.. it's the bureaucracy.. same anywhere in the world. cuz if you are mad right now; you still have a long way to go.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Now I am truly confused...

Applied on March 10. AOR on April 5. No documents ever requested. I was told on May 2 that I was just approved as sponsor. May 10th, my wife gets AOR2 from NDVO. I call in today to ask why I am not sent SA letter, and the agent says.... That it is just today that I got approved as a sponsor... What the actual F are they smoking over there in Mississauga?

How does any of this make sense?

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
deepax said:
Now I am truly confused...

Applied on March 10. AOR on April 5. No documents ever requested. I was told on May 2 that I was just approved as sponsor. May 10th, my wife gets AOR2 from NDVO. I call in today to ask why I am not sent SA letter, and the agent says.... That it is just today that I got approved as a sponsor... What the actual F are they smoking over there in Mississauga?

How does any of this make sense?
what your E-cas said?

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
yijiequ said:
what your E-cas said?
In Process for both. eCAS never changes to 'Decision Made' for Sponsor side, right?

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
deepax said:
In Process for both. eCAS never changes to 'Decision Made' for Sponsor side, right?
so i think you are SA for sure then...