Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Joot said:
First of all thank you Decoy for your time,
No she don't have any criminal history in the USA and we don't mind if they process in Ottawa but the thing is I haven't got my SA yet when I called cic today they said wait till July 4th if you don't hear anything from cic call back is this normal?
Then she will most likely be processed in Ottawa, which is currently taking anywhere around 1-4 months. Americans are normally processed in Ottawa, not Los Angeles.

I wouldn't worry too much. The call center tends to be very unhelpful. A lot of people are still waiting for SA and only a few April applicants have gotten SA yet. The website says 37 days, but I think that's far from accurate right now. I'm at 41 days.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
so I received a call from my own MP assistance. she took further more information from me and told me she would work on it. I expected to receive a call from her in a week. I told her I gonna try to get her a visitor visa. She gave me a warning that the chance is slim. as we have a pending PR.

i am a little bid upset. How does CIC expect a married couple to meet up? my parents wanna see my wife in my wedding here in Nanaimo, B.C. let's hope I can get her the visa.

Mrs.AB

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th april'16
Doc's Request.
28 oct 2016
AOR Received.
13th may '16
File Transfer...
13th june '16
Med's Done....
Upfront april '16
Passport Req..
21st nov 2016
yijiequ said:
so I received a call from my own MP assistance. she took further more information from me and told me she would work on it. I expected to receive a call from her in a week. I told her I gonna try to get her a visitor visa. She gave me a warning that the chance is slim. as we have a pending PR.

i am a little bid upset. How does CIC expect a married couple to meet up? my parents wanna see my wife in my wedding here in Nanaimo, B.C. let's hope I can get her the visa.
Just apply .. even if ur application get rejected atleast u wont hav any doubts aftrwrds... give proof of strong ties as much as u can.. and apply

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Mrs.AB said:
Just apply .. even if ur application get rejected atleast u wont hav any doubts aftrwrds... give proof of strong ties as much as u can.. and apply
thats what i thought too... you know.. i really feel disappointed. I work for the same federal gov on a different level. my boss was the old RCMP commissioner. I even told the MP assistance. You, me and CIC work for the same Federal gov.. MP assistance told me she did not make the rule. i really feel the time of my service to this federal government should deserve me a visitor visa of my wife.

Mrs.AB

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th april'16
Doc's Request.
28 oct 2016
AOR Received.
13th may '16
File Transfer...
13th june '16
Med's Done....
Upfront april '16
Passport Req..
21st nov 2016
yijiequ said:
thats what i thought too... you know.. i really feel disappointed. I work for the same federal gov on a different level. my boss was the old RCMP commissioner. I even told the MP assistance. You, me and CIC work for the same Federal gov.. MP assistance told me she did not make the rule. i really feel the time of my service to this federal government should deserve me a visitor visa of my wife.
Thats bcz trudeau is against favourtism nd discrimination haha.. dnt think too side ways just apply nd pray

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
deepax said:
Yes. I am March 10 applicant and I never received either.

I think visa officer's dog ate both ours SA letter.

LOL :p

Tater

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
15-014-2016
As a former member of the FORCES, if all of us started using our employment as a way to get our spouses here, that might not go over so well. Although it is frustrating to wait for your spouse and frustrating when you are denied a VV, the government is doing a job by validating and looking at all the people who want to enter Canada. Our country is the best in the world. Just because you work for the Federal Gov does not make you better than the next person in line to get their spouse here.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
deepax said:
Yes. I am March 10 applicant and I never received either.

I think visa officer's dog ate both ours SA letter.
This just made my husband laugh. Though they had requested for additional documents he feels that our application may have taken the same route.

I guess there is a bit of confusion at CIC with some officers being lazy and some agents "rude" and not able to handle us the clients well.

I wish these two people the officer and the agent could understand how hard it is for a newly married couple to stay apart.

Apr 12, 2016
Hi There,

Husband is Egyptian im Canadian. Been together around 3 and a half years and married since last April.

My work is seasonal in Canada just 4 or 5 months of the year at a hotel which I have worked there the last 4 years. After the 4 or 5 months my work finishes I go back to Egypt to stay with my hubby as he cant come to Canada obviously. I have started the papers for visa however im told I am supposed to be on Canadian soil 6 months of the year or live outside Canada as long as we are planning on living in Canada once the visa is accepted. The choice on the visa papers is those living exclusively outside Canada (which im not, I work in Canada about 4 to 5 months of the year). What do I do on the visa papers in this regard??

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Emily

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I don't know how you do your taxes but since I got married last year I made sure to stay a total of 183 days in Canada split amongst 2 trips/year back and forth to Vietnam. Otherwise if I spend less than total 183 days in a calendar year in Canada I would be deemed a non-resident of Canada for tax purposes and would pay hefty disposition income on all my assets and investments and any income I earned would be foreign taxed.

But of course if you can show strong ties to Canada the government may deem you a resident but one of those ties is spouse and children.

What I mentioned is just something to be aware of and it's up to you to look into. Maybe just stay an extra month or 2 in Canada for the short term pain but you gain more in the long term having your husband be in Canada with you.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
buonqua said:
I don't know how you do your taxes but since I got married last year I made sure to stay a total of 183 days in Canada split amongst 2 trips/year back and forth to Vietnam. Otherwise if I spend less than total 183 days in a calendar year in Canada I would be deemed a non-resident of Canada for tax purposes and would pay hefty disposition income on all my assets and investments and any income I earned would be foreign taxed.

But of course if you can show strong ties to Canada the government may deem you a resident but one of those ties is spouse and children.

What I mentioned is just something to be aware of and it's up to you to look into. Maybe just stay an extra month or 2 in Canada for the short term pain but you gain more in the long term having your husband be in Canada with you.
There are plenty of other factors that goes in as "ties" - bank accounts, phone companies, credit checks. CRA can scrutinize these, and deem you resident even if you don't have kids...

Joot

Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Up front
Decoy24601 said:
Then she will most likely be processed in Ottawa, which is currently taking anywhere around 1-4 months. Americans are normally processed in Ottawa, not Los Angeles.

I wouldn't worry too much. The call center tends to be very unhelpful. A lot of people are still waiting for SA and only a few April applicants have gotten SA yet. The website says 37 days, but I think that's far from accurate right now. I'm at 41 days.
Alright thank you :)

BHEJ

May 17, 2016
HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY FRIEND SPONSORSHIP CASE. SHE LANDED IN CANADA FEB 2014 WITH HER SPOUSAL ON FEDERAL SKILLED PROGRAM. AFTER THAT THEY FILLED DIVORCE WITH MUTUAL CONSENT IN JANUARY 2015 AND GOT DECISION IN JULY 2015. NOW SHE MARRIED AGAIN AND WANT TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN DIVORCE PAPER IT IS MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE SEPARATED BY NOVEMBER 2013. MY QUESTION IS .....WILL CIC AERIES AN QUESTION ABOUT HER PREVIOUS SEPARATION....LIKE HOW THEY WERE LANDED TOGETHER IN JAN 2014, IF THEY WERE SEPARATED IN JANUARY 2013.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
nartcr said:
There are plenty of other factors that goes in as "ties" - bank accounts, phone companies, credit checks. CRA can scrutinize these, and deem you resident even if you don't have kids...
yes you are correct but there are strong ones and secondary ones. I own a house in Canada too which I think is a strong tie. If it's just the ones you listed I would stay in Vietnam right now until my spouse gets her application approved.

But each individual situation is different so I would do my own due diligence.