+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
the_14th said:
Congrats Doljan! You were late in getting sponsorship approval but got your visa earlier than most of your July-mates! That's awesome! :)
thanks, yes my wife was the last one to be approved for july applicants... but as what i've previously mention, it didn't bother me waiting as long as it falls to the processing time stated in cic website... and with my visa, it still fall within their processing time so i'm thankful,.. :) :)
for those who are still waiting, just be patient... if it is still within the processing time, no need to worry or stress out, but if it goes beyond the processing time then thats the time you need to take extra step regarding with your application..
i'm hoping all of us applicants will be in canada soon... ;)

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Well that looks like the end of PPR,s for March... now with the Good Friday holiday we start new again for April.... Wow is it ever getting slow now... alot of people over the average of 180 days....with no PPR and Mississauga moving faster.... this is going to be my wifes 51st birthday.... March 28th... second one I have missed... and she has missed 2 of mine ... I,m 53.... and both of us have no children... from the way the PPR,s are moving looks like another 4 months for a PPR...instead of 18 days to be at 180 days....It also looks like alot of us will be doing meds all over again.... how many of us have paid the whole amount in full of 1040.00 dollars because they say it would be faster....they should have asked us to also pay 5200 peso more because your meds will expire anyways...and do them again 6 months after you send it to Mississauga.... why can the Gov,t do 30 million tax returns in 4 months and can,t get a married couple together in 1 year....but WOW!!! took the money online in 5 mins.... I hope all of us at 180 days get a PPR in 180 days... but not likely.... I feel for all of you waiting....Hey we have to assume our application is there.... and I hope the CEM cc.. a copy to the sponsor when we get a PPR...I have heard the CEM has made mistakes not writing the spouse in Manila.... by email... so heres the time line.... 2 birthdays each missed... 2 Christmas missed... 2 deaths in the family hoping to see us together... and over 45,000 dollars spent.... priceless.... good luck to us all!!!!!

kickkass

Mar 13, 2013
gortandmugs said:
Well that looks like the end of PPR,s for March... now with the Good Friday holiday we start new again for April.... Wow is it ever getting slow now... alot of people over the average of 180 days....with no PPR and Mississauga moving faster.... this is going to be my wifes 51st birthday.... March 28th... second one I have missed... and she has missed 2 of mine ... I,m 53.... and both of us have no children... from the way the PPR,s are moving looks like another 4 months for a PPR...instead of 18 days to be at 180 days....It also looks like alot of us will be doing meds all over again.... how many of us have paid the whole amount in full of 1040.00 dollars because they say it would be faster....they should have asked us to also pay 5200 peso more because your meds will expire anyways...and do them again 6 months after you send it to Mississauga.... why can the Gov,t do 30 million tax returns in 4 months and can,t get a married couple together in 1 year....but WOW!!! took the money online in 5 mins.... I hope all of us at 180 days get a PPR in 180 days... but not likely.... I feel for all of you waiting....Hey we have to assume our application is there.... and I hope the CEM cc.. a copy to the sponsor when we get a PPR...I have heard the CEM has made mistakes not writing the spouse in Manila.... by email... so heres the time line.... 2 birthdays each missed... 2 Christmas missed... 2 deaths in the family hoping to see us together... and over 45,000 dollars spent.... priceless.... good luck to us all!!!!!
Oh good luck to us.. buy a carton or blackboard, write *WELGA AKO* and go to CEM, stand there and say your blah blah blah!!

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
kickkass said:
Oh good luck to us.. buy a carton or blackboard, write *WELGA AKO* and go to CEM, stand there and say your blah blah blah!!
yeah!!!! but your just a newbie..... wait till you wait....over a year..... you should be called jackass......

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
kickkass said:
People are allowed to express their frustrations. We all need support here, no matter how we voice it. You guys can discuss the way you like in the Tagalog thread.. so I'm sure he can express his feelings in the way he likes here. We're all here to support each other.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
gortandmugs said:
yeah!!!! but your just a newbie..... wait till you wait....over a year.....
I think it's a special user name because they're afraid to speak their mind as their regular screen name. Nobody creates a user name called Kickass for no reason :p :p especially right after a post they don't like. Some people just can't handle direct confrontation. You're not making a lot of fans around here gortandmugs! But I understand your frustration and I think we all need to stick together.

kickkass

Mar 13, 2013
gortandmugs said:
yeah!!!! but your just a newbie..... wait till you wait....over a year..... you should be called jackass......
Yes i am just a newbie here.. been in a relationship with my sponsor for almost 8 years, and now we're still waiting because of cic.. how long you've been waiting for your wife? 2 years? oh you're 53 not 23..

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
kickkass said:
Yes i am just a newbie here.. been in a relationship with my sponsor for almost 8 years, and now we're still waiting because of cic.. how long you've been waiting for your wife? 2 years? oh you're 53 not 23..
Wow, 8 years, good luck with your visa soon. We have been together over 6 years and counting, the first 3 years mostly in person and the rest just waiting.

kickkass

Mar 13, 2013
Steph C said:
Wow, 8 years, good luck with your visa soon. We have been together over 6 years and counting, the first 3 years mostly in person and the rest just waiting.
Yes..8 years with 1 child. Many of us here waited 5 years or more like you Steph, just cant understand why gortmugs always write a bitter post. Anyway goodluck to us..COngratulations Steph!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
kickkass said:
Yes..8 years with 1 child. Many of us here waited 5 years or more like you Steph, just cant understand why gortmugs always write a bitter post. Anyway goodluck to us..COngratulations Steph!
You don't need to respond to his bitterness if it bothers you. He like myself are citizens no previous marriages or kids. Very straight forard and easy applications. Should not take more that 3 months tops but we get buried under the weight and mess of PR's and their families. I check in here everyday to see people who applied months after I did talk about their spouses landing date. I, like him get sick of PR's who have done little for their new country tell us how the feel or what to say.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what i've read from one of the post in manila thread who have a chance to go to cem the office is small and few staff for an embassy. Maybe that is why they cant handle the volume of applicants in philippines.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
comarxx said:
From what i've read from one of the post in manila thread who have a chance to go to cem the office is small and few staff for an embassy. Maybe that is why they cant handle the volume of applicants in philippines.
Of this I have no doubt. The government closes the Seoul office which adds to the volume in Manila without increasing the staff to manage it. Sounds like a Conservative move to me.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
One thing is true - the backlog is bigger then the current processing movement. It's bottlenecking. At the moment it's only apparent to us and the people working for CIC.. that's why they are trying to save their numbers by pushing out visas right before the medicals expire. If the application fee was higher they could hire more officers. I remember reading that CEM did a huge upgrade to their facilities a few years back and I can't help but wonder if this was the governments plan all along. Canada hires a lot of workers from the Philippines and they have big families. The processing time will double again but I don't think the government or the Canadian people care enough to make any changes. I'm just thankful we got our application in before another big change happens.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
One thing is true - the backlog is bigger then the current processing movement. It's bottlenecking. At the moment it's only apparent to us and the people working for CIC.. that's why they are trying to save their numbers by pushing out visas right before the medicals expire. If the application fee was higher they could hire more officers. I remember reading that CEM did a huge upgrade to their facilities a few years back and I can't help but wonder if this was the governments plan all along. Canada hires a lot of workers from the Philippines and they have big families. The processing time will double again but I don't think the government or the Canadian people care enough to make any changes. I'm just thankful we got our application in before another big change happens.
The fee that you pay covers the cost to process your application from start to finish. So whatever the government is trying to do is to meet and economic policy at the expense of the people who need to use it. What do they care? Most of CIC's "customers" don't vote so why appease their needs? Another 6 months and the processing time will go up another 2 months.
This is why there should be a separate processing queue for citizens.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
The fee that you pay covers the cost to process your application from start to finish. So whatever the government is trying to do is to meet and economic policy at the expense of the people who need to use it. What do they care? Most of CIC's "customers" don't vote so why appease their needs? Another 6 months and the processing time will go up another 2 months.
This is why there should be a separate processing queue for citizens.
I can't see any incentive for them to make processing times any better. Unless we proved our spouses were also hard workers and could fill a job that was in-demand. That would be the best of both worlds :D

I could just imagine that separate queue. There would be a big rush for Citizenship all over the place ::) lol

Also, it would totally change the demographic of spouses coming in. Perhaps a lot more people from Europe, the USA and India and unfortunately less Filipinos. Maybe I'm biased but I would rather have more Filipinos any day :D They are waaaay cuter :p