+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Steph C said:
Maybe split it up into sentences and add some capitals at the beginning, so they know you're a Canadian citizen. Oh, and don't forget your File number!
BTW, Jeep Guy's email was great. I am thinking of writing one also.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JGM613 said:
Greets ALL!!!
FOUND you....read this weekend about an English thread relating to Manila specifically! :eek:) I'm just about to file an app for Permanent Residency..wife and I were married in January this past year. HER docs are en route now and are somewhere between Anchorage and Memphis..I'm eastern Ontario.

I guess primarily why I'm posting is to ask if anyone has experience or knows of any situation where they're wives or fiance's have been previously granted a Temp Resident for a family meet and greet and returned to the PH when they said they were going to AND does this speed up the process or make it smoother?

Ive been reading here and there throughout this forum and have found a supposed timeline and Ive checked the Excel flow charts that track file process times.

I cant find any situation that is similar to ours in the sense that she's been recently been granted the temp previous to the wedding.

Can anybody MAYBE give me an idea if this temp visa issued and used in the Fall of 2012 might benefit our process?

Thanks everybody! :)
Hey JGM613! Welcome to our little bunch :D
The fact that she got a TRV is great! It shows that she left Canada as supposed to. However it won't speed up the process at all. It's useful as relationship evidence, just as we use our denied TRV's as evidence. BUT if you wanted to get her another TRV I think your chances of success are high. The sad truth is that some of us can get TRV's for our spouses and some cannot.. you're lucky your spouse had enough ties and assets to get one! Did you ever think of getting her another one and applying inland? OR is it possible she could apply outland, come here and wait out the process in Canada? You will be looking at a year's waiting time from what we are seeing now.

So you want to have a speedy process.. just make the most clean and organized application you can, and be sure to consult the checklist a few times to make sure. Think in advance if there are any red flags or unusual things about your relationship and try to explain them in your application. Things that would need explaining would be children from other people.. or an age gap.. or a brief period of courtship. You can look at your relationship yourself and see what will need explaining. Make sure you have ALL the documents. Don't forget for your wife to include an Advisory on Marriage (Or a Cenomar from before your marriage)
Make sure you have adequate photos of your wedding and of your wife meeting your family.
There is a pretty thorough FAQ below that somebody on this forum put together:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LF-oK0c_F9kKPfiP9MjlKZZ1RzqQVCRLOKWV3QsRGZI/edit?hl=fil&pli=1

Here's our spreadsheet so you can get an idea of best and worst case scenarios
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCLbbZupkY_dHJRT2R1alhXS2xaUzFTcHZsTUhVbHc#gid=0

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Well here it is.... 181 days now!!!! still nothing.....how the hell can 6 applicants that applied after me get a PPR....our meds expire in August....so I know they are going to take their time.....after waiting 4 months for our NSO and 7 months after sending our application...its been all gov,t bulls###t....I just love that one person can decide my life!!! hey both my wife and I are in our 50,s... no children and she has no family in Canada... and I can,t even get her a visitors visa even that they know she has to go back to Manila whenever she gets a PPR...I just wanted my wife to be here for 3 weeks... but decided not to apply ....Regulation 179.....so if I don,t hear from the CEM this week I,m off to Manila May 2 to be with my lady on our 1st ann... no one should be away from each other on their 1 st... but WOW!!!! they move so fast over there....Oh when I was in Manila CEM and the girl behind the glass gave us a legal cap... in 20 mins ...I watched her look at our divorce papers...mine was fron Nashville Tenn.. but notorized in Canada...she did not even see that page... I gave her 50.00 dollars Canadian... I could have been married to a billy goat... she would have not known the diff... anyways just going crazy... waiting for my beautiful lady.... good luck to all!!!!!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
The jeep man fixed it all up for me i just had to copy and paste lol

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
im the only one i know thats over the 12 months and sending an email ANY BETS WHEN I GET A REPLY EMAIL i sent an email in dec when i was over the 9 months but was disqualified because they raised the LIMITS A FEW DAYS B4 to 10 months then to 12 months no reply for that EMAIL

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
im the only one i know thats over the 12 months and sending an email ANY BETS WHEN I GET A REPLY EMAIL i sent an email in dec when i was over the 9 months but was disqualified because they raised the LIMITS A FEW DAYS B4 to 10 months then to 12 months no reply for that EMAIL
I think your MP can get more results. They have the Big Red Phone.. a direct line.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Well, the Roosters are Crowing in Manila and it's that time again! Can't you hear those breakfast hot dogs sizzling?
Mmmmmm, hot dogs for breakfast. :p

Despite our fears of CIC employees working to rule, last week was equally productive as the other weeks, including Easter.

An interesting thing that started this week was that CEM started asking people for re-medicals before their passport request! Is this a case of the hand not talking to the other hand (what is that expression?) Maybe they are in line for PPR and in line for Remeds too? Ah well.. as they say around here.. Aaah yes Raven, maybe it is only you who knows the truth.

As for predictions for next week.. I will predict a re-medical for my man ;D (fingers crossed) and the rooster predicts a remedical for the husband of Fireluck.. as well as DM for Tagum-NB and PPR for Luckyman, AJ, Mapol and for DexHaz.. He thinks Jerry96's PPR will be soon but maybe next week ;D

After going "in process" on Monday I am now quite selfishly fixated on them.. I spent hours one night until 2am mining through the spreadsheet.. finding every in-process and comparing that date to the date of additional documents requested versus medical requests versus interviews.. and I've come across a very good theory about them.. but ever since that have become exremely superstitious about my theory so.. you can guess it maybe!

Anyways.. Iay how's that Vancouver Rooster doing?

Here's the totals from last week:

Monday, April 8

In-Process - Steph_C (April), KaZeKaGe (August),
VISA - iamFides (August)

Tuesday, April 9

DM remmuh (July)

Wednesday, April 10

Remeds - Luckyman (August)
PPR - geminiaquarius21 (August), swithag (September)
VISA - likelike (June) Doljan (July) Huggypoo (August)

Thursday, April 11

In Process - swithag (September)
PPR/IN PROCESS/DM *like a Gordie Howe Hat trick*
sweetformysweet, Sweet Potato (August)

Friday, April 12

PPR - zeeczar, lanz15, remmuh (July)
IN PROCESS - jhona30 (June) geminiaquarius21 (August)
DM - Mike0421(July)
VISA - remmuh (July)

Saturday, April 13
IN-Process/DM/VISA - knowell (June)

Sunday, April 14
Re-medical - Canadian Jeep Guy (May), deadly_deathscyhe (July)
DM - andreana (June)
Landed - krusmaryosep (July) - Mabuhay!! ;D

TOTALS
PPR - 7
IN PROCESS - 5
DM - 6
VISA - 7
LANDED - 1

LAST WEEK
PPR - 8
DM - 2
Visa - 5
Landed - 1

LAST WEEK X 2
PPR - 4
DM - 5
VISA - 0
LANDED - 2

LAST WEEK X 3
PPR - 8
DM - 0
VISA - 4
LANDED - 1

LAST WEEK X 4
PPR - 5
DM - 7
VISA - 9
LANDED - 4

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT
PPR - 5
DM - 1
VISA - 9
LANDED - 4

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT WEEK
PPR - 11
DM - 7
VISA - 5
LANDED - 6

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT WEEK'S WEEK
PPR - 6
DM - 9
VISA - 11
LANDED - 1

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
Hi Steph and thanks,I was kind of hoping that having the TRV would mean that she's in the system already and might make the process quicker..

Ya knowww,my family aren't large group photo people and we dont really have any photos of her with my family but lots from getaways we took together.
On the other hand,my three journeys to the PH we have loads of our tours and we've organized them on Word docs,and loads of wedding photos,yes,we have all required docs and then some,transcripts,id's, new passport, visa images,meds done and complete, payment receipts,yes including Cenomar.

We tossed the idea of processing here or there and we opted for outland.

You really think a year? Thats kind of disappointing but I kind of think that every situation is unique no and does that not determine the process time?
Thanks for your feedback!

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Steph C said:
I,m going to beet the record 203 days and still no PPR..... just watch......181 now still nothing.....

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CJG.... Just so you know, if your wife is having problems getting an appointment, one of the panel offices in cebu is walk in/first come first serve... My wife will be there early Friday am.

Cheers!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JGM613 said:
Hi Steph and thanks,I was kind of hoping that having the TRV would mean that she's in the system already and might make the process quicker..

Ya knowww,my family aren't large group photo people and we dont really have any photos of her with my family but lots from getaways we took together.
On the other hand,my three journeys to the PH we have loads of our tours and we've organized them on Word docs,and loads of wedding photos,yes,we have all required docs and then some,transcripts,id's, new passport, visa images,meds done and complete, payment receipts,yes including Cenomar.

We tossed the idea of processing here or there and we opted for outland.

You really think a year? Thats kind of disappointing but I kind of think that every situation is unique no and does that not determine the process time?
Thanks for your feedback!
It's a combination of luck and your own situation. Just brace yourself for a year, and if you're lucky it will come in at 6 or 7 months. When I was looking at applying the official processing time was 6 months. It moved to 8 months and is currently sitting at 12 months. This is all based on data from the previous year.. and the numbers are for AFTER your file is moved to Manila. Currently, the Canadian government has been consolidating visa offices. So since the time that data was produced they moved all the Seoul applications to be processed in Manila as well. This hasn't been reflected yet with updated stats because it just happened. It's currently taking 6 months for a Passport request from the time that your file lands in Manila. Hopefully stage one for you will be only a month like it is now. Some of us got hit really hard in that stage last year, taking 4-5 months for Sponsor approval. So yeah, that is bad luck and my group got stuck in a paperwork shuffle while many other applications started being processed ahead of ours. But we're still under a year for the most part. I would suggest being pro-active about ordering your GCMS notes once your file is in Manila and you are around the time for a Passport Request. That's the time they will be opening your file and making notes. Then you can see the notes on your file and it can be extremely helpful in some circumstances. Judging by what you wrote your case will be pretty simple.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
CJG.... Just so you know, if your wife is having problems getting an appointment, one of the panel offices in cebu is walk in/first come first serve... My wife will be there early Friday am.

Cheers!
Thanks Lucky. Fortunately for me her sister and her husband are both doctors and he comes from a long family line of doctors so she gets that one pretty easily. She said she will go on Tuesday and then send the Remed and AOM on Wednesday.

We will save the trip to Cebu for our next vacation. ;D

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
The jeep man fixed it all up for me i just had to copy and paste lol
My Mom was a teacher.....that stuff just comes with the territory. Though re-reading a bunch of my posts I do sound like a fooking nerd.

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
Finally some good news Canadian Jeep. A step in the right direction. :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Guys.. I'm shaking right now. Mr. Steph got a call from CEM and they were asking to verify his email address. Then they asked for his password. They said they were going to send a re-medical request and check that it was there. They said that it was in the inbox.. but it's not. Now I have been signed out because somebody else has signed in.
This is weird. I created the email address just for his visa.. it's pretty much blank in there.