+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
cade said:
yes they do :)
Yup, and thank goodness because they screwed up my partner's email address and I could see it in the email they copied to me.

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Steph C said:
Yup, and thank goodness because they screwed up my partner's email address and I could see it in the email they copied to me.
hey Steph you should be getting a DM soon... if its just your spouse....I hope to cruise on through after PPR... just my wife... with no dependents... some people don,t say who they are sponsoring...some on here are doing sisters and brothers to sponsor....the longest day here is 223 days for a visa... just hang in there... I,m going crazy also... I have spent just over 45000.00 and don,t want to fly there again for 7 days and then get a PPR while I,m there... our 1st ann is may 7 but don,t think she will be here... take care....Oh Canadian Jeep Guy... don,t stat anything... they will put you at the bottom... hey how do we know they are not reading this.... soon my friends....

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
gortandmugs said:
hey Steph you should be getting a DM soon... if its just your spouse....I hope to cruise on through after PPR... just my wife... with no dependents... some people don,t say who they are sponsoring...some on here are doing sisters and brothers to sponsor....the longest day here is 223 days for a visa... just hang in there... I,m going crazy also... I have spent just over 45000.00 and don,t want to fly there again for 7 days and then get a PPR while I,m there... our 1st ann is may 7 but don,t think she will be here... take care....Oh Canadian Jeep Guy... don,t stat anything... they will put you at the bottom... hey how do we know they are not reading this.... soon my friends....
We are at 377 days since PPR, wife and 4 year old boy, dont know where u get the 223 days

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
We are at 377 days since PPR, wife and 4 year old boy, dont know where u get the 223 days
He's referencing this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCLbbZupkY_dHJRT2R1alhXS2xaUzFTcHZsTUhVbHc#gid=0

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
wow!!!!! I see a PPR only after 169 days and a DM on the same day... How does the CEM do that with people waiting longer... can,t understand it....

the_14th

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
He's referencing this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCLbbZupkY_dHJRT2R1alhXS2xaUzFTcHZsTUhVbHc#gid=0
I'm so bored waiting for a PPR I fixed the spreadsheet you pasted. Some of them just copied the value of days instead of the formula. Hahaha, geek mode! Anything to pass time. :-\

Lalabp

Apr 4, 2013
Hi guys. I would just like to ask an advice. Me and my boyfriend were planning to get married this july2013 and I am in Live In Caregiver Program, i lodge my application Sept 2012. Last february i received a letter from Canadian Embassy telling me that they received my application and the payment for my application. i would like to know if there would be a delay or refusal in my application if ever we do get married? Please please help me. Anyone? Thank You very much. God bless us all:)

rairaiken

Apr 4, 2012
my life was so hectic for a bit that i forgot to update.

i'm now in canada!

the embassy probably got tired of us and non-stop emails that they just decided "hey, let's just give em the visa"

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
rairaiken said:
my life was so hectic for a bit that i forgot to update.

i'm now in canada!

the embassy probably got tired of us and non-stop emails that they just decided "hey, let's just give em the visa"
Thats what i will start doing after next week if nothing happens, im going 8) 8) Posta :p :p

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems there are a select few that have skipped the PPR process and moved directly to DM and PPR.

All of these cases have special circumstances that would warrant deviation from...um....'cough', 'cough'...."normal processing"

Some cases include:
- passport expiring
- medical expiring
etc.

In these cases, the applicant is requested to pick up their visa and present proof of travel booking.

This says to me that some VO's actually work on applications before requesting passport and/or eCas indication of "in Process".....BUT what determines the necessity deviate?

I mean, Is it really just the visa officer that gets your file?
Is it luck?

It just doesn't make sense to me....none of it does! Even when CEM seems to be following a pattern, it changes. And when things seem easy, they're difficult, or vise versa...

Is it really this complicated to process applications?
OR
Is there really no employee control for procedures, job duties and policies?

I can't think of one thing that would explain such inconsistency aside from the latter....even those that have shared their GCMS details prove that the application review process is literally a systematic and chronological procedure based system...

Example:
- Start processing x task.....inquiries sent, awaiting reply
- Start processing y task.....the next thing in line

It's that simple.

One could further that and organize category bins, which could include follow up, next stage, to be started, waiting for docs...etc.
Then a worker could allocate a certain amount of time on each one, therefore giving equality to everyone.

Anyway....I think I'm just trying to answer the absurdity by thinking out the process.....because I seriously can't fathom the cause for such inconsistency....

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
And there in would be your problem Luckyman, you are "thinking out the process", I believe it is a series of random co-incidents that decides who goes first,second, third etc through the processing gates, all started off with a good round of drunken dart throwing at unmarked envelopes full of papers, if a dart hits your, BINGO! you win - front of the line for you!

If a dart doesn't land on your stack, well maybe better luck next time.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly why I was writing in one of my previous posts of visualizing a huge pile.....literally a pile....like the pile generated by digging a big hole type pile of applications in the lobby or reception area, and a sick and twisted play on "go fish" in the morning.

But in all seriousness...WHY?
My point is, can it really be that disorganized and continue that way without audits, or procedure re-vamping, job specific duties or programs, or utilities...

I just don't get it....There isn't a company in the world....YES, the world, that could thrive under such uncertainty and disorganization...

rairaiken

Apr 4, 2012
Luckyman said:
Exactly why I was writing in one of my previous posts of visualizing a huge pile.....literally a pile....like the pile generated by digging a big hole type pile of applications in the lobby or reception area, and a sick and twisted play on "go fish" in the morning.

My point is, can it really be that disorganized and continue that way without audits, or procedure re-vamping, job specific duties or programs, or utilities...

I just don't get it....There isn't a company in the world....YES, the world, that could thrive under such uncertainty and disorganization...
yeah, good question/s. i wonder how they do it. mistakes are fine, but huge mistakes, especially ones that can affect a lot of lives (like my application being sent to the wrong country), are so unjustifiable.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Luckyman said:

8) 8) oh my, :p didnt you read the news immigration canada has sped up visas in the past few years and refined the service, :-* :p 8) :eek: or at least that is what they recently announced LOL :eek: :p 8)