MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hello guys

This is Oscar, Debora's husband. Right now we have, for the most part, all the documents. I just wanted your help to get some clarification in the actual process and order of things that need to be done. Here are a few questions I have:

1.- Do I need to do my medical exam before sending the first application, right?

2.- Of all my Mexican documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, IFE, cartilla militar, etc.) which are the ones that I need to get translated into French? (what about my passport?)

3.- At what point in the process do the police documents come in? (PGR)

The whole process as far as I understand it, goes like this:

A - Send application to Missisauga, (Federal Level) and it has to have the following:

from sponsor (my wife)

• Form 1344 Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking
  • Form 5540 Sponsor Questionnaire
  • Form 5491 (checklist)

from me (sponsored)

• Form 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada
  • Form 5669 Schedule A – Background/Declaration
  • Form 5406 ??? Additional Family Information ? Do i need to do this one?
  • Form 5490 Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire
  • 8 Photos
  • Medical examination (as I asked in the first question, just making sure :p)
  • And also all the proof of relationship, right? like plane tickets, photos of proof, emails printed, chats, etc, etc.
  • Pay the fees for $75 and $450 CA

Am I missing something?

**cough Police Records cough when? cough** ;D

Now, how do we send that? in a big huge envelope? the photos I read in appendix A#13 that they need to be loose, that ok, but how about the plane tickets? the calling cards with receipt? letters from family and friends? all this in a separate envelope labeled as "proof" or in the exact same envelope as the forms?

B - Once approved, then we send the application to Quebec.

Here's the confusion, (maybe this was answered before)... Let's say that we got approved at the first stage, and we're supposed to get a letter from CIC stating that we are allowed to continue with the process, right? We then MUST send this form/letter of approval along with these new forms for Quebec undertaking aplication:

KIT A - Without Financial Requirements, which includes 2 copies of the following:

• A-0546 Undertaking application form - Family class
  • A-0520 Application for Selection Certificate - Family class
  • A-0527 Does NOT apply to US, right?
  • A-0591 Payment for $260.00 CA
  • A-0539 Declaration of Sponsor Abroad (because she lives with me in Mexico)

Now, what happens with all the original file and proof? Will that be lost forever? Does Quebec needs that file and proof as well?

Also, let's say that the "undertaking" from Quebec was aproved as well, then I'm supposed to get a CSQ, and then what happens? I read that I have to file an "Application for permanent Residence", which I read I would need to pay $490, right? so how come is it recommended to pay it in advance?

Anyway, so much for now.

Any help would be really aprecciated!!

Thank you very much!!!!

Oscar....

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Oscar27 said:
Hello guys

B - Once approved, then we send the application to Quebec.

Here's the confusion, (maybe this was answered before)... Let's say that we got approved at the first stage, and we're supposed to get a letter from CIC stating that we are allowed to continue with the process, right? We then MUST send this form/letter of approval along with these new forms for Quebec undertaking aplication:

KIT A - Without Financial Requirements, which includes 2 copies of the following:

• A-0546 Undertaking application form - Family class
  • A-0520 Application for Selection Certificate - Family class
  • A-0527 Does NOT apply to US, right?
  • A-0591 Payment for $260.00 CA
  • A-0539 Declaration of Sponsor Abroad (because she lives with me in Mexico)

Now, what happens with all the original file and proof? Will that be lost forever? Does Quebec needs that file and proof as well?

Also, let's say that the "undertaking" from Quebec was aproved as well, then I'm supposed to get a CSQ, and then what happens? I read that I have to file an "Application for permanent Residence", which I read I would need to pay $490, right? so how come is it recommended to pay it in advance?

Anyway, so much for now.

Any help would be really aprecciated!!

Thank you very much!!!!

Oscar....
Hi Oscar,

After your approval from CIC, they send you a letter inviting you to proceed with the MICC. You fill out the applications and with the approval letter mail it off along with the fees.

The original proof will already be on its way to your VO for processing. Quebec does not make any decisions in regard to your relationship. The VO does.

I got my CSQ and Undertaking today and it said an approval has been forwarded to my VO as well as to me. However, I have also heard that when you go for an interview/PPR that you are required to bring a copy of it as well. Can;t hurt to do it anyways!

You don't have to apply for permanent residency (If it's a outland spousal sponsorship anyways, not sure about other cases). You will get it in the mail about 8 weeks after landing.

Good luck!

Debora

Apr 14, 2012
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
...and here are my questions, pertaining to the presentation of the file+relationship evidences:

1- How should I present all the pictures+emails+calling cards(etc) ...Should I perforate everything and put it in a binder? Or in a big envelope? Or box?

2- Is it okay to print 2 pictures on 1 same page? (that's what I did)

3- How & Where should I write an explanation+date of each of my pictures?

4- How should I sort everything out? (in terms of emails, pictures, calling cards, letters from friends/relatives, long-distance calls invoices, etc etc)

5- Should I seperate all the printed emails with paperclips?

6- When filling out the application form, should I hand-write the word "Present" or "Ongoing"? For example: if you were still living in the same apartment as 5 years ago, would you write: October 2007 - "Present" ?

7- Are there any other important details you can share with me? (regarding the presentation of the file+relationship evidences)