waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tuyen said:
No...it's not the ban. But don't even get me started on the sheer idiocy of that whole fiasco.

The only reason I hesitated was because I was going to rip both of them a new one, and I didn't REALLY know if the wife deserved it or not, even though every fiber of my being says that she's just as much of a prize as he is. I mean...she has a young child that she hasn't seen in 7 years. Meanwhile, she's globetrotting. What possible justification could there be for that? The only thing I could think of was that her ex-husband kidnapped the child or something equally insane, but I don't know how likely that is. But even if there's only a one percent chance that it could be true, I didn't want to rip her apart unfairly.

As far as the guy goes, yeah, there's no questioning the fact that he's a moron in a league of his own.
Ok how about this for our craving thread, go and probe. Find out what the deal is?

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
I don't think deliberately lying to "bad cases" is a good idea.
Just tell them their cases are going to be red flags.

Telling them everything is going to be OK is just going to add to the waiting times of legit couples.

Also, although this started out socially and nice, it is quickly turning into a viscous viper pit and i think all of you are better than that.

just my 2 cents

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
McDutch said:
I don't think deliberately lying to "bad cases" is a good idea.
Just tell them their cases are going to be red flags.

Telling them everything is going to be OK is just going to add to the waiting times of legit couples.

Also, although this started out socially and nice, it is quickly turning into a viscous viper pit and i think all of you are better than that.

just my 2 cents
We aren't being serious... If you'd read the pages and pages that would be clear.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
It's not about being serious.

You cannot expect a newcomer to go through 60 pages of this thread to pick up the subtlety in the jokes.
However, a legit newcomer might come in, see the last few pages and leave the whole forum because of the sentiment in this thread (being always on top).

This forum is a great help for people looking for information and shouldn't be compromised.

That being sad, i have NO issues with tearing the shady cases apart with down to earth, brutal honesty, but i wouldn't want the legit couple to be turned off by the jokes about lying about cases.

that's all :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Maybe you can convince the mods to make a social section so these things won't happen :)

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tuyen said:
Amikety is the self-professed Grammar Nazi. I'm merely a crusher of dreams.

As for being the life of the party...I don't know about that. A few hours ago I was trying to re-shape the leather on my chair when it was refusing to rid itself of my ass-print.

It's precisely during those types of moments when I find myself taking bets on how much longer I'll be able to maintain my sanity. And during last night's episode, I remember muttering to myself, "it won't be long now".
I don't remember where I saw this, but it's one of my all time favourite quotes...

"sanity is the playground for the unimaginative"

8)

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
McDutch said:
It's not about being serious.

You cannot expect a newcomer to go through 60 pages of this thread to pick up the subtlety in the jokes.
However, a legit newcomer might come in, see the last few pages and leave the whole forum because of the sentiment in this thread (being always on top).

This forum is a great help for people looking for information and shouldn't be compromised.

That being sad, i have NO issues with tearing the shady cases apart with down to earth, brutal honesty, but i wouldn't want the legit couple to be turned off by the jokes about lying about cases.

that's all :)
I agree. Plus you don't the whole situation exactly. Only the poster does. He sounds repentent (sp?) about his past. Plus as far as his partner, she is from an abusive past and possibly to insure her child's safety ( as to most parents that is paramount) maybe he threatened her child. As a survivor of an abusive relationship, fear does a lot to a person. You become irrational. So maybe, in her mind, she felt she was taking the safest option for her child.
Furthermore, I also understand the frustration about non-legit applications slowing the process. Though I have not applied myself yet, I consider many of you friends in a way and sympathize in all your stories. I want my own case to go quickly. We all do. That being said, I also wouldn't want to spook a newbie either. They are scared most likely as this process can be daunting. Just looking for a someone who has been there. Who understands what they are going through. As that's why I came here. So as someone posted earlier, they may just hit the bullet points in the threads and read the one they posted definitely so they may misinterpet things. Just my opinion, I mean no offense to anyone here, as I know mostly this thread is to joke around and relax.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
McDutch said:
a viscous viper pit

just my 2 cents
Thank you for your two cents - this thread was set up with that in mind, a place where anyone can give their two cents.

Can you please give examples of how this has become a VVP as I consider those to be strong words.

Also, it's not our job nor concern to control how others interpret information on this forum. No one, not even David Cohen has control over who stays, joins and leaves as much the ticket seller has over a viewer who gets up in the frist 20 mins of watching 007 and is dissapointed that Pierce Brosnan is not starring as James Bond and walks out of the movie theatre.

There are hundreds of threads and no one is forced to join, read, nor comment. The forum should not be replaced for those seeking legal advice.

My two cents.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
amikety said:
You think we'll get in trouble if we start blantantly lying to people like that?

"Nah, no one will care about that assault charge. In fact, if you don't even mention it, no one will notice it."

Better question is - how does genius plan to sponsor his wife is he's on a study permit............
tuyen said:
Oh that's perfect! We'll go in with a one-two punch. First I'll go tell him what a gem he is, and then you come in and jump to his defense with something like, "oh don't mind Tuyen, you have nothing to worry about! Go ahead and send in all your forms and you'll be fast tracked for having lived out of the country for an extended period of time!".

Posts like this could really hurt the reputation of the forum.

No matter how much fun it is to make fun of the shady cases, without context, it could go south

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
blueangel371115 said:
I agree. Plus you don't the whole situation exactly. Only the poster does. He sounds repentent (sp?) about his past. Plus as far as his partner, she is from an abusive past and possibly to insure her child's safety ( as to most parents that is paramount) maybe he threatened her child. As a survivor of an abusive relationship, fear does a lot to a person. You become irrational. So maybe, in her mind, she felt she was taking the safest option for her child.
Furthermore, I also understand the frustration about non-legit applications slowing the process. Though I have not applied myself yet, I consider many of you friends in a way and sympathize in all your stories. I want my own case to go quickly. We all do. That being said, I also wouldn't want to spook a newbie either. They are scared most likely as this process can be daunting. Just looking for a someone who has been there. Who understands what they are going through. As that's why I came here. So as someone posted earlier, they may just hit the bullet points in the threads and read the one they posted definitely so they may misinterpet things. Just my opinion, I mean no offense to anyone here, as I know mostly this thread is to joke around and relax.
Hi BlueAngel. Here's my thing, there could be so many what if's however ppl's opinions are based off of what's been provided in posts. You may have a totally different picture of what the next person would. Some see the glass half full and some see half empty. One can point out the obvious where another will simply sugar coat and make excuses.

I think for us to sit and speculate on what a person's history is would simply be a waste of time. We don't know, we'll never know unless that person provides all the details. However....we do have a right to give opinions based on the little facts made available. There have been a number of members who come here to to seek support on a daily basis. I welcome you to read all posts here. Again, most members in this thread are daily posters and a few who jump on the odd occasion.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
McDutch said:
Posts like this could really hurt the reputation of the forum.

No matter how much fun it is to make fun of the shady cases, without context, it could go south
You still haven't explained or have given reason to justly call anything a VVP.

Can you please explain how those comments (clearly made in fun spirit) would hurt the reputation of this forum.

By your stance towards "shady cases", I am getting a strong impression that you are in support of "shady cases".

Would that be a fair statement? Or is it just my opinion? Just as how your opinion is solely "yours"?

Do share your two cents on my thoughts as inquiring minds would really like to know.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
amaranth said:
I don't remember where I saw this, but it's one of my all time favourite quotes...

"sanity is the playground for the unimaginative"

8)

Like!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Halfmoon said:
No one, not even David Cohen has control over who stays, joins and leaves as much the ticket seller has over a viewer who gets up in the frist 20 mins of watching 007 and is dissapointed that Pierce Brosnan is not starring as James Bond and walks out of the movie theatre.
There is some control over who stays.

Most may not be aware, but this forum does in fact have an active moderator. I do quite a bit of flagging of spam posts and have exchanged emails with this individual on a few occasions. This person can and does ban / delete users - and remove spam and offensive posts (for example, pretty sure an ID posting on the Skilled Worker section of this forum was turfed yesterday for impersonating a vip member). So we aren't entirely unsupervised. :D

Having said that, we are largely unsupervised.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
scylla said:
There is some control over who stays.

Most may not be aware, but this forum does in fact have an active moderator. I do quite a bit of flagging of spam posts and have exchanged emails with this individual on a few occasions. This person can and does ban / delete users - and remove spam and offensive posts (for example, pretty sure an ID posting on the Skilled Worker section of this forum was turfed yesterday for impersonating a vip member). So we aren't entirely unsupervised. :D

Having said that, we are largely unsupervised.
Thanks Scylla. You're 100% right in that respect!!

I was alluding to an individuals preference for staying, joining, leaving.

Royal Lolly

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
20-12-2012
Hello to all.
I do not post to this site but I read and enjoy the posts on here as they are of a less serious nature. As the title indicates, this is a social site for letting your hairdown and speaking freely. There are many other sites and everyone has free will to choose which ones they read. I am sure that the person who set up this site wanted a spot to be able to take away some of the stress of the immigration process. Seeing as it is often the top thread, it seems to be living up to the purpose that it was intended for.
I hope that the "regulars" on this thread don't stop posting as I am sure it helps to pass time for many people.......
including me.

Thank you to all you ladies and of course Tuyen!!!