+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys,
My application was received on November 15, 2011, and they started processing my application on January 17, 2012. By the way, my Medical results have been received and it'll expire next month :(.
Later, my file was transferred to Buffalo and then the Buffalo officer sent me a letter telling " my interview is July 25, 2012." However, I received a letter on June 1,2012 saying that my interview was cancelled because of the closure of Buffalo.I have been waiting for a long time since I applied for permanent Visa.I'm getting impatient and not knowing what to do next?
I sent E-mails to "OttPilot-Immigration" section and other consulates, lately I was told my case was just transferred to LA at the beginning of September and LA will contact me if anything comes up . I feel so depressed,how long do I have to wait?
I know there's nothing I can do to the situation,in fact I've been telling myself "keep waiting". Well, I just want do know if there is anyone in the same boat? I'm going a little crazy because my plan has been in a jam.
Best wishes to you guys.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
I just got off the phone with the call center. They told me my file was transferred from Ottawa to Los Angeles on September 7th. This wait is too long but I hope it's not too much longer. Anyone know what it means once it's transferred to LA from Ottawa?

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Sorry to hear that.Our cases almost being transferred to LA at the same time but I did apply my case in 2011. I've been waiting much longer than you. Were you being required for interview from buffalo moths ago?

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
happylaw said:
I just got off the phone with the call center. They told me my file was transferred from Ottawa to Los Angeles on September 7th. This wait is too long but I hope it's not too much longer. Anyone know what it means once it's transferred to LA from Ottawa?
I do believe the transfer from Ottawa to LA means that your file is in its final review. And that's good news! :D

h82w8

Jul 13, 2012
Happylaw that's a great news!!!! what number did you call? I tried calling Ottawa at 1-888-242-2100 almost everyday over the last few weeks and last week I finally got through to a real person...I was so excited...but the woman on the phone was useless...she wouldn't tell me anything about my file ... I really don't know what their job is supposed to be and what they do there all day...I am so frustrated...I wish one of these days I will get through to a person that can actually provide me with a tiny bit of useful info... :mad:

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
h82w8 said:
Happylaw that's a great news!!!! what number did you call? I tried calling Ottawa at 1-888-242-2100 almost everyday over the last few weeks and last week I finally got through to a real person...I was so excited...but the woman on the phone was useless...she wouldn't tell me anything about my file ... I really don't know what their job is supposed to be and what they do there all day...I am so frustrated...I wish one of these days I will get through to a person that can actually provide me with a tiny bit of useful info... :mad:
same with me.
my husband tried calling them and the lady always tell the same line.."i cannot tell anything about the file after its being transferred."
hope one day he gets one nice person who can atleast tell where our file is and is any progress.. we both are being very impatient now. not only because of the time they are taking also of we cannot do anything to know how much progress is of our file. :mad:

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
h82w8 said:
It doesnt feel like great news :/ I wish I could say I got my CORP! Hopefully one day soon! :) Well I call the 888-242-2100 and then its basically just luck on who you get. You either get a nice person who will open up the file and tell you all about it or someone who wont even open the file up and tells you they have no access to your file. A month ago I called and I spoke with the nicest lady ever (I had to call about 15 times to finally get through), I asked whether they received my medicals, I was told they did and that my file was being transferred to Los Angeles soon and that I would only have to wait 60-90 days. Then I called a few weeks ago and I was told to contact Ottawa (which has no phone number and when I emailed them they dont respond) and that my file was still in Ottawa. Today the lady told me she doesnt have access to my account so I told her I wanted to know where my file it, she didnt want to open up the file but when I told her I was told my file was supposed to be transferred and then it wasnt transferred so I simply wanted to know where it is and so she put me on hold and checked which is when she said that as of September 7th my file is in Los Angeles. I asked her for a time frame and she said she doesnt know. So really it's just luck. Another time I called and the guy didnt want to help me at all. He said he didnt have access to the file and thats that so I simply thanked him. It's not worth it if they dont want to help.

I wonder what the actual truth is............do they have access to our full file? That nice lady seemed to have access to my whole file a month ago so I dont know maybe they are instructed not to give out any info. I dont know but it would be easier if they could give us some updates.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
simb said:
same with me.
my husband tried calling them and the lady always tell the same line.."i cannot tell anything about the file after its being transferred."
hope one day he gets one nice person who can atleast tell where our file is and is any progress.. we both are being very impatient now. not only because of the time they are taking also of we cannot do anything to know how much progress is of our file. :mad:
Yupp there is no point in taking up more of their time if they say that. I would just keep calling back. It's frustrating I know!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Sunshine87 said:
I do believe the transfer from Ottawa to LA means that your file is in its final review. And that's good news! :D
Thanks!! I HOPE so!!!! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
What I've been told (by a CIC visa officer) is that the transfer from Ottawa to LA indicates that the processing of your application is complete. All LA is supposed to do is finalize your application - final review, issue PPR, and then IMM 5292 (COPR).

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
computergeek said:
What I've been told (by a CIC visa officer) is that the transfer from Ottawa to LA indicates that the processing of your application is complete. All LA is supposed to do is finalize your application - final review, issue PPR, and then IMM 5292 (COPR).
I don't want to be excited too soon but inside I want to celebrate already but I am being patient!! I hope that means I get notified very soon!! Thanks for your kind words to you and everyone who is so encouraging!!! What worries me is that its been in Los Angeles for 18 days now. But I guess 18 days is not that long compared to how long I have already been waiting and I guess it takes more than 18 days to do a final review, issue the PPR and CORP.

I cannot believe its been 8 months since I filed. The time is going by slow yet its quickly disappearing.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
happylaw said:
I don't want to be excited too soon but inside I want to celebrate already but I am being patient!! I hope that means I get notified very soon!! Thanks for your kind words to you and everyone who is so encouraging!!! What worries me is that its been in Los Angeles for 18 days now. But I guess 18 days is not that long compared to how long I have already been waiting and I guess it takes more than 18 days to do a final review, issue the PPR and CORP.

I cannot believe its been 8 months since I filed. The time is going by slow yet its quickly disappearing.
This morning the following status was relayed to me from the LA visa office regarding my own application: "All statutory requirements have been met as of September 12th. We cannot speculate as to when the final decision will be rendered but as nothing else is pending, the file is expected to be concluded shortly." Given that this status was relayed via a Justice Canada lawyer acting on behalf of CIC, I have pretty strong reasons to believe that this is accurate. This is also consistent with what the visa officer in Seattle told me two weeks ago (she was processing my TRP application and she indicated that she did not think it would be necessary.)

E-cas says "we started processing your application on September 12, 2012".

So everything I know from my own case is that Ottawa does the work and then sends it along to LA to do the finalization (request your passport, issue your COPR).

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
That is great info computergeek. How did you come into that information? Did you call LA or email? How did you figure out it went to LA in the first place? I assume you were going through Ottawa, saw ECAS updated with "in process" but where did you go from there? Good to see some possibly "identifiable" progress steps! Us March/April applications seem to be progressing...

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Last night I got an email from LA telling me that my file is almost complete and all I am missing is the medical. They said they are waiting to download the medical from Ottawa. I did my medical back in November 2011. What could be the hold up? So I guess I am pretty much done but I hope they get the medical soon. I'm worried that something is wrong since I've done it so long ago. I know I passed the medical part since I asked the doctor as he said I am good to go.

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Great news that some of you are hearing from LA!

My husband received email confirmation from Ottawa that they received his request for an address change.. first thing we've heard anything since my sponsorship approval in July. The closer it creeps up to November, the more fearful I am that we'll have to dish out another $500 for a re-medical :eek: