+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Farhan,

Well, I am amazed to hear about your bank's excuse that you don't have a foreign currency account, therefore DD in Canadian Dollar is not possible. Technically, your bank should be able to give you DD by applying current exchange rate and they should have tie-ups with a bank in Canada. I believe, they are not issuing DDs in Canadian Dollars but didn't want to disclose it to their customer; therefore they gave lame excuse that customer doesn't have account in foreign currency.

pharmacistfarhan said:
Hi mates:

First of all thanks a lot .......

From my side, it is good enough to make me happy that they've asked RPRF now (in fact I'm not bothering why they've requested Schedule A again, may be they didn't like my hand-writing on my old Schedule A, or something else.......I'm not bothering for that).

From today morning, I've been roaring in my bank for Demand Draft in CAD $..............my bank told me that they cannot make it for me as I don't have foreign currency account......so I had to look other options. One of my closest friend (who immigrated to Canada last year, but now in Karachi) is maintaining his account in foreign currency. With his help I arranged DD - tomorrow I'll get my DD. So I'll courier DD + Schedule A tomorrow.

Regards.......best of luck for all of us.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awai Ali,

The best possible way is to check with the issuing bank. You really need to have good relations with them, if not, then use your public relations skills to get this information. :p :p :p

Actually, they need to check with the bank in Canada which will clear the DD in favour of The Receiver General for Canada, therefore they get lazy and try to say that it is not pissble or very difficult to check.

good luck buddy.

awai ali said:
Is there any other way to check it out or encased or not??

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Abu Hassaan said:
Awai Ali,

The best possible way is to check with the issuing bank. You really need to have good relations with them, if not, then use your public relations skills to get this information. :p :p :p

Actually, they need to check with the bank in Canada which will clear the DD in favour of The Receiver General for Canada, therefore they get lazy and try to say that it is not pissble or very difficult to check.

good luck buddy.
In UAE it's almost next to impossible to get the status of your DD, they always say khallas check with the other party, From our side it's done NUTS.

In India over the phone one can check the status of DD.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
Abu Hassaan said:
Awai Ali,

good luck buddy.

:eek:.........Same is happening it mean i do not have good relations........O I c :mad:

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
nkalra said:
In UAE it's almost next to impossible to get the status of your DD, they always say khallas check with the other party, From our side it's done NUTS.

In India over the phone one can check the status of DD.
:-X......Actually Banker does not know that other party even does not bother to give you acknowledgement of payment .....

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
MM2 said:
guys please comment on the above post...... where i am struck at the moment.....
seems your officer is busy in interviews.

lostworld

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
CA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
Nomination.....
August 2013
Med's Request
April 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
PP1 End of Sep2014, PPR2 Mid Oct2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR and VISA End of OCt2014
Does any one had Medical exam at Handsworth Clinic in Birmingham?
How log it take for result??

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
lostworld said:
Does any one had Medical exam at Handsworth Clinic in Birmingham?
How log it take for result??
In my case, one week.

Took the medicals on a Saturday, they uploaded the following Saturday. Then ECAS showed early on the Tuesday morning, and on Wednesday came the email from the clinic to confirm they had uploaded the results on that previous Saturday.

Hope that helps!

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014
toothfairy_77 said:
Dear engrkamran77,
Only DD are acceptable, I've posted this before in LVO, MI-3 applicants forum and will post it again here for your benefit and all other respected forum members:

Fees for Permanent Resident Applications:

The fees for permanent residence application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars, made payable to “Receiver General for Canada”. Cash will not be accepted.

Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order to the visa office in London

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: Receiver General for Canada

***Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft***

If your application is received at this office without the processing fee attached, it will be returned to you. In some countries, banks provide the service of forwarding your bank draft / bank cheque directly to this office. Please ensure that this is not done and that your fee accompanies your application.

Important: Bank drafts / bank cheques have limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft / bank cheque is not older than two months when it reaches this office.

This office does not accept:

Cash
Uncertified personal cheques
Company cheques
British pound drafts drawn on foreign banks
Canadian postal orders
Euro-cheques
Credit or debit cards
Canadian dollar drafts where the “clearing bank” is not in Canada (check with your bank if you are unsure)

Fee Schedule:
Skilled worker, provincial nominee, Quebec-selected
Applicant: 550 (processing fee) + 490 (Right of Permanent Resident Fee - RPRF)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/fees-frais.aspx
This may not be a correct inference. I think we can pay RPRF via credit card through the CIC site. This is what JohnnyZee did. And till now all is fine. His status also changed to Medical Results have been received. LVO did not reject his payment.
In my opinion, it is true that LVO does not accept credit cards as it says on the LVO site. However, CIC does and it has a proper link to pay RPRF via credit card.

We will know for sure only when the result comes out for JohnnyZee and I believe it will be positive. Good luck to all.

addy34

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 02/02/2014
Mahyn said:
This may not be a correct inference. I think we can pay RPRF via credit card through the CIC site. This is what JohnnyZee did. And till now all is fine. His status also changed to Medical Results have been received. LVO did not reject his payment.
In my opinion, it is true that LVO does not accept credit cards as it says on the LVO site. However, CIC does and it has a proper link to pay RPRF via credit card.

We will know for sure only when the result comes out for JohnnyZee and I believe it will be positive. Good luck to all.
Hi friends,
i also believe that online payments are not accepted in LVO, Kindly check the following instructions

Right of Permanent Residence Fee of CAD 980 **details of how you may pay this fee can be found on our website www.cic.gc.ca. Please note that we do not currently accept online payment or payment by credit card at this office**

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahyn,

Just for your information, one applicant made online payment for his FSW 2013 application fee and he also wrote down his credit card details on the payment form. He also attached his online payment receipt. You know what, CIO charged his credit card and didn't accept his online payment. He was worried about his first payment made online. Later he initiated the process of reimbursment of his online payment. Anyways, he was lucky to write down his credit card details; else his application would have been rejected.

Therefore, it is not recommended to pay online just to pay quickly because it may end-up with double payment and hectic process of reimbursment.

This is my suggestion; rest is the decision of the applicant.

Mahyn said:

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014
Abu Hassaan said:
Mahyn,

Just for your information, one applicant made online payment for his FSW 2013 application fee and he also wrote down his credit card details on the payment form. He also attached his online payment receipt. You know what, CIO charged his credit card and didn't accept his online payment. He was worried about his first payment made online. Later he initiated the process of reimbursment of his online payment. Anyways, he was lucky to write down his credit card details; else his application would have been rejected.

Therefore, it is not recommended to pay online just to pay quickly because it may end-up with double payment and hectic process of reimbursment.

This is my suggestion; rest is the decision of the applicant.
I agree, better safe than sorry. Nevertheless it is stupid on LVOs part not to accept CC in 2014. I m still very positive about JohnnyZee's case. Lets see.

toothfairy_77

May 27, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 15th 2012, PER received on March, 27th 2012
Doc's Request.
Updated documents request: March, 2013, second updated doc. request. May 2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
Processing started: March, 2013. MR received: June, 19th 2014
Med's Done....
Medical done on July, 16th 2014, Ecas updated on July, 26th 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1; July, 24th 2014, PPR2; August, 11th 2014, Decision made on E-cas; August, 12th 2014, Passports dispached: August, 20th, Passports received with Visas: August, 25th
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
Mahyn said:

Dear Mahyn,
I didn't invent this from my own, All what i have posted was copied directly from CHC London website as per the link provided at the end of my post
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/fees-frais.aspx
It is very clearly mentioned that Credit Cards payments are not accepted.
Good luck to all.