+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

Chandu_

Oct 4, 2013
I have a question about Police Clearance Certificates( PCC).

I applied in FSW 2013 and got my PER. My visa office is London. At the time of my initial application, I did not provided PCCs.
At present, should I wait to receive request for submission of PCC with Medicals from LVO or do I need to submit PCC to LVO on my own.

Thanks

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
tashford said:
Do you have any information on this 'promise' is it written down anywhere. So at least if it is we can do something with it?
Guys, do u think few months processing time as stated by the Minister mean 25 months as indicated on CIC website for processing applications in London?

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp

News Release — An Immigration System that Works for Canada

New Federal Skilled Worker Program to accept applications beginning May 4, 2013
Ottawa, December 19, 2012 — The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4, 2013 at which time the program will re-open for applications, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed and fully realize their potential in Canada.”

The improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants.

The final changes to the FSWP selection criteria include:

Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada's economy;
Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential's true value in Canada;
Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience.
“For too long, too many immigrants to Canada have experienced underemployement and unemployment, and this has been detrimental to these newcomers and to the Canadian economy,” said Minister Kenney. “Our transformational changes to the FSWP will help ensure that skilled newcomers are able to contribute their skills fully to the economy as soon as possible. This is good for newcomers, good for the economy, and good for all Canadians.”

There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
hila01 said:
Guys, do u think few months processing time as stated by the Minister mean 25 months as indicated on CIC website for processing applications in London?

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp

Ottawa, December 19, 2012 — The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4, 2013 at which time the program will re-open for applications, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed and fully realize their potential in Canada.”

The improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants.

Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada's economy;
Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential's true value in Canada;
Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience.
“For too long, too many immigrants to Canada have experienced underemployement and unemployment, and this has been detrimental to these newcomers and to the Canadian economy,” said Minister Kenney. “Our transformational changes to the FSWP will help ensure that skilled newcomers are able to contribute their skills fully to the economy as soon as possible. This is good for newcomers, good for the economy, and good for all Canadians.”

There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.
thats what i was talking about tashford! +1 for the post Hila01

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Biborno said:
Hi Friends,
There is lot of MI 2 applicant also waiting at LVO. I applied in Nov 2010, RBVO in May 2011 since that in Sep 2012 they asked for some updated docs after that no movement of file. 24 Oct 2013 they reviewed my file and start processing on it. 06 Nov 2013 I received a letter requesting me for updated schedule A background form for me and my spouse, RPRF fees of $490 for me and my spouse, updated police certificate for wand my spouse, also $150 for my new born baby, birth certificate and photo of baby. I prepared all docs and will send tomorrow to LVO.

By my experience, it looks like LVO gonna finalise MI2 files frist than others as in my case I have seen they just running after backlog. I also hope that regardless of MI2 or MI3 all our file gonna be sorted soon!!!!

Good luck to all.
Regards,
Biborno
Sir

CIC is with a definite plan , their ministers and even PM have stated on a number of occasions that they have to clear entire backlog by 2014 . They will do so.
Have patience and stay blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
hila01 said:

Sir
Do not get excited , it will take Max 18 months from date of receipt of full documents by Visa Office. -(Please bear in mind that 06 months are wasted by strike).

In 2014 all applicants of FSW 2013 will be cleared or will be in final stages - Calculation is very clear;

1. 06 Months taken for review by CIC , Sydney Nova Scotia
2. Add 03 Months by Visa office to respond = ( 09 Months from filling date)
3. PPR1 after 06 months of medicals , if every thing goes well = (15 Months)
4.PPR2 and Visa Issuance from Pakistan 03 Months = ( 18 Months)
5. Landing in Canada 03 months packing and winding time = (21 Months)

This is my own calculation , if "All Goes Well" for you.

Stay blessed - Ameen

Bong

Sep 15, 2013
hello forum members,before the federal skilled worker program was launched,i wrote an email to the london visa office to inquire about the processing time for the new federal skilled worker program.i was told the processing time was going to be
9-12 months.so just to say people with clean files should forget about the 25 months period.i think the latest should be janaury 2014 for medicals to start coming.be positive guys.
thanks
H

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hila01 said:

Please discuss any problems and solutions with LVO for 2013 FSW here.

Ministers contact details

Twitter http://www.twitter.com/MinChrisA

Address: 100 Westney Road South, Unit E101
City: Ajax

Phone: 905-426-6808

Fax: 905-426-9564

Email: chris.alexander @ parl.gc.ca

Minister @ cic.gc.ca

AND EMAIL

Mr. Gordon Campbell
High Commissioner
Email: gordon.campbell @ international.gc.ca

I'm sure if enough of us contact him he will have todo something

Fantastic, this is what we need.

All we need now if for people to quote this and send it to people and the immigration office and the ministers in charge. The more people that do it the more of an effect we will have.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
msaeed said:
Sir
Do not get excited , it will take Max 18 months from date of receipt of full documents by Visa Office. -(Please bear in mind that 06 months are wasted by strike).

In 2014 all applicants of FSW 2013 will be cleared or will be in final stages - Calculation is very clear;

1. 06 Months taken for review by CIC , Sydney Nova Scotia
2. Add 03 Months by Visa office to respond = ( 09 Months from filling date)
3. PPR1 after 06 months of medicals , if every thing goes well = (15 Months)
4.PPR2 and Visa Issuance from Pakistan 03 Months = ( 18 Months)
5. Landing in Canada 03 months packing and winding time = (21 Months)

This is my own calculation , if "All Goes Well" for you.

Stay blessed - Ameen

[/quote

Hi there,
I am not getting excited in any way. I am only making my point clear as to the fact that the Minister promised to process fswp 2013 applications within few months. By the way, I really sympatize with you bcos I see you have sent your application since 2009 and it could be frustrating. I would however disagree with you on all the calculations you made regarding processing of 2013 applications to last for max 18 months. The fact that CIC workers were on strike for 6 months did not in anyway affect other visa offices like CPP-O from processing applications and issuing visa within 6 months. It only takes CIC in Nova Scotia about 2.5-3 months to review incoming applications and not 6 months like u have stated. I have friends who applied for fswp in 2011, with visa office in London. It took just 3 weeks from medical request to visa issuance for one of them. The other one had medical request within 6 months after initial processing from CIC. Finally, I see that you have made reference to Pakistan. You cannot use that as a template to draw conclusions and make calculations regarding timescale for processing 2013 fswp applications by LVO.

Cheers

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we are all in agreement, we have no idea when anything will be processed and what is going on. I think we just need to email the minster and hope for the best

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry guys just had another email from the London Visa office confirming the 25 month timeline for processing.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know what the next step is regarding what we are supposed to hear from London Visa Office, I've heard they are slightly different?

any how long after receiving our application?

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People are emailing the minster, which is the only was to speed our visa up from 25 long dark months

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
tashford said:
People are emailing the minster, which is the only was to speed our visa up from 25 long dark months
But the 25 months theory is not really practical, it is not related to fsw2013. lets say that it was an automated email for such inquiry so they will send it regardless of which fsw program you belong to.
and the processing time update could be an automated formula based on the number of the applications in the VO again regardless of which visa type.
LVO does not send AORs, fine, that does not mean that our files have not reached there. actually it is there.
NDVO have not yet genuinely sent MRs so NDVS process is inline with LVO due to the large amount of applications they process.

Best thing I've read is that LVO and maybe NDVO are clearing some backlogs as a window to process fsw3013. Ameen.