Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Congratulations Alilique

questions for you: no calls, no faxes, you mean your employer didn't have any communication with Service Canada? didn't you call to get your file number? how do you know they started working on July 23?

I submitted mine one May 22, but we haven't called and we haven't received any call from service canada, should we call to get the file number or should we wait for 1 more month or even two and see if we get any reply from SC?

Regards,

Alilique

Mar 12, 2012
jonico said:
Congratulations Alilique

questions for you: no calls, no faxes, you mean your employer didn't have any communication with Service Canada? didn't you call to get your file number? how do you know they started working on July 23?

I submitted mine one May 22, but we haven't called and we haven't received any call from service canada, should we call to get the file number or should we wait for 1 more month or even two and see if we get any reply from SC?

Regards,
Thanks!!! i meant we didnt receive any calls from an officer or any faxes from SC. HR Associate, who was the contact person, called once in 2-3 weeks to do quick check-ups. that's how we got the file number - she called and asked for it :) do not wait! ask your manager to call and follow up, hope it will help :)
for me, tomorrow will be 4 months since SC received my application..stressful process, but worth it. just wait and pray ;)
good luck!

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Thank you so much Alilique

miszka

Mar 4, 2012
Please, is that thru that after positive LMO Applied in Toronto SC are sending yours paper to the Immigration in Nova Scotia and they are sending you ready work permit ? Please is any body heard abut it?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No such thing as ready work permit. You have to apply. If you don't need a visa to enter Canada, you can go to the closest border with you positive LMO, contract/job offer, passport,supporting documents, etc.

miszka said:
Please, is that thru that after positive LMO Applied in Toronto SC are sending yours paper to the Immigration in Nova Scotia and they are sending you ready work permit ? Please is any body heard abut it?

Thai224

May 7, 2012
LMO

Unlucky_gal said:
My LMO filed on 25 June, when can I expect the LMO result.Pls help me and share about your LMO processing Time

Hi guys,

Please help ...my employer will just email the positive lmo it would alright?

Blakfish

Aug 1, 2012
Hi guys, just looking for some advice.

My current Work Permit (Working Holiday Program - IEC) expires on August 20th of this year. My employer has filed for an LMO, and this has been in processing for 2 weeks. I'm fairly sure that this will go through, as they bounced back the initial application as there was some issues with the Working Hours, so in order to comply with Ontario standards, this has been adjusted and resubmitted.

My employer and the legal counsel we are using are also confident that the application will come back positive, but I am a little concerned about the processing time.

If my LMO hasn't come back positive by August 20th, I will have to leave the country until it comes back positive, right? Are there any options for me that will allow me to stay in Canada, not necessarily working, until the LMO comes back positive? Would I be able to go to Buffalo, and then cross the border back into Canada, entering as a Visitor, which would allow me to stay for 3 months? I'm a UK citizen residing and working in Toronto.

Edit: My legal representative informed me that they have not heard anything back just yet, but "the approval should be in the mail and we should have it any day now."

Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Blakfish said:
Hi guys, just looking for some advice.

My current Work Permit (Working Holiday Program - IEC) expires on August 20th of this year. My employer has filed for an LMO, and this has been in processing for 2 weeks. I'm fairly sure that this will go through, as they bounced back the initial application as there was some issues with the Working Hours, so in order to comply with Ontario standards, this has been adjusted and resubmitted.

My employer and the legal counsel we are using are also confident that the application will come back positive, but I am a little concerned about the processing time.

If my LMO hasn't come back positive by August 20th, I will have to leave the country until it comes back positive, right? Are there any options for me that will allow me to stay in Canada, not necessarily working, until the LMO comes back positive? Would I be able to go to Buffalo, and then cross the border back into Canada, entering as a Visitor, which would allow me to stay for 3 months? I'm a UK citizen residing and working in Toronto.

Edit: My legal representative informed me that they have not heard anything back just yet, but "the approval should be in the mail and we should have it any day now."

Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Apply for work permit based on the LMO file# (you can do it online and in question where they ask on what basis you are applying just mention LMO is under process) by doing this you can stay and keep working on same job as on implied status, but don't waste time as to be eligible for this concurrent processing you need to file work permit two weeks before your current work permit expire.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
ekong said:
To Cabalen:Are you from Pampanga?Ano bang work na iapplyan mo sa canada?direct hiring ka ba?
Hi Ekong,

Yup! From San Fernando but now living in Laguna. I'm directly hired. I forgot my NOC but it is under mechanical engineer.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Cepheus74 said:
My time line thus far.

End of Feb: LMO Application sent
Before 8th May: File # received
19th June: SC spoke to my employer, they said expect result 'soon'...
27th June: Positive reply on LMO

Flights booked
Shipping company booked
Cats booked hehe
I land in Canada end of August
WP application, picking up at CBSA

Good luck to those still waiting.
Good thing you need no Visa to go to Canada. Another waiting game in my case after LMO.

I claim my work permit application approval will be faster than my positive LMO.

ekong

Jul 20, 2012
Cabalen said:
Hi Ekong,

Yup! From San Fernando but now living in Laguna. I'm directly hired. I forgot my NOC but it is under mechanical engineer.
wow,,kabalen daka pa pala..direct hired kurin kasi..manaya ku pang LMO..pero farmer ya ing kanaku.salamat

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
does anybody know what week and what month are they processing?

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
jonico said:
My brother is awaiting results on his LMO which his employer applied on 20th may 2012. The employer called today and told him that SC is working on March-April2012 applications right now.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
jonico said:
My case was submitted about a month ago, and the lawyer said it'd take 6-8 weeks, but also said it could take longer during summer time since people often take vacations during this time.

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Thank you Jitu1011 and itsmyid that why i am asking because my boss submitted on May 22nd 2012, so i wanted to know :) let's wait a lil bit more and cheeers!! :D