+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
Hi Minitty

Congrats!! You guys are really really lucky to compare with others who are still waiting for last 4/5/6 months. Thanks for sharing.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi Minitty,

What do you mean detailed recruitment process?

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandra02 said:
Hi Minitty,

What do you mean detailed recruitment process?
[/quote. Your employer have to send a detailed process of the candidates he has interviewed, let's say they where 17....well 17 reasons why he didn't hired them( didn't speak English, not enough experience, etc.) No names of candidates, just why he rejected them.

minitty

Apr 12, 2016
sandra02 said:
I see,thanks a lot.
We submitted a summary only included interview results at the beginning.
Obviously, Service Canada wants something more.
"Please provide an up to date recruitment summary including all applications received to date from Canadians/permanent residents and specific reasons why the applicant was not qualified or invited for an interview. "

minitty

Apr 12, 2016
brl said:
congrats minty
At what point of the process the contract to be signed by the prospective job holder.... is it before the LMIA application or before the work permit application....thanks
It's for the LMIA.
The 5th on the official step-by-step checklist:
"5.Job offer (signed by the employer and the foreign worker)."

Because I'm the person who currently filling the position(close to 2 years), so we submitted a job contract.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thanks a lot Minitty.
Is your LMIA for work permit extension? Not for a new wp?

minitty

Apr 12, 2016
sandra02 said:
Thanks a lot Minitty.
Is your LMIA for work permit extension? Not for a new wp?
It should be a new one (not an extension for my PGWP) because my employer's name will be on it, which means it's a closed wp.

priya2808

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th may 2016
Med's Done....
16 may 2016
Hi ,

Can you please assist how would I know if the LMIA issued is a genuine one or fake.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thanks Minitty,I got it.your employer did a good job to proof there is no Canadian for this job.it is a good example for everyone who are applying in not a demand or computer related occupation.thanks for your shearing your situation.

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hey, where is everybody!!! Have all the questions been answered? Nobody has any news/info? What, its low season on LMIA? C'mon guys, bring it on!!!

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MY BOYFRIEND'S LMIA IS APPROVED!!!!!!! ;D Finally!! My other half is coming home :D

Sent application around the end of June, no news from SC until around September when they told us they never received anything

He went back to Ireland at the end of November. Resent application at the beginning of December. We were told around February 2nd that we were just waiting for a decision to be made. Finally got the approved LMIA yesterday!! :) So it took about 4 and a half months (about 20 weeks)

I will be going to visit him in June, and then he will be coming home to me! :)

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
???such a long time to wait?!
I'm expecting the Interview call in the following days since the file # got on January 26. But, who knows...

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
SarahNicole said:
MY BOYFRIEND'S LMIA IS APPROVED!!!!!!! ;D Finally!! My other half is coming home :D

Sent application around the end of June, no news from SC until around September when they told us they never received anything

He went back to Ireland at the end of November. Resent application at the beginning of December. We were told around February 2nd that we were just waiting for a decision to be made. Finally got the approved LMIA yesterday!! :) So it took about 4 and a half months (about 20 weeks)

I will be going to visit him in June, and then he will be coming home to me! :)
Congratulations to you and your boyfriend!!! Great news after such a long wait!!!