+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
I have been reading these threads for a few months now. here's my saga....

My original LMO was submitted in Feb, that was rejected in April due to a lack of advertising (originally the employer did the application without a lawyer). After a lot of too-ing and fro-ing the LMIA was submitted around August 14th, this time with a lawyer. I know SC came back around Aug 22nd to ask for more information (transition plan). It went silent until 10 days ago when I was told they had lost the file, which really depressed me. The lawyer said he would be on to SC constantly to try and get them to fast track, which of course they did not. Last week I was told Service Canada had been in touch again to say 3 questions had not been answered (These 3 questions were not on the application when it was submitted, but as they have now been added, it is a must they have to answer them). Today, i have been told we now have file number and the $1000 has been charged.

Fingers crossed, I will know the result very very soon!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
BritRam said:
I have been reading these threads for a few months now. here's my saga....

My original LMO was submitted in Feb, that was rejected in April due to a lack of advertising (originally the employer did the application without a lawyer). After a lot of too-ing and fro-ing the LMIA was submitted around August 14th, this time with a lawyer. I know SC came back around Aug 22nd to ask for more information (transition plan). It went silent until 10 days ago when I was told they had lost the file, which really depressed me. The lawyer said he would be on to SC constantly to try and get them to fast track, which of course they did not. Last week I was told Service Canada had been in touch again to say 3 questions had not been answered (These 3 questions were not on the application when it was submitted, but as they have now been added, it is a must they have to answer them). Today, i have been told we now have file number and the $1000 has been charged.

Fingers crossed, I will know the result very very soon!
Similar situation happened to me, just in a shorter timeline.

They said they couldn't find my application, then we re-sent and they said they still didn't have it.

Then they changed the forms so we re-submitted and within a week i got charged and got a file number.

Then it turns out they actually received my application on the 12th of september so no idea what it had been doing for almost a month, pah!

Oh well, not long now i hope! and can get back to work.

Waiting4

Oct 7, 2014
Hi,

My employer applied for LMIA on Oct 4th 2014 and my employer got charged on Oct 5th 2014. Does it mean that I get a file number soon?

Let me know.

Thanks.

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Waiting4 said:
Hi,

My employer applied for LMIA on Oct 4th 2014 and my employer got charged on Oct 5th 2014. Does it mean that I get a file number soon?

Let me know.

Thanks.
Wow! You got charged the next day? Which province/category are you?

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
just had bad news..the company that was supposingly applying for a lmia for me told me they're not doing it anymore..sigh.

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
fredde587 said:
just had bad news..the company that was supposingly applying for a lmia for me told me they're not doing it anymore..sigh.
Sorry to hear that Fredde587 :( Are you going to apply elsewhere?

My NOC is 2171 Ontario too

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Yes, I still have few months left in canada, hopefully ill find a company otherwise everything went to shits again

EM-SKY

Aug 5, 2014
@jaybakerca, Good Luck with the LMIA application. May I know How they gave you file number? Post,Fax, Email or Phone.

EM-SKY

Aug 5, 2014
britinvancouver said:
They love their fax machine over there eh?
@ jaybakerca, Thanksfor the reply. I hope in future they will make sure that the documentation must be completed using TYPEWRITER :)