+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

living with or visiting?

mm

Aug 4, 2008
Hi :) I`m currently residing in Canada with my husband. I was granted a 6 months temporary resident visa. we`re doing the outland sponsorship application and quite a few questions on the forms are concerned with where I`m currently living, whether I`m living with my husband, or are asking either of us to list the people we`re living with.

so I was wondering whether I should write that we`re "living" together or is my stay in Canada considered only a visit?
thanks a lot and good luck with your applications =)

Martina

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Your stay in Canada is only a visit - you could indicate "living together" if you were granted at least one year's temporary status in Canada, but don't worry - with spousal sponsorships, whether you're living together or not is irrelevant. So use a residential address in your home country, indicate in your address history that you're in Canada for now (because you're legal), and don't forget to apply to extend your status by filing this extension application early enough that it's received by CIC BEFORE your current status expires. That gives you "implied status" to remain in Canada until they make a decision on the extension ap (about 65 days). Submit proof of your legal marriage, and that you have a PR ap in process and sufficient income for support (your husband's is fine to show that you're being supported so you won't work illegally) and you should have no problem being approved.

Yvonne

Feb 14, 2008
Wait time after immigration interview

Hello, Myhusband had his interview yesterday and we think it went well - the person said they would call when his visa is ready - anyone have any idea how long that usually takes? Thanks

M

med

that will take from a month till four months but it all depends on ur application forms and ur case so it might ever take less than that but the average is between one and four