+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Livin caregiver sending off application Oct 2012 - Feb.2013?

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
Julsen said:
Hi Everyone,
By the grace of God, i will be eligible to apply for PR soon. Please can anyone who has been able to get police clearance from their home country give me any helpful tips? I'm not quite sure where to start from.
Any tips from Live-in Caregivers that have gone through the whole PR application process would also be very helpful.
Thank you so much
Julsen, please state your home country so someone can better assist you.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
jessy_li said:
I got the letters from employers very timei went to vacation overseas, but nobady checked it.
Hi jessy_li, my problem is it is in check list for application for TRV or re-entry visa that I have to submit a letter of employer together with application for visa. When you go home before are you in OWP too? I want to visit my home country in the future. So hard my situation due to 3 months only as seasonal worker.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Freedomsong said:
Julsen, please state your home country so someone can better assist you.
Nigeria is my home country.
Thanks Freedomsong :)

I would still appreciate tips of how others got their police clearance regardless of their country of origin. So please people, help.
Thanks everyone.

margaux

Star Member
Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/OWP applied: Feb. 2013; OWP Rec'd:May 2013
Doc's Request.
AIP & Docs Req : May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
PR approval & PPR 2/12/15
LANDED..........
Apr. 9, 2015
Hi, received my owp! Timeline: pr/owp application received 2/1/13. owp issued 5/7/13, owp received in mail 5/14/13. God is good all the time! Good luck to all LICs.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
margaux said:
Hi, received my owp! Timeline: pr/owp application received 2/1/13. owp issued 5/7/13, owp received in mail 5/14/13. God is good all the time! Good luck to all LICs.
Congratulations margaux :).Yes, God is great!:)

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
margaux said:
Congrats Margaux!

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
Julsen said:
Nigeria is my home country.
Thanks Freedomsong :)

I would still appreciate tips of how others got their police clearance regardless of their country of origin. So please people, help.
Thanks everyone.
Well in my case (home country Jamaica), I got my finger prints done at Commisionaires in Scarbourough. They charged around $50 or so. You get the print out back right away. Then I sent this via express mail to my home country along with a letter if authorization for someone to act on my behalf to have the police clearance processed at the designated government agency. Upon receipt of the police clearance certificate (around a week of so), he then sent the document to me via express mail. In all this took around a month for the whole process so give yourself adequate head start. There is also the option of having it processed through my country's consulate here (which also takes roughly a month) but there are certain fees involved so i chose the route that I chose the route that i found to be more cost effective and was also a one i had used on a previous occasion. You should start this process as soon as you hv about a month or two left to complete ur required 2 yrs or 3900 hrs. Hope this helps. Good luck to you in this whole proces.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Freedomsong said:
Well in my case (home country Jamaica), I got my finger prints done at Commisionaires in Scarbourough. They charged around $50 or so. You get the print out back right away. Then I sent this via express mail to my home country along with a letter if authorization for someone to act on my behalf to have the police clearance processed at the designated government agency. Upon receipt of the police clearance certificate (around a week of so), he then sent the document to me via express mail. In all this took around a month for the whole process so give yourself adequate head start. There is also the option of having it processed through my country's consulate here (which also takes roughly a month) but there are certain fees involved so i chose the route that I chose the route that i found to be more cost effective and was also a one i had used on a previous occasion. You should start this process as soon as you hv about a month or two left to complete ur required 2 yrs or 3900 hrs. Hope this helps. Good luck to you in this whole proces.
Thank you for the info Freedomsong. Yes, this helps a whole lot.
I will contact my country's consulate here to know to the costs involved, but i'm already leaning towards taking the same route you took. And as you mentioned that it's one you've used before,i seem to be more comfortable with it. I will get started on it asap.
Please where in Scabourough is the Commissionaires you used located? Also, did you need to have the finger prints validated? i read something on the CIC website about having the prints certified by a recognised police authority or embassy or consulate:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp.

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
Julsen said:
I will contact my country's consulate here to know to the costs involved, but i'm already leaning towards taking the same route you took. And as you mentioned that it's one you've used before,i seem to be more comfortable with it. I will get started on it asap.
Please where in Scabourough is the Commissionaires you used located? Also, did you need to have the finger prints validated? i read something on the CIC website about having the prints certified by a recognised police authority or embassy or consulate:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp.

Hey Julsen, glad to help. Commisionaires is pretty well recognized. If in doubt just first check e the local authority responsible for clearances in yr home country. Any way u take it though u hv to use a private fingerprinting company or RCMP. When I checked w the local police they said they no longer provide that service. At commissionaires the print out u get will have your picture on it n signed by the officer who takes your fingerprints. You will most likely need passport photos to submit with ur application ( these most likely will need to b signed by a notary public). Notary publics can charge anywhere around $75 but your consulate might have someone who provides that service at a cheaper cost. In my case I got docs signed by a dentist. You will have to find out fr whom ur country accepts from. I think overall once u get this out of the way u realize that it's the most tedious part. http://www.commissionaires-cgl.ca/en/locations-office/loc-scarborough-fingerprinting-and-identification-services/
Tel: 1 877 488 9370

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Freedomsong said:
Julsen said:

Hey Julsen, glad to help. Commisionaires is pretty well recognized. If in doubt just first check e the local authority responsible for clearances in yr home country. Any way u take it though u hv to use a private fingerprinting company or RCMP. When I checked w the local police they said they no longer provide that service. At commissionaires the print out u get will have your picture on it n signed by the officer who takes your fingerprints. You will most likely need passport photos to submit with ur application ( these most likely will need to b signed by a notary public). Notary publics can charge anywhere around $75 but your consulate might have someone who provides that service at a cheaper cost. In my case I got docs signed by a dentist. You will have to find out fr whom ur country accepts from. I think overall once u get this out of the way u realize that it's the most tedious part. http://www.commissionaires-cgl.ca/en/locations-office/loc-scarborough-fingerprinting-and-identification-services/
Tel: 1 877 488 9370
Thanks for your reply Freedomsong and all the helpful information.So not just the finger prints, i need to get my passport photos signed as well?Wow. It does sound tedious. Any of those places offering passport services should be good enough ,yes?
I'm going to get started on it.
I can't thank you enough
Have a nice long weekend :)
God bless.

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
You're welcome Julsen. Good luck. Have great weekend too.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Happy long weekend everyone... "Like an Eagle may we always soar" May God bless us all to get thorugh this process in record breaking time. Time for us to have our family and start living.

@ Margaux congrats....super happy now go look for some new jobs and let us know how you coping.. :)

@ Julsen great info from Freedonsong...I have a friend from Nigeria what she does was to get everthing done 2 the RCMP or fingerprinting agency, took about 4 passport size fotos too, after she paid for it she send them her self to her friend back home to take to the local police (can take up to a month) if you plan ahead of time you can do everything through the agency i think.
hope all the info you get can help you to be better prepared.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
jessy_li said:
Just received OWP.
Sent 19th Jan 2013
Received 23rd Jan
OWP issued 25th April
Received 14th May

Congrats Jessy Li...dance the happy dance we here are happy for you...yeah CiC working,,,come on all lets celebrate for our pple's freedom we are 1 in this place...

wish i could get mine for my birthday on Tuesday..what better present would that be....

Arlyne

Apr 26, 2013
ewee said:
no worries, relaxgurl!

bout the police certificate/ clearance, guys, take note that you need to claim it from every country where you live for the period specified by cic (if im not mistaken, it's like for more than 6 months. oh well kindly just check on cic website just to be sure) when i requested mine here in edmonton, i went to the police told them that i'm requesting for a police cert/ background check for immigration purpose then they asked me to fill out a form, pay the necessary fee (and if i remember it's like $35) then they will give you option if you want to pick it up or you want it to be mailed to you. you will receive it a week or so depending on the number of the said application they are actually processing

by the way, when i went to the police, they asked for 2 government issued i.d

HI WHAT IF YOU WORK IN SAUDI FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS Paanu po makakuha ng plice certificate,im applying for caregiver and if ever i have the luck,kailanganin ko din ang police clearance in the futere,thanks

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Hi, I am working as a live in caregiver and I am going to send my PR/OWP application in JUly. I have read the document checklist for PR application. Do I need to send the statement of earnings, deductions, etc and also Option C printout from CRA? Or I can just send either one of these to show that I have completed working for 24 months?

Thank you for anyone who replies.