+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking MyCIC account to PR application

starlord_knight

Oct 21, 2015
lalicatter said:
Hi all, I was finally able to get the system to find our application. It didn't work until today - I swear I tried this info combo before but who knows. I can confirm that since our representative is using the paid representative portal it gives me the following message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

I have no intention of dropping my representative, just an FYI. I don't believe this shows up if you're your own spouse's representative.

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.
These steps helped me after trying multiple different combinations, thank you so much for the post, appreciate it !!

Mar 28, 2017
hi guys
just need some advice for those who successfully link to their application. i am unable to link to my application since last week. tried everything i could and answer the information correctly but still no luck for me.
any advice much appreciated.
thanks

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I cant link because I have a REP who is suppose to do all my linking ,,grr a story for another day,, BUT I did get this info a week or so back.. so you can try this
1. Application number
2. PA's name
3. Click box for place of birth as if you were going to enter something and hit the space bar once leaving the box blank
4. PA's country
5. Put the sponsor's address under where you will reside in Canada
6. Number of people - 2, the principal applicant and sponsor (this is assuming there are no children)

Leave everything else blank including passport info. It seems the less information you enter, the more successful you are likely to be. Unfortunately, it's a tricky thing and what works for some doesn't work for others. Good luck!

fattiesnowgirl said:
hi guys

anybody can me advice how to link? i tried to link since last monday but still no luck.any advice much appreciated.
thanks

Sep 15, 2016
Omegabyte said:
Not always. I couldn't get it to link until I used 1 person.

It's a very confusing and arbitrary system, apparently.
Thanks for the above response!! It worked!! Very confusing system indeed!

Just our story to help anyone out:
I am sponsor canadian, sponsoring wife british, no dependants
CIC received our app March 10, 2017, wife received email confirmation March 27 and I received March 28. Wife needs to login and link application, had some problems. Did 4 times with different verification and inputted all correct info: passport, where you will be living etc... Then I read this forum, and on the 5th time, final 5/5 for 24hrs, I input the number to 2 instead of 1 as I assumed wife is only person on form, and it worked!!!

Thank you so much! Looks like sponsor must be there as well! They shouldve said 'including sponsor' it was very unclear for us!

Mar 28, 2017
for clarification guys. been reading a lot of advice.

so for the "city of birth" should i just click the "space bar" no need to put anything?
and also so confusing on the the last part "status", some entered "single" instead of married.
i tried to entered married because i am married before the application was submitted in Feb. 2017
then when i saw some says they entered single so when i tried again i changed to "single" as my status but still no luck.
been trying to link for a week now.

any advice please. thanks a lot. GOD BLESS

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
fattiesnowgirl said:
for clarification guys. been reading a lot of advice.

so for the "city of birth" should i just click the "space bar" no need to put anything?
and also so confusing on the the last part "status", some entered "single" instead of married.
i tried to entered married because i am married before the application was submitted in Feb. 2017
then when i saw some says they entered single so when i tried again i changed to "single" as my status but still no luck.
been trying to link for a week now.

any advice please. thanks a lot. GOD BLESS
You just use the space bar and that's it, don't enter anything. Some people say that using single worked for them even though they are technically married and also some people have tried 1,2 or 3 as number of persons in application.

I have tried to link since January using all these different options and have not been successful in linking our application to date.

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
prvc said:
Haha yep still :eek:
I just tried this morning after 2 days break no luck.

Mar 28, 2017
Finally after A WEEK and followed those some tips just 1 attempt got it...Thank GOD...

Also i want to say thank you for those who gave me some advice and tips on how to link..
Indeed very tricky so for those unable to link yet here's what i did.

Application number + Family name
City of birth "just click space bar"
Country of origin
Passport information leave it blank
Number of application = 2

good thing i registered to this forum otherwise it will take forever for me to link.

hope this help for those who can't link..

again thank you guys for the help..

GOD BLESS US ALL

SuruchiMullick

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
21-October-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-11-2016 , AOR 2 : 02-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2017
KloveG said:
You just use the space bar and that's it, don't enter anything. Some people say that using single worked for them even though they are technically married and also some people have tried 1,2 or 3 as number of persons in application.

I have tried to link since January using all these different options and have not been successful in linking our application to date.
I would highly suggest ordering GCMS notes and double checking all your info.I tried for months,all possible combinations.They had put my husband's marital status as 'single' and I was trying with married.GCMS notes helped me!

Maddy44

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
05-04-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hey guys. I received UCI and application number today and tried all five attempts but not connecting. I'n using both UCI and application number should i use application and family number instead tomorrow. I'm sponsering my wife. How many number of applicants should i write 1 or 2. I left it blank tried 1 though but account not connecting.!!

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
KloveG said:
Haha yep still :eek:
I just tried this morning after 2 days break no luck.
Sorry to hear that you still didn't get your App linked into MyCIC.
Try all different kinds of Marital statuses because that did the trick for me but not sure about others. Try like Divorced, Single, etc., and give it a shot! No harm in trying though :)

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Thanks everyone :) I will keep trying. I tried married, single, divorced. There's a few other options there so it won't hurt to try.
I also realized that if you enter in passport info, you aren't required to put anything for place of birth and country. I didn't help lol. But I'll keep trying different things

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Leave the Passport info BLANK

KloveG said:
Thanks everyone :) I will keep trying. I tried married, single, divorced. There's a few other options there so it won't hurt to try.
I also realized that if you enter in passport info, you aren't required to put anything for place of birth and country. I didn't help lol. But I'll keep trying different things

Mar 28, 2017
hey guys..

it was very tricky until i followed those tips form other guys who did successfully link so now i am sharing what i did and how i did it..
I entered APPLICATION NUMBER + FAMILY NAME
Here's the tricky part.
CITY OF BIRTH do not put anything just click the "space bar" that's it
PASSPORT leave it blank as well
MARITAL STATUS click "married"
NUMBER OF APPLICATION put "2"

guys follow those steps as i followed others and just 1 attempt it will go through. trust me

thanks. good luck to those hasn't been link yet