+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

thepretender2013

May 11, 2014
mylady833 said:
No one really can help you with your situation but yourself as we do not exactly know how things are with you and your employer. But remember that you should have a valid status until you get your open work permit. Changing employer will not affect your PR application as long as you change employment once you get OWP or else you still need to get an LMIA and apply for a new closed work permit if you quit now. As the other said you already have endured 2 years working for them and it would only be a matter of few months for you to sacrifice and quit when you get your open work permit. As i said it is still your decision if things are getting hard for you. And just a piece of advice processing of PR is way quicker for those who have 1 employer. Goodluck
i am sorry to disagree with " you must have a valud status until you get your open work permit" . There seems to be a popular notion amongst us caregivers that we still need to wait for the open work permit before we sever ties with the employer. Thats not true. The instruction guide says AT THE TIME of application for pr, the caregiver must have valid status. Therefore, if the caregiver has met the requirements, and passed the application, she is already under IMPLIED STATUS. My suggestion to valkyrie would be: make sure she meets the requirements,pass the application, then ask for the employer to release her.

thepretender2013

May 11, 2014
Valkyrien said:
Insert Quote
Quote from: Valkyrien on September 25, 2014, 12:12:57 pm
Hi again! I'm right now worry coz I apply By option 1. 1 started 1 of September 2012 and sent all in 22nd of September 2014? Here Is read that need to wait up to the end of month to apply by option 1

hi regarding ur problem i called cic to ask that question because i started working oct 1 2012 and planning to send my application this oct 2nd.they said that my 24th month is oct 1 so its safe if u applied on the 22 of sept.as long as u have a letter of ur employer that u will continue to work for them

Hello! I got a letter from family and she wrote down when I started and that I still working for them.

I have big wish to quit but I can't now ..... I think I will wait the answer about PR..... Just start to be stressful to work. My family changed very.... I don't know what they want....

Can someone say or maybe some one had such things too.... My family not paying OVERTIME. Need to call to CIC or to go somewhere? It's just one of the things in family ....

Thank u for every one who replayed and who will replay to me :)
if you already meet the requirements for option 1 or 2, pass the application as soon as you can then ask the employer to release you. You dont have to be employed while witing for open work permit.

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Thank u very much for replays guys! I sent my PR and OWP application and it's in Vegerville from 22 of September. I hope to hear from them something soon, I know it's will be not so fast it will take a time. I just worry if is all ok with PR application. I have hope to get anything on 2 month ...

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
To Edson 2013

If I were you, Just wait for your open work permit and leave. Don't mind about those hours that they didn't pay you. JUst be thankful that you got all your papers and had already applied. Konting tiis nalang, kaya mo yan. Why don't you talk to your employer about your concern? Maybe they felt so much stress knowing that youre going to leave them. Try to talk to them, tell them honestly what you felt.

I jast want to ask... U said that I don't need to mind about overtimes hours and to be thankful. I do thankful for all that they did for me. But!

Will anyone make a present for over 7.000$ to ur employer????

They not poor .... I do not have idea to take money from single mom with 3 kids, I worked.... My mistake that I didn't understand from beginning that they not pay it .....

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
guys i just checked the processing times for pr when i called cic a while ago and it says 2 mos.processing.

BicolanoMan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
07-07-2020
jenrhea said:
guys i just checked the processing times for pr when i called cic a while ago and it says 2 mos.processing.
PR for LICP? 2 mos? how come? hehe :p

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
jenrhea said:
I called CIC last week and the agent said PR processing is 39 months for LCPs. That's their standard statement even if you're not asking them of processing time. ;D

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
The 2 mos.processing on the new telepone service is for the 1st stage of approval..:)

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Since applicants after in June 2014 on this topic seem to get AIP within about 2 to 3 months, two months PR processing time for LCP is understandable. Some of them got AIP before OWP.

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
Hi guys, i just sent my application today, thanks guys for the useful information, will update soon as i hear for cic. :)

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
notsniw817 said:
The 2 mos.processing on the new telepone service is for the 1st stage of approval..:)
oh i see.,got shocked also with what i heard when i called but some get their pr around 3 mos.and my freind of mine got hers in almost 4 mos.she is single

cuchipot

Nov 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepretender2013 said:
i am sorry to disagree with " you must have a valud status until you get your open work permit" . There seems to be a popular notion amongst us caregivers that we still need to wait for the open work permit before we sever ties with the employer. Thats not true. The instruction guide says AT THE TIME of application for pr, the caregiver must have valid status. Therefore, if the caregiver has met the requirements, and passed the application, she is already under IMPLIED STATUS. My suggestion to valkyrie would be: make sure she meets the requirements,pass the application, then ask for the employer to release her.
I agree with you, thepretender2013 :D

To Valkyrie, if you are here in Vancouver or any part of B.C., there is a non-profit organization that helps and assist caregivers with regards to their problems.