+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salimb said:
Hey to be able to travel after getting the PGWP i need the Temporary Resident Visa right? is the document : cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5708E.PDF ?

Since my student permit expired, but my work permit arrived, what category applies to me?

- Extension of my temporary resident status
- Restoration f temporary resident status as a visitor
- initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
Thanks
SalimB,

Be extra careful about some IMM forms. Some might seem the same but not really.

Form IMM5708E is for: Application to change conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a temporary visitor or Temporary resident permit holder.

Whereas the form you need, IMM5257E is for: Application for visitor visa (TRV).

Therefore, do a Google search for 'applying for TRV from within Canada.' Then find out how you want to apply (online or paper). Then do the questionnaire for eligibility.

Take your time and read the literature extra carefully. Other wise you might inadvertently delay your own travel plans because you applied for the wrong TRV. I hope that helps.

Cheers and good luck!

paramdhanoya

Aug 2, 2013
numair782 said:
Hi everyone,
i have read few comments, however this is my first massage for the post.
first of all, congratulations to everyone who got their permit. secondly thank you jubaer for the help.

i applied on october 2nd, 2015 however i am hopeless to get the PGWP by the end of this year as many of the may applicants are getting their permits now a days. i have a quick question:
i have paid $255 online when i submitted my application, however when i click on the receipt number in my profile, a pdf file is downloaded automatically.
and it has blanks for my address, client id, phone number, email id etc. it is stated to print two copies of this receipt and send one copy to cic. i am confused if i should send it or not. secondly, in case if i should, then which address?

thanks and regards
:)
Muhammad Numair
Hi Numair,
You should open the downloaded file in Adobe Reader and you will see all the details. PDF documents from CIC for some reason are displayed properly only in Adobe Reader.

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
jubear said:
SalimB,

Be extra careful about some IMM forms. Some might seem the same but not really.

Form IMM5708E is for: Application to change conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a temporary visitor or Temporary resident permit holder.

Whereas the form you need, IMM5257E is for: Application for visitor visa (TRV).

Therefore, do a Google search for 'applying for TRV from within Canada.' Then find out how you want to apply (online or paper). Then do the questionnaire for eligibility.

Take your time and read the literature extra carefully. Other wise you might inadvertently delay your own travel plans because you applied for the wrong TRV. I hope that helps.

Cheers and good luck!
Hello Jubear,

Thanks for answering :)

Everytime I do the elegibility questions I end up at the IMM5708E application.
Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?

What would you like to do in Canada? Visit
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country/territory of your passport? Tunisia
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? No What is your date of birth? **********
Have you lived in Canada as a permanent resident or landed immigrant? No
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)? No
What is your current immigration status in Canada? Worker Modify my Answers Modify my Answers What is your marital status? Married
What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time. Ontario
Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? No Modify my Answers When does your status in Canada expire? Date July 12, 2018
Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months? No
Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year? No
Do you want to submit an application for a family member? No

Should I applied by mail maybe?

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
salimb said:
Hello Jubear,

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country/territory of your passport? Tunisia
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? No What is your date of birth? **********
Have you lived in Canada as a permanent resident or landed immigrant? No
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)? No
What is your current immigration status in Canada? Worker Modify my Answers Modify my Answers What is your marital status? Married
What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time. Ontario
Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? No Modify my Answers When does your status in Canada expire? Date July 12, 2018
Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months? No
Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year? No
Do you want to submit an application for a family member? No

Should I applied by mail maybe?
you're selecting Visit under What would you like to do in Canada?. I think you should select Work.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salimb said:
Hello Jubear,

SalimB,

Your answer to the first question should be "Work"

Why? Because you are not returning to Canada to visit but rather to work. Change that and see what happens.

Cheers!

bilaltm

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my work permit approved on November 6, but still waiting for mail. I am from Toronto, does it take so long to receive ? Anyone in similar situation ?

hhsivy

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Nomination.....
08-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-07-2016
IELTS Request
18-08-2016
Med's Request
13-07-2016
Med's Done....
20-07-2016
Passport Req..
09-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2017
NT2015 said:
Really? How can they ask your passport even if there is no approval for TRV?
Anyway, I applied online on Oct 16 and only get few updates since then. One message of no updated on Sunday. I tried to call CIC today but the agent said the processing time is still on Oct 13. (remember that this lasted for 2 weeks so I don't know what CIC had done since then???)

I had to wait almost 1/2 year to receive my PGWP and now keep waiting for TRV which they say 14-17 days. have no clue!
Don't worry. It will be very fast for TRV. I got my PGWP on Oct 26. I applied TRV on Oct 29th which was a Friday. A blank update on Oct 30th. Then the next Monday which was Nov. 2nd, they sent me the message to request for the passport. The status won't change to approve until they put the visa on you passport. Mine was changed after 8 days they received the passport. Then today I got my passport back. The message which tell you to send the passport also says if you don't give them the passport in 30 days from they tell you, your TRV application will fail. That's why before you hand in you passport they won't change the status to approve. The details are:
October 29 (Fri)- Application Submitted
October 30 (Sat)- blank update
Nov 2 (Mon)-Original Passport requested
Nov 5 (Thu)- Sent out passport
Nov 6 (Fri)- Passport reached Ottawa
Nov 13 (Fri)-Application approved
Nov 16 (Mon)- Tracker updated for return envelope
Nov 17 (Tue)- Passport delivered

Good luck for all the people who is waiting for PGWP and TRV

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congratulations to those whose PGWP were approved last week. There was good news all round.

On another note, I just wanted to thank all those Members who have been kind enough to share their TRV timelines and experiences. That is nice of you guys. Keep it up and good luck on your TRVs. Hopefully you can travel in time for the holidays.

Cheers!

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi all, just sharing my timeline here:

*Based in Vancouver, BC
*Paid the open work permit fee with the submission of the application

PGWP application: June 27
Blank updates: Oct 9, Oct 21
Application approved: Oct 22
Arrival in mail: Oct 27

TRV application: Oct 30
Passport request: Nov 3
Passport sent: Nov 3
Blank update: Nov 4
Passport arrived: Nov 6
Application approved: Nov 17
Arrival in mail: Waiting :)

I wrote about the details of my application here. I consider mine to be a complicated case because the deadlines were all next to each other, but I'm glad it somehow all worked out. Good luck to everyone else who have yet to receive their permits. Don't lose hope! :)

Mark484

Jul 16, 2013
Congratulations to all those who got their work permit. :) :) :) :)
June 3 Still waiting . Called CIC twice they told me to wait till December 14th . :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sent Email to MP but no response .Don't know what to do .

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Mark484 said:
Congratulations to all those who got their work permit. :) :) :) :)
June 3 Still waiting . Called CIC twice they told me to wait till December 14th . :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sent Email to MP but no response .Don't know what to do .
Hi, don't send them an email. Either call or visit in person. That's the only way you will get them to do something. I'm still waiting too but my MP gave me information that CIC was not initially giving to me.