+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
sahmed17 said:
Congrats!! What is your MP's name? I want to contact an MP from the Ontario region :( So frustrated, i need my PGWP :////
Thank you. I'm in Richmond BC, my MP is Alice Wong. Unfortunately she isn't located in the Ontario region.

This wait has been extremely frustrating. The CIC website has yet to reflect the approved status. I am just hoping my potential employer will still consider hiring me.

nkhorasi

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-9-2016
Nomination.....
19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
Anyone here from Victoria and has tried contacting MP?
12th May applicant. Paid full on the very same day. No blank updates whatsoever in past 6 months. Contacted CIC multiple times for same stupid responses. Asked help from MP. The Constituency assistant said it will be resolved in a week. It's a week now and haven't heard from her ever. She didn't even gave an acknowledgement response to my email I sent to her with all details for inquiry.

When I contacted CIC initially, they said that there is an administrative error with my profile which shows that I paid 100$ on 12th August and not 12th May and that they will send an email to department to correct the payment date and approve the application. Contacted thrice after that and they said that department is working on it and I can only wait for the approval (for their administrative problems).

Anyone from Victoria still waiting for PGWP?

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I just called cic to change my address on PGWP paper application (applied on Sep 1). They provided me a online link to change it. However, I couldn't change online and getting this:

Change of Address
FAQ | Security

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

My case could be " This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed"

Is there other way I can change address? I can't see my status either because of paper application (For Work permit extension, only paper app are accepted).

Thank you

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
winnipeg141 said:
Hi Everyone,

I just called cic to change my address on PGWP paper application (applied on Sep 1). They provided me a online link to change it. However, I couldn't change online and getting this:

Change of Address
FAQ | Security

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

My case could be " This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed"

Is there other way I can change address? I can't see my status either because of paper application (For Work permit extension, only paper app are accepted).

Thank you

I had to change my address too so called CIC and asked the agent to change it. Try that :)

Can anyone tell me the name of the MP in Ontario (preferably Mississauga/brampton) who can help me? I tried calling the office of the MP in my area but was told that the new MP hasnt been officially appointed yet and they can only help me when they take the oath and offically take the position.

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
sahmed17 said:
I had to change my address too so called CIC and asked the agent to change it. Try that :)

Can anyone tell me the name of the MP in Ontario (preferably Mississauga/brampton) who can help me? I tried calling the office of the MP in my area but was told that the new MP hasnt been officially appointed yet and they can only help me when they take the oath and offically take the position.
They said I have to change online :(

zsquare

Oct 23, 2015
winnipeg141 said:
They said I have to change online :(
This is the link to change address: secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Add h ttps:// before secure.

pgwp2015

Oct 21, 2015
sahmed17 said:

i tried to contact Sven Spengemann but his office isnt setup yet so no help from there...what date did you apply? as it seems CIC has started clearing the backlog from May...btw i applied on may15, no response yet..

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
pgwp2015 said:
i tried to contact Sven Spengemann but his office isnt setup yet so no help from there...what date did you apply? as it seems CIC has started clearing the backlog from May...btw i applied on may15, no response yet..

I applied on June 10. They are processing June 20 according to the website but when I called they just said that i need to wait and its not processed yet.

Have to apply for TRV asap and my PGWP isnt even here :(

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Congrats! Did you submit you transcript or/and school letter? I am worrying about my case cuz I only submitted the school letter.

thineshbio said:
Hi the same happened to me. Did you get your approval letter in your CIC account ?

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
xiaopan said:
Congrats! Did you submit you transcript or/and school letter? I am worrying about my case cuz I only submitted the school letter.
Hi, I submitted my "Eligibility to graduate Letter" from my University and a copy of my transcript. But I am very sure that you have to submit either of them. Some of the members of the forum (and my friend who just submitted the University Letter), have received approval just with one of the documents.

If they need further documentations, they will definitely get in touch with you. Please don't worry much about it. I am certain that you will get the approval very soon. Good Luck !!!

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Guys, I got approved today but on my approval letter it says validity: 30 July, 2018. Shouldn't it be 3 years from date of approval?

ccar

Oct 9, 2015
May 10th applicant here...Paid $100 on Sep 10th per request from CIC..Then quiet...Still waiting...

FN111

Jul 9, 2015
got approved today as showed online. I did not receive any letter though. Those still waiting stay positive! It is only a matter of time. Also, new Prime Minister is cool. Hopefully he will make things smoother.

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
lady0421 said:
Timeline
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th, Oct 29
Current Status: Been informed by MP that it has been approved. CIC website has not changed its status yet, but MP provided me with the work permit document number. MP also said CIC won't be able to mail out the letter this week, no time frame was provided Waiting period: 187 days, 6 months 2 days.
Hello i have the same timeline and i came back to Canada last week and i request to the officer to talk to a immigration officer. was a lady i she was very kind, she checked and talk me that my permit was approved since Oct 27th but i still have nothing in may CIC account.

what is going on with people who applied may 2nd =( =(. the only thing that keeps me calm is that i know that is approved.

That day at the airport (Toronto) i also tried to request my wife permit but they told me that i have to wait for the document. all the officer were REALLY nice, i was a little bit nervous because those people who had a bad experience. but they were really friendly and helpful.

I also have two classmate who got refused their PGWP... that's make me fell really bad