+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after applying for Citizenship

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, that could be a very very tiny portion of people who cheats CRA not declaring the real income from local and overseas. Here is the point, you can not draw the PR and Citizen in one line. A PR has very limited scope to escape from CRA tax filing as it directly relates to their status. If a PR lives in Canada for 3-4 years filing income tax every year and after getting the citizenship, for their own family/work reason, if they decide to live somewhere else nothing wrong with that.

CIC has launched the investigation on few thousands PR/Citizen who CIC might think is not truthful on their residency or took the citizenship with fake information. I think so far CIC only found few people who has abused the law.

99% PR who comes in Canada are law obeyed people want to have descent and secured life in Canada.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
If a PR lives in Canada for 3-4 years filing income tax every year and after getting the citizenship, for their own family/work reason, if they decide to live somewhere else nothing wrong with that.
If the initial intent prior to obtaining PR / Citizenship was to work and raise family overseas after attaining Citizenship, then everything is wrong with that. That is misuse of citizenship in the eyes of CIC. If you didnt have the initial intent to live in Canada, then no need to come here. Stay out.

If after attaining Citizenship and several years down the road, you had a good opportunity to work overseas. Then that is fine. Provided you declare your world income, pay taxes etc.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
there is one ignorant want me to stop criticizing,I should say that indian man that I am not indian,and whatever you believe in indians it is your country and it has nothing to do with me,second,you are very stupid because that guy got his credit in canada ,and he mentioned here ,his name is bashrar,it means that he learned skills of canadians,i know many students that get their credits here and they remain jobless,so stop saying nonsense,I have seen many stupid people like you,if you love canada because of your self interest then keep it for yourself and keep your mouth shut and say whatever you want about indians.washing house with crap and all that you said has nothing with my words,maybe just it is indian life style

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
If after attaining Citizenship and several years down the road, you had a good opportunity to work overseas. Then that is fine. Provided you declare your world income, pay taxes etc.
Canada does not require you to pay taxes on world income if you are not resident in Canada for tax purposes. A Canadian citizen whether Canadian born or naturalized who moves to another country and does not keep a home in Canada or stay in Canada more than 6 months a year would not be considered resident for tax purposes. He can contact CRA and ask them to take him off their mailing list and they will.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Hello rsingh (high paying job in Dubai) and to all those who are here for a free ride.

I became a permanent resident of this country & I love Canada toooo much. I sincerely believe that the Canadian government should not allow people who are misusing the immigration system. People who want to leave Canada after becoming citizen and PRs and want to take all the free dollars and benefits. People like you bring a bad name to honest, hardworking, dedicated immigrants of Canada. Therefore, all of you above if you want to leave Canada, just stay out of Canada, because you guys work overseas, dont pay tax and suck all the benefits out and create a tax burden for tax payers.
If you dont like the employment in Canada, then dont come to Canada. Stay out and work in Dubai or Pakistan wherever you like.
Hello SinghLovCan,

I think it's rather unfair that you would make dangerous assumptions about a blog member you don't know. Just because he gave you a little information about his personal life (high paying job in Dubai) does not give you the authority to make spiteful judgements about him. What makes you think that because he works in Dubai, he's not an honest, hardworking immigrant.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with MrB - no need to bash someone else who's asking for some suggestions. We are all immigrants in Canada and everyone has different needs and problems. I've read your comments SinghLovCan and some of them sound very derogatory and very "un-canadian" of you. It is for CIC to figure out if someone is cheating the system or not - not for us - we all have our own dealings to attend to. This forum is for us to seek help and get a shoulder to lean on in the virtual world :)

MrB said:
Hello SinghLovCan,

I think it's rather unfair that you would make dangerous assumptions about a blog member you don't know. Just because he gave you a little information about his personal life (high paying job in Dubai) does not give you the authority to make spiteful judgements about him. What makes you think that because he works in Dubai, he's not an honest, hardworking immigrant.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
The risk of submitting at day 1096 then leaving Canada immediately for a lengthy absence aka applying on your way to the airport is breaching the RO = removal order = delayed/no oath.
Yes this is applicable to those who are not willing to maintain residential ties back in Canada. But people who having family settled in Canada and kids going to school and if the school summer or winter vacation around the corner when they are ready to apply for citizenship. They can apply and have the utilized the vacation should not be a issue with CIC or individuals who has sudden family matters (illness or real cause) back in home to travel should not be a problem..

So the bottom line is, under the present CIC scrutiny anyone willing leave Canada for extended period and has no family or other residential ties back in Canada and will appear only when the test is scheduled yes... they will be targeted by CIC and possibly CJ may reject giving reason that you left Canada after applying and did not maintain any residential ties thereafter..

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrB said:
Hello SinghLovCan,

I think it's rather unfair that you would make dangerous assumptions about a blog member you don't know.
No, its not a dangerous assumption. Infact that is what the current Conservative Government is trying to do. To STOP the MISUSE of Canadian Citizenship. Like I said above, if you have no intention of keeping residential ties with Canada PRIOR to your application, then no need to apply for Citizenship or even being a PR. The problem is that it is very hard to determine HONEST INTENTION vs FAKED INTENTION, as no government can look inside the person.
If you got a HIGH paying Job in Dubai. Then be a citizen of UAE, why Canada? It is people who misuse Citizenship cause the biggest burden to TAX PAYERS and Honest Immigrants like me who LIVE & WORK in Canada.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SignhLovCan,
Please don't be like some people who judge others based on little info. You have the right to state your opinion but don't try to offend anyone.
I know Canadian citizens who had to go back home to take care of their old parents who can't even leave their beds and they still earn a very good living. And other Canadian citizens who were born in Canada but decided to live somewhere else (gulf area). Every Canadian citizen has the right to move wherever they want. And most important: EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES. I don't want to argue with you about this. I am just asking you to respect everyone here. If you don't have any input or opinion to share, without offending people, then please keep it to yourself.
Thanks in advance.

SinghLovCan said:
No, its not a dangerous assumption. Infact that is what the current Conservative Government is trying to do. To STOP the MISUSE of Canadian Citizenship. Like I said above, if you have no intention of keeping residential ties with Canada PRIOR to your application, then no need to apply for Citizenship or even being a PR. The problem is that it is very hard to determine HONEST INTENTION vs FAKED INTENTION, as no government can look inside the person.
If you got a HIGH paying Job in Dubai. Then be a citizen of UAE, why Canada? It is people who misuse Citizenship cause the biggest burden to TAX PAYERS and Honest Immigrants like me who LIVE & WORK in Canada.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
SignhLovCan,
Please don't be like some people who judge others based on little info. You have the right to state your opinion but don't try to offend anyone.
I know Canadian citizens who had to go back home to take care of their old parents who can't even leave their beds and they still earn a very good living. And other Canadian citizens who were born in Canada but decided to live somewhere else (gulf area). Every Canadian citizen has the right to move wherever they want. And most important: EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES. I don't want to argue with you about this. I am just asking you to respect everyone here. If you don't have any input or opinion to share, without offending people, then please keep it to yourself.
Thanks in advance.
Re-Read and Re-Read my last post again. ""Like I said above, if you have no intention of keeping residential ties with Canada PRIOR to your application, then no need to apply for Citizenship or even being a PR.""

There are many immigrants in this country, who will tell you that they are just waiting to complete their 1095 days , get their citizenship and wooof they fly, never to come back except for old age pension.

Being a Citizen DOES give you the right to work overseas. So If someone decides to move AFTER Being a Citizen due to circumestances then that is fine. Execuse me for the spelling.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ SignhLovCan,

You are commenting too much on people's personal choice. I guess you suddenly discovered Canada but here in this blog there is 1000s of people who are living here in Canada or having ties from 80s, 90s and they have dual nationalities and live in both countries.. It looks you are trying to proof yourself too Canadian and other people are just came here for visit and vacation or for only citizenship? again.. in my last post I informed you there is very very tiny portion of people who may abuse the system..

This thread subject is: "Leaving Canada after applying for Citizenship" and what happens if some one applies and goes out of country for vacation or family issues? So, please post positive thoughts rather attacking people's personal choice..

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
and what happens if some one applies and goes out of country for vacation or family issues? So, please post positive thoughts rather attacking people's personal choice..
I see no problem in that.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john.foot said:
After I fulfill the 1095 day requirement I plan to leave Canada for an extended period (many years due to personal reasons) and come back for the Citizenship test and Oath only and leave Canada again.

No need to wait for 1095 day. No need to come back for the oath and ceremony. Just leave where you like to leave. That is the best I can tell you.

-- This is exactly why the conservatives are bringing in the new bill C-24. This is exactly the reason why it is called "Strengthening the Citizenship Act." Learn the value of being a Canadian Citizen.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
No need to wait for 1095 day. No need to come back for the oath and ceremony. Just leave where you like to leave. That is the best I can tell you.
Well.. CIC already is in action for that kind of intention. So we rather should give this person good advise i/o acting like govt official. I guess all we can advise him that you should not leave for extend period for work/business outside and comeback for test/oath.. CIC will eventually caught you and possible you will loose your PR..