+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave Canada for a month while spouse sponsorship is in process

belch

May 9, 2017
I also have this issue last week cause i'm planning to go home for 40 days in the philippines. I am the sponsor, PR only. I also posted the same thing in this forum and some of them told me not to leave canada while sponsorship applicantion is still on process. I called the immigration to clarify and the agent told me a month or two is not a big deal the only thing that will affect the application is if you will stay outside canada for a long time for example 6 months. Hope this helps. I'm planning to call the immigation again to clarify and this time i will ask some proof that it is safe to go on a vacation.
Hi!
I would like to know did you end up going home? How long it was and does it cause any problem? Because right now im having the same problem.

Thank you

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Expect help please: @Leon or anyone

I am sponsoring my wife (she is oultland), please check my timeline

App Rec: 26th Sep, 2017
AOR1: 2017-11-28
SA: 2017-12-05
ECAS in process: 2018-01-17 / today

Called CIC today and agent said my wife's application got selected for Pilot program and initial stage of process will be handle in Canada.

Now my question: I am planning to leave Canada for 43 days to my home country (between March and April), my company allow me to work from home, so technical i am not on vacation, I am going to get paycheck, paying my house rent..
So, can I leave Canada for 43 days, while the application is in process ? I am planning to leave in March and April, that time application might be in background check, is it a good idea to leave for 43 days?

Anyone did something like this in past 1 yr ?

Please reply with some expect view.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013

Called CIC today and agent said my wife's application got selected for Pilot program and initial stage of process will be handle in Canada.

Now my question: I am planning to leave Canada for 43 days to my home country (between March and April), my company allow me to work from home, so technical i am not on vacation, I am going to get paycheck, paying my house rent..
So, can I leave Canada for 43 days, while the application is in process ? I am planning to leave in March and April, that time application might be in background check, is it a good idea to leave for 43 days?

Can anyone please answer this ? Any expect advice ?

akhila.kota1

Mar 7, 2018

Hi my husband and me together are going to submit our inland pr application and my husband is a primary applicant.. i have to travel back to my home country due to some personal emergency for 2 months my husband anyway is staying here in canada.. will there be a problem during our pr processing ? I have my open work permit visa for till 2019. Can someone guide me on this..

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi my husband and me together are going to submit our inland pr application and my husband is a primary applicant.. i have to travel back to my home country due to some personal emergency for 2 months my husband anyway is staying here in canada.. will there be a problem during our pr processing ? I have my open work permit visa for till 2019. Can someone guide me on this..
Yes. On an inland application applicant and sponsor are expected to be inside Canada. 2 months is way too long.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Either apply outland or apply inland when you return to Canada.

akhila.kota1

Mar 7, 2018
We have got invite recently after my husband has got Canadian work experience so can we apply outland? Will we have option to choose if it is going to be Inland or outland ? And also if we apply outland can i return back to canada with my work permit or should i stay back in my country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We have got invite recently after my husband has got Canadian work experience so can we apply outland? Will we have option to choose if it is going to be Inland or outland ? And also if we apply outland can i return back to canada with my work permit or should i stay back in my country?
You are posting in the Family Class section of the forum. Post on the EE section.

lamiyarakib

May 7, 2018
I am a canadian citizen and i sponsored my wife who is living outside canada....... can i leave canada and stay with her when the application stays in progress?

marecpovoda

Aug 26, 2016
Hi there guys! I have been trying to figure this out for a while but nowhere I have found answer for this. My question is regarding leaving Canada while inland application is in progress. I read on the official CIC website that you can leave Canada during inland application.

First thing:
How long can you stay outside Canada? You both have to reside in Canada but what does that mean timewise? As you only are considered residing in other coutry, if you stay there for 6 months at least or more. Is there a certain rule for how long you can stay outside?

Other thing. I know there was not any exit control in Canada which means they don't even know if you are leaving the country or when you are leaving. Last year, when I left Canada, they still had not stamped. Is this the same still?

Because of this you could visit your Canadian partner in Canada, staying there for a week or two, submit your inland application with open work permit app, then you can return home and keep working. They dont even know if you left. When your work permit arrives approximately in 4 months, you can go back with that in hand and that's it. They won't see when you left Canada. They will be able to see only that you are coming back with an open work permit. They won't be able to determine the exact time of your leaving. In addition, if all your paperworks are alright, you have travel documents, you are not a criminal, you can demonstrate you are admissible and not dangerous for canadians, they will let you in. In order to get sent home, they must have a genuine reason to say no to you when arriving in Canada. If everything is alright, they will give you green light

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there guys! I have been trying to figure this out for a while but nowhere I have found answer for this. My question is regarding leaving Canada while inland application is in progress. I read on the official CIC website that you can leave Canada during inland application.

First thing:
How long can you stay outside Canada? You both have to reside in Canada but what does that mean timewise? As you only are considered residing in other coutry, if you stay there for 6 months at least or more. Is there a certain rule for how long you can stay outside?

Other thing. I know there was not any exit control in Canada which means they don't even know if you are leaving the country or when you are leaving. Last year, when I left Canada, they still had not stamped. Is this the same still?

Because of this you could visit your Canadian partner in Canada, staying there for a week or two, submit your inland application with open work permit app, then you can return home and keep working. They dont even know if you left. When your work permit arrives approximately in 4 months, you can go back with that in hand and that's it. They won't see when you left Canada. They will be able to see only that you are coming back with an open work permit. They won't be able to determine the exact time of your leaving. In addition, if all your paperworks are alright, you have travel documents, you are not a criminal, you can demonstrate you are admissible and not dangerous for canadians, they will let you in. In order to get sent home, they must have a genuine reason to say no to you when arriving in Canada. If everything is alright, they will give you green light
It is very easy for IRCC and CBSA to find out you left. More than a few weeks outside of Canada and you risk your app.

marecpovoda

Aug 26, 2016
It is very easy for IRCC and CBSA to find out you left. More than a few weeks outside of Canada and you risk your app.
1, How would they find out?
2, It should be an exact amount of time that states how long not to be in Canada would mean you are not residing in Canada. What is that time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1, How would they find out?
2, It should be an exact amount of time that states how long not to be in Canada would mean you are not residing in Canada. What is that time?
1. Your entry would be recorded in the system when you return. They can check flight manifests, passport stamps etc. to find out when you left. Or the officer can simply tell you that they know you were out of Canada and require you to prove how long you were gone.

2. There is no set time. IRCC probably leaves it like that for officers to be able to decide on a case-by-case basis. This is why it is recommended on the forum to not spend more than a few weeks outside.

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
My husband left Canada for 3months while our application was in process every year for 3months!! No one said anything to him!! Outland application!! No one will say anything because if it is a law it will be for everyone!! Just our experience!!
This is little reassuring
Thanks
We applied for my husband in August,2018 and i am
Looking forward to go see him in april for 3-4 months and hoping to come back with him but am full of doubts
And i did aks same thing via webform and reply i got was as PR i must be physicaly present in canada for 730 days in 5 year time period which i think impies as long as PR abides by Permanent residency terms and conditons it should be okay !
Correct me if i am wrong

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is little reassuring
Thanks
We applied for my husband in August,2018 and i am
Looking forward to go see him in april for 3-4 months and hoping to come back with him but am full of doubts
And i did aks same thing via webform and reply i got was as PR i must be physicaly present in canada for 730 days in 5 year time period which i think impies as long as PR abides by Permanent residency terms and conditons it should be okay !
Correct me if i am wrong
You are wrong. If IRCC finds out you have left Canada for that long, you can expect your app to be refused. Keep the visit to a few weeks.

Reactions: neha25