+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave Canada for a month while spouse sponsorship is in process

M

mikeymyke

It should be fine, Canadian citizens don't have any restrictions on leaving when its an outland application.

maricarnico27

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 15, 2016
File Transfer...
September 7, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 12, 2016
I also have this issue last week cause i'm planning to go home for 40 days in the philippines. I am the sponsor, PR only. I also posted the same thing in this forum and some of them told me not to leave canada while sponsorship applicantion is still on process. I called the immigration to clarify and the agent told me a month or two is not a big deal the only thing that will affect the application is if you will stay outside canada for a long time for example 6 months. Hope this helps. I'm planning to call the immigation again to clarify and this time i will ask some proof that it is safe to go on a vacation.

M

mikeymyke

You can do what you want, but don't be disappointed if you get refused. Because it would be a shame to have to start the spousal sponsorship process all over again given you're so close to the finish line.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
being a PR it would definitely affect because it says on the website somewhere that PRs have to be in Canada. Luckily I am a canadian citizen so don't have those restrictions.

maricarnico27

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 15, 2016
File Transfer...
September 7, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 12, 2016
taniam00 said:
being a PR it would definitely affect because it says on the website somewhere that PRs have to be in Canada. Luckily I am a canadian citizen so don't have those restrictions.

Yes PRs have to be in canada. For me, it means prs have to be living in canada. PRs cannot sponsor if he/she is living ouside canada. If your staying outside canada for good that will really affect your application but short vacation should be fine. Like what the immigration officer told me, "if you will go outside canada for a short vacation let's say a month or two that's fine but if you're planning to go outside canada for good, that's not a good idea"..

Reactions: princessbadillo
M

mikeymyke

prvc said:
Hi. We have the same situation. My husband is booked to visit me here in the PI for exactly a month from this coming Dec to Jan. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.. So my husband who's a PR can come here in the Philippines while our app is in process without having to worry that it will be denied?
No there is a possibility it can be denied, though its a small chance. He is a PR, and he is supposed to remain in canada. You should go visit him instead, no risk there

M

mikeymyke

prvc said:
Our application is outland. Does the visit still pose a risk? Has anyone been denied here because of that?
Outland, inland, it doesnt matter, he is a PR he should stay. Its a small chance of refusal, but why would u want to take such a chance on such an important application?

Again I suggest you go visit him instead

M

mikeymyke

Why would he buy a ticket already knowing he's supposed to be in Canada as a PR?

And why wouldn't you try to come visit him anyway? It'd be nice for you to at least visit the country and house where you'll be living for the rest of your life.

maricarnico27

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 15, 2016
File Transfer...
September 7, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 12, 2016
That was my concern too, but i already called the immigration about that. According to them, (PR sponsor)" it's okay to have short vacation but if you are plannjng to stay there for good while your application is still on process, it's not a good idea". But if you're still in doubt you can call the immigration to be sure cause i akready did call them and ask them same question twice..

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
prvc said:
I can't visit him instead because it's going to be a whole new process. And besides he booked his ticket already. If that is going to be the case, maybe we'll just postpone the application until he comes back there on January.
What do you mean "it's going to be a whole new process"? You can visit while an outland application is in process. If you get a TRV, there are no problems with visiting. It does not change your application to inland.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The amount of documents for a TRV is considerably smaller than for your PR application. You can even apply online.

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Janix said:
Hi There Guys,

Maybe anyone here could give me an advise.
We just submitted our application for spouse sponsorship last July 2015.
And I already received an email from immigration office here in Canada saying that I am approved to sponsor my partner from the Philippines,
and they already forwarded our application to Canada Embassy Manila for further processing.

My question is can I have a vacation in the Philippines for a month?
so that i can spend more time with my family there and my partner?

Will it affect the process if leave Canada for a month?
Some say yes, I should never leave canada while our application is in process, others say the other wise..

Thanks in Advance!
Visiting your spouse for 2 months reasonable and help in development of relationship also.
CIC worried if you stay there for 1 year, then they ask u how can u reestablish and relocate in canada

flutra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Janix said:
I see..

Thanks so much screech339! :)
My husband left Canada for 3months while our application was in process every year for 3months!! No one said anything to him!! Outland application!! No one will say anything because if it is a law it will be for everyone!! Just our experience!!

flutra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
prvc said:
Did they know anything about it though?
Of course we been through interviews and court!! And of course we told them to show them relationship!! They want the spouse to visit!!

belch

May 9, 2017
Hi There Guys,

Maybe anyone here could give me an advise.
We just submitted our application for spouse sponsorship last July 2015.
And I already received an email from immigration office here in Canada saying that I am approved to sponsor my partner from the Philippines,
and they already forwarded our application to Canada Embassy Manila for further processing.

My question is can I have a vacation in the Philippines for a month?
so that i can spend more time with my family there and my partner?

Will it affect the process if leave Canada for a month?
Some say yes, I should never leave canada while our application is in process, others say the other wise..

Thanks in Advance!
Hi! I was wondering, so did you end up going on vacation for a month? And how was it did it cause any problem? Thank you